eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

marketplace transactions reached a threshold
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyflower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: marketplace transactions reached a threshold Reply with quote

today I receive an email from ecrater, saying that my marketplace transactions reached a threshold and a payment is now due, I don't know what is the “threshold”, why need to pay for it? Thank you very much.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The email or "threshold" is nothing to get worry. If you paid your past fees.

I don't remember the links, but in the forum we have topics about the issue. Please feel free to make a search.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you sold any items in eCraters marketplace, they charge a small fee. Your fees must have reached the limit and now needs to be paid. On the left side of your Admin page, down near the bottom there is a button that says "Marketplace Cost", just click that and pay.
skyflower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
If you sold any items in eCraters marketplace, they charge a small fee. Your fees must have reached the limit and now needs to be paid. On the left side of your Admin page, down near the bottom there is a button that says "Marketplace Cost", just click that and pay.

thank you for your reply, do you know how much is the limit?
skyflower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
The email or "threshold" is nothing to get worry. If you paid your past fees.

I don't remember the links, but in the forum we have topics about the issue. Please feel free to make a search.

thanks very much for your answer Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since ecrater wants the sellers to pay for their fees through Paypal, paypal charges ecrater fees every time they accept payments from us sellers so they lose money if they let you pay little amounts here and there for like 12 cents 41 cents etc. so ecrater waits until you owe usually just a little less than $1.50 before they bill you which makes sense to me.

Keep in mind, you are not forced to pay these fees. If you think the fees are unfair, just ignore the bill, ecrater is not going to close your store or suspend your account. The fees are optional but not paying them will hurt your search ranking. Those fees are not for ecrater to collect just because you use their site to sell, those fees are mostly passed on to the search engine companies so those of us who are willing to pay can have higher search ranking on google, yahoo, and bing, and have our items visible in google shopping. So not paying will not get you in trouble, but if not paid your products will be removed from google shopping, you will have lower search engine ranking on google, yahoo, and bing, and your items may eventually disappear from the ecrater marketplace too.

You can go into your settings and under options, and tell ecrater to "send minimum buyers from marketplace" if you want and you shouldn't be billed again but just be prepared to bring in your own customers from now on, checking that option means ecrater will no longer feed your items to google shopping and you will lose search rank so you will have to lead buyers to your store on your own. But those fees are for those of us who wish to pay for better search ranking.
skyflower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
Since ecrater wants the sellers to pay for their fees through Paypal, paypal charges ecrater fees every time they accept payments from us sellers so they lose money if they let you pay little amounts here and there for like 12 cents 41 cents etc. so ecrater waits until you owe usually just a little less than $1.50 before they bill you which makes sense to me.

Keep in mind, you are not forced to pay these fees. If you think the fees are unfair, just ignore the bill, ecrater is not going to close your store or suspend your account. The fees are optional but not paying them will hurt your search ranking. Those fees are not for ecrater to collect just because you use their site to sell, those fees are mostly passed on to the search engine companies so those of us who are willing to pay can have higher search ranking on google, yahoo, and bing, and have our items visible in google shopping. So not paying will not get you in trouble, but if not paid your products will be removed from google shopping, you will have lower search engine ranking on google, yahoo, and bing, and your items may eventually disappear from the ecrater marketplace too.

You can go into your settings and under options, and tell ecrater to "send minimum buyers from marketplace" if you want and you shouldn't be billed again but just be prepared to bring in your own customers from now on, checking that option means ecrater will no longer feed your items to google shopping and you will lose search rank so you will have to lead buyers to your store on your own. But those fees are for those of us who wish to pay for better search ranking.

Thank you very much for your answer, marketplace cost I know it is reasonable, but they charge me marketplace cost and threshold cost, I wasn't charged the threshold cost before, so I have confuse. Very Happy
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That just means that people were probably buying directly from your store, or you weren't selling much and it took a while to build up. You should check the forum at least once a week to check for changes in rules.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the term threshold in this case means that you need to pay your accumulated selling fees. It's sort of like a bar tab, no fee on the tab but there are limits as to how much credit the bar will extend to you.

elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyflower, I recommend you visit and check at least 2 times every week the eCrater forum. Some times you can read topics with updates, news, issues, and other stuff related to eCrater.

If you have issues remember to explain the details. Because in the forum we are just sellers like you. Always someone has a recommendation or the answer. Wink
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyflower wrote:
SammysSupplies wrote:

thank you for your reply, do you know how much is the limit?

I *think* the accumulated threshold is 50-cents.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

school-yearbooks wrote:

I think the term threshold in this case means that you need to pay your accumulated selling fees. It's sort of like a bar tab, no fee on the tab but there are limits as to how much credit the bar will extend to you.

I thought about that too School Yearbooks. That it may have meant the seller has never paid any previous invoices and ecrater is getting to the point where they're saying, if you don't pay all previous invoices within so many days, your items will be removed from Google shopping and marketplace. Correct me if wrong, but I recall Dimitar saying eventually not paying would also possibly get your items removed from the marketplace or get them placed VERY far back in the search results, like last page very last result.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The threshold is just when marketplace costs reach a certain point, the store is invoiced for them in advance of the normal billing cycle. When the threshold payment is made, it would not be invoiced again on the normal cycle. It is not an additional cost, it is just being billed sooner because the marketplace cost have reached a threshold limit.

em
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:
The threshold is just when marketplace costs reach a certain point, the store is invoiced for them in advance of the normal billing cycle. When the threshold payment is made, it would not be invoiced again on the normal cycle. It is not an additional cost, it is just being billed sooner because the marketplace cost have reached a threshold limit.

em

Oh, like saying the fee amounts you owe us are getting pretty high for the months the invoice was for so we are billing you now before the amounts get too much larger? I think I understand now.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
ecrater-moon wrote:

em

Oh, like saying the fee amounts you owe us are getting pretty high for the months the invoice was for so we are billing you now before the amounts get too much larger? I think I understand now.

Yes it is like a pre-invoice Tiger.

em
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: