eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

1st time buyer Order not showing.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwlms

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: 1st time buyer Order not showing. Reply with quote

I try to view my cart and nothing is there. I am not understanding why it is not showing my purchase.

I place an order that has yet to be verified buy the seller. I have received no receipt from the seller or shipment notice.

The transaction is showing the funds were transferred to the seller.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check your spam inbox folder? Some mail services like aol, if you've never ordered from ecrater prior to the order you placed, will send your verifications to spam box. But if you paid and can see the money deducted from your card account, you will always receive an email confirming payment, an email from ecrater verifying the order, and another email from ecrater where you can leave feedback for the seller once the order arrives. If you did not get the emails, after checking your spam folder, contact ecrater to make sure it went through okay. Since buyers do not create accounts here, your cart is not saved once the order is paid for as you should have recieved an email with a receipt for your items.

Their email is contact@ecrater.com

Some sellers don't send their own personal thank you emails in addition to the ones ecrater sends. I always send one, but not everyone does. Probably because they are used to ebay and ebay frowns upon sellers contacting buyers. Emailing the buyer can actually get a seller in trouble on other marketplaces, so they come to ecrater to sell and think they are not allowed to email their customers here either when they are allowed to and it's highly encouraged here.
bwlms

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the funds have been deducted from my account. I sent the seller a message from here and still I have heard nothing. I did get an email saying that the funds were paid to the buyer from Paypal. Paypal did send a receipt of payment to the seller and listed the item. But I have heard nothing what so ever from this seller period.

Not sure that I will be waiting very much longer for a response.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwlms not offense, but the 1rst thing you must understand. The forum is for sellers. So you must understand we can't do anything about any business between buyers and sellers. We can only give opinions, recommendations, and comment about the issue.

eCrater is a marketplace. It isn't a cooperative. Business between sellers and buyers are responsibility of each seller and buyer. eCrater has rules for the sellers to use the site. So if you have a big issue with a seller or find a seller breaking eCrater rules. You can report it to eCrater.

The 2nd thing if you appear in the forum trying to tell an issue. At least show some respect to our intelligence and give us the details. Who is the seller? What you buy? When you pay? Where do you live? How long are you waiting for the item? The details can give more info about the issue.

About the "Shopping Carts". As far I saw the Shopping Cart from the marketplace is different from the Shopping Cart of a store.

About the e-mail confirmation orders. Sometimes the eCrater system take time to send those automatic emails. And depending your e-mail provider it can bounce or send to the trash.

About payments. If you paid using PayPal. Get in mind. If you don't receive the items. You can get your money back.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The forum is for sellers

Elpereles - I am sorry to disagree with you, but this particular forum on eC is NOT just for sellers. Having said that - Technically speaking they have a store; there might not be anything in it...but there is a storefront.

Who is the seller?[quote]
Once again, Elpereles, I am afraid I totally disagree on this one too. They should not be specifically naming a seller.
bwlms

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you AtMemoryLane, I don't think I should mention the sellers name either. But I must say there should be a forum for customers to get help here. I was reluctant to order from here to begin with due to the fact there is no real way to contact anyone in a case like this.

I will not make the sellers name , store or product public. That is not ethical in a public forum period!

elpereles, are you serious?????????????? I am not respecting your intelligence????????

If this is the way a customer who is trying to find out what to do in a situation like this. I must say this is my first and last time making a purchase here. And further more if anyone as I will let them know how I was treated here
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtMemoryLane, the forum in general is for sellers. But if you believe anyone can appear in the forum and make a comment. It is up to you.

I respect your opinion. But if we want a better marketplace. If you made things public. We need the details. And things like hiding the name of the sellers aren't helping eCrater. Because some people don't understand that eCrater is a marketplace. It isn't a cooperative.

Quote:
elpereles, are you serious?????????????? I am not respecting your intelligence????????

Yes, I'm serious. I'm buyer and seller in the Internet. It isn't 1rst time or last time I saw people (sellers and buyers) appearing in forums trying to make an issue to attack a group, specific people or a company, but avoiding to tell some important details.

If you pay by PayPal. I don't understand the issue. If I join a forum to tell an issue or site to give my review. I tell the details. Here in this forum, we are just sellers/members of the site. We don't have any power/control in other sellers business. We can only give our opinions. If you want to get at least some type of "support". What is the fear to tell details? If a seller is making "bad" business. What is the fear to tell the name?

Here in the forum. We saw some sellers making "bad" business. Many were suspended and we saw the reasons. And as far I remember many of those sellers disappear even from the forum because they can't tell anymore lies.

Quote:
If this is the way a customer who is trying to find out what to do in a situation like this. I must say this is my first and last time making a purchase here. And further more if anyone as I will let them know how I was treated here

One more time. We aren't responsible of business of other sellers and buyers. eCrater is a marketplace. It isn't a cooperative. If you don't like my comments is one thing, but I'm not speaking for eCrater or the rest of the sellers.

Next time you appear public in a forum or a site. Tell all the details.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtMemoryLane wrote:
Quote:
The forum is for sellers

Elpereles - I am sorry to disagree with you, but this particular forum on eC is NOT just for sellers. Having said that - Technically speaking they have a store; there might not be anything in it...but there is a storefront.

elpereles is correct, the community forum is a forum for sellers to help sellers. There are some sections that are not viewable unless a person logs in, however, it is not possible to post in ANY topic unless you are logged in. The only way to log in and post, is to open a store. At no point has bwlms presented themselves as a possible seller.

@ bwlms, I'm sorry you feel you have a problem with a purchase from a seller on eCRATER. There is no way anyone on this forum has access to any information related to the purchase except for the information you provide in this open forum. If you wish to contact the eCRATER customer service team regarding the transaction, there is a contact link available on the home page where you found the link to the community forum. On the lower right of the eCRATER home page is the link for CONTACT. Also, tigercreekgifts gave you the email link earlier in this topic. I would suggest you return to the eCRATER Marketplace home page http://www.ecrater.com/ and send them a message via the CONTACT link. After giving your name and email address, you will be asked to select a category for your contact. The first choice is "Ask About My Order".

As other sellers have stated, you should have received an email from eCRATER that confirmed your order. It is sent to the email you gave when you placed your order. It is not sent until after eCRATER receives confirmation from PayPal that your payment was received. I have been told that this usually takes up to 15 minutes, but sometimes PayPal is slow in sending the confirmation. After the confirmation is received there can be a delay before the email is received by your email provider. I've seen it take up to several hours before my email provider receives emails that I know were sent. If you did not give a valid email OR if you mistyped your email address when you placed your order, there would be no way to send you an email because buyers do not have accounts on eCRATER. Also, the email that comes from eCRATER is from "noreply@ecrater.com" and some spam systems place such email in the spam folder or simply do not deliver the email. The email you received from PayPal would have been sent to the email you either have on file with PayPal or entered on the PayPal screen when you paid for your order. The order you placed is a transaction between you and the seller, however, eCRATER is able to see the details of the order and may be able to offer some help in contacting the seller.

It is possible that the seller has not had time to even see your order. Some seller's are part-time and only check their email after their regular work day. Also, some seller's assume you received an email from PayPal and eCRATER and may have already posted your item.

I'm sorry you are having a problem, but you really need to contact eCRATER rather than posting in the community forum. We have no access to your information and are in no position to offer assistance other than explaining how eCRATER works. I do hope your transaction turns out well. We have many seller's on eCRATER who have operated their stores for years in a professional manner with very high positive feedback. I do hope you checked the feedback of the seller prior to making your purchase and read the information they provided about their store, their terms, their contact and maybe the answers to their FAQs. In the future, I hope you will check with one of our many professional sellers when seeking an item to purchase.
bwlms

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtMemoryLane, just to be clear I was not attacking anyone. I only ask for help as to what I need to do.

I think you are the one on attack here.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so if you did get an email confirming what was ordered and another one comfirming the payment was deducted then the order went through okay. In this case, it sounds like the sellers just didn't bother to send their own personal email to you. As I stated before, I always send an email on top of the ones ecrater sends because I want my customers to feel safe by giving them details of what's happening, but as I mentioned before on other marketplaces like ebay for example, if the seller even contacts the buyer just to say thank you, it counts as a warning against that seller.

Ebay doesn't even read what the seller wrote but they believe that if the seller has to contact the buyer at all, it's because there must have been a problem. Other marketplaces have sellers afraid to even speak to their customers, afraid it will hurt their positive feedback rankings so when those sellers come to ecrater where we are expected to email our customers, many of the sellers just aren't aware of that yet, they really are just afraid to send emails. That may be what's happening. I have ordered from ecrater sellers many times. Some will send their own emails, some none at all, and some only email when the order ships. But if you feel afraid you can always contact ecrater, give it a few days to make sure your order arrives and if it does, I would just remember their store name and not buy from them again.

Elpereles, Sorry but I do feel that your comment was kind of harsh. This section of the forum is not for sellers only. You do have to create am account to log in, but it is visible to everyone. Obviously this is a customer that came here seeking possible solutions from other honest sellers before resorting to contacting ecrater directly. But do keep in mind, each seller operates his/her store independently. We are just using ecrater's store builder to sell our products, but ecrater does have rules we must follow so if you feel you have been violated or treated unfairly by a seller you can email ecrater any time. They want to know when someone is not following the rules so they can revoke that person's selling privelages.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
It is possible that the seller has not had time to even see your order. Some seller's are part-time and only check their email after their regular work day.

This is also true. I'm a full time seller and my regular day job allows me to work from home so I am always at my computer either doing tech support or selling online and I have email alerts set up to play a ring tone on my ipad when I get an email, but even then sometimes my email provider will take longer than usual to deliver emails to my inbox. Usually I respond right away when I get an order but on occasion I will get an order at 2:30 but my email provider did not send me the email to let me know until 3:15. I think that happens when they have too many people sending emails at the same time, it causes a delay in sending times.

So it could be that the seller is not home from work yet or Yahoo, Aol, etc. just has not delivered the email on time. There have been rare occasions when yahoo had such extreme delays, I did not get an email letting me know I had an order until 4 hours later. So there are many possible reasons for not receiving a response from the seller.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts, I understand my comments are harsh. But as I said before. It isn't the 1rst time, I saw and read this type of topics. A topic just focus to make some noise, but avoiding to tell details. In my opinion, something isn't right.

I'm not here to defend/attack sellers or buyers. I don't have problems to welcome any buyer in the forum. But if somebody came in front and made something public like accuse a seller. Lets tell some details. And be ready to see other opinions different from you. Unless you are here to create a "fan" base or expecting a "yes man" support group. I don't see the problem to tell the details.

We saw other topic in the past week. A buyer appeared in the forum accusing everybody. Then the buyer share some more details. Surprise! It looks like both buyer and seller were doing strange business. The results, the seller was suspended and buyer stopped accusing everybody. Wink

Quote:
AtMemoryLane, just to be clear I was not attacking anyone. I only ask for help as to what I need to do.

I think you are the one on attack here.

Everybody. Do you see the focus to create this topic? Rolling Eyes
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So it could be that the seller is not home from work yet or Yahoo, Aol, etc. just has not delivered the email on time. There have been rare occasions when yahoo had such extreme delays, I did not get an email letting me know I had an order until 4 hours later. So there are many possible reasons for not receiving a response from the seller.

The 4 hours is fast. I had e-mails orders reflecting near 24 hours later. Wink
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: 1st time buyer Order not showing. Reply with quote

bwlms wrote:
I try to view my cart and nothing is there. I am not understanding why it is not showing my purchase.

I place an order that has yet to be verified buy the seller. I have received no receipt from the seller or shipment notice.

The transaction is showing the funds were transferred to the seller.

When did you make this purchase?
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elpereles, I understand about that buyer that was accusing everyone. He had tracking information that showed his order was on the way and was most likely stuck in customs since it was an international order and he still accused the seller of theft when he had proof the order was on its way.

I was just trying to help a customer that the original seller may have no intentions of helping, we are not sure what's going on, we don't know who the seller is. If we knew, maybe one of us might know if that seller is reputable or not? Maybe it's someone we've spoken to before or bought from personally, but I too would've kept the store name private so as not to detour future buyers away from that store in case it was just a mix up with email or something.

But we weren't given a lot of details about what happened, so this may not be a situation of someone being too impatient to wait to receive the emails. We don't know, the buyer may have contacted the seller to ask about order status and the seller still did not send an email back. I was just trying to be helpful without prying or asking the buyer too many questions. But if this is their first time ordering from a store on ecrater, not getting an order update from a store you never bought from before would make anyone nervous.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: