eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can Unfair Negative Feedback Be Removed?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RecordsForSale

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Can Unfair Negative Feedback Be Removed? Reply with quote

I made a sale to a fellow in the U.K. He received the item and is satisfied with the transaction however his country made him pay a $28.00 duties tax on the item. This made him mad and he left me a negative as result.
I think this is totally unfair for him to do to me. He's venting on me and I have nothing to do with his countries fees.
I would like this feedback removed completely. I don't need to have it turned to a positive or a neutral. I just want it gone completely. How can I get this done?
Thanks for your help
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have to present your case to the eCrater team, via the Contact form on the eCrater front page. Look for the link at the bottom. It may be important if the customer purchased from your US store front, or from the UK store front. UK product pages have a mention about VAT, but the US pages do not.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, contact eCrater staff about the issue in the following link:

http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php

cosmicray, I believe isn't important where the buyer found the item. As far I saw the seller has display in his location "USA". Any VAT or Customs fees are responsibility of the buyer.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually they aren't actually giving YOU a negative, they are giving the UK a negative. Anyone that looks at that comment, might take a moment to consider whether they will be liable for duties and taxes as well if they are in the UK. Not saying it is nice to get a negative, but it is a warning. Doesn't say that YOU did anything wrong.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it will still weight his feedback score. Since it isn't the seller's fault he should ask it be changed to a neutral.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, but at the same time it wasn't like one of those negatives where they call the seller a lousy, lying _____________________ fill in the blanks!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
Yeah, contact eCrater staff about the issue in the following link:

http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php

cosmicray, I believe isn't important where the buyer found the item. As far I saw the seller has display in his location "USA". Any VAT or Customs fees are responsibility of the buyer.

Well, if they came in thru a UK page, it does display both with and without VAT prices. The US page only shows without sales tax. It may have led to the confusion.
RecordsForSale

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie is right and it concerns me that it weighs against my feedback having an undeserved negative. Many buyers don't bother reading the comment, they just see the negative. If I deserved it I would take it and go on, but this negative is totally out of line by someone who should be angry at his own government policies. My home page states that International buyers are responsible for duties.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Records,
Like you said. Buyers won't bother to read the comment as to why the negative was left, all they will see in the big picture is that you have a negative. But in the same respect, if they won't even read why you have a negative then they won't bother to read your description that says buyer is responsible for VAT fees. So either way, I would go to the ecrater.com home page, click on contact, and fill out the form. Tell them what happened, as soon as they see the negative is not your fault which is obvious by what the buyer wrote, they will remove it or change to neutral which will also not affect your score and bring it back up to 100%.

And obviously the buyer didn't read. On the email they get from ecrater with a link for them to leave feedback it says plain as day, to rate the merchant only, not how easy it was to use the site and vat fees fall under, not the merchant.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the sad thing, if someone reads the description, then they probably read the feedback comments. If they don't read the descriptions then they probably won't read feedback comments as well. I remember years ago talking with some friends who had made purchases on Amazon or ebay, can't remember which one, and I mentioned something about feedback and they had no clue what I was talking about. So that is another group of buyers altogether, the ones that don't even see the feedback, although I am sure that this group is way smaller than it used to be when internet buying was new to most of us.

I'm positive that some have no clue about feedback, especially when buying something on Amazon where all of the same items are bunched together. You see some sellers with horrible feedback and lots of sales and then others with terrific feedback and barely a sale. I suspect those are the ones going by price exclusively.

Ecrater has always been good about getting rid of feedback that is unwarranted.

"Those that don't read are no better off than those that can't read."
RecordsForSale

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tracy for removing that un-deserved negative for me.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it removed.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RecordsForSale wrote:
Thanks Tracy for removing that un-deserved negative for me.

Good for you! It's nice to know that ecrater will actually listen to their sellers in the event of an unfair feedback. Other sites just tell you to contact the buyer and work it out yourself.
RecordsForSale

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is refreshing when you ask for help and you get it without begging for days and days.
I've been selling here for several years now and I really like it here.
Far better atmosphere than ebay and good selling activity if you work your site.
Thanks again ecrater for helping me out.
Ed
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: