eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

hi im new here
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
varietyConnections

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: hi im new here Reply with quote

hi Im Walt just new here checking things out & trying to learn all aht to do & to start up ive sold on amazon & ebay before
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

Don't forget to mention whether or not the candles are included with your lanterns. Some buyers think they will get everything in the photo that they are looking at.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Walt, welcome to eCrater. Your store looks nice, just a couple of suggestions. The white products on a white background are just hard to see. They all have a picture with a colored background, maybe switch the order of pics around. You should also put your store name up where the windmill is now, that pictures stays visible no matter what page buyers are on, let them know the name of the store. I hope you have many sales!!

Last edited by SammysSupplies on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I hate using colored backgrounds, but for a white item it's necessary. White items on white backgrounds, just blend in and sometimes disappear all together if the photo is bright enough.

Welcome.
varietyConnections

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thank you both i will keep that in mind im no wher near ready to open i do have store on pause yea I dont have logo with name on it really just stuck that on there for now lol
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Walt!

It looks like you have been doing quite a bit of work on your store. Looks Great!

Good Luck and welcome to Ec.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the on hold thing, sorry.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@varietyConnections

Welcome to eCrater. Smile

I looked at one item at random ...
http://varietyconnections.ecrater.com/p/22425308/garden-grove-wood-bench#

If you can find one, a larger image would be to your advantage. The default image on that listing is 500x500. Having at least one dimension at 800+ gives you better placement.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

Re the listing for railroad lanterns. 2 are shown in the photo but you don't say in the listing if it is for 1 or 2 or what. If I were to click on that listing I would expect to get 2.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, with your photos, even if they are stock photos from a drop ship company, which is what yours look like, pull them up in a photo editing software and change the pixel size so at least one side is 800 px. Not doing this will put your items way back in the marketplace search results.

For example, most of my pics are at huge sizes well over 1,000 or 2,000 pixels on each side so I have no need to resize them but occasionally I list an item and use a photo I took with my old camera that had much smaller photo sizes that did have to be edited, and the photo ends up being 776 x 600 px or something close. I forget to go resize those photos because I'm so used to not having to resize with my new camera and by the time ecrater filters it and allows it to be visible in the marketplace by others, I check on that item and it's on the very last page in the marketplace category and if I do a manual search for it, it's the very last result on the last page unless someone has a photo even smaller than mine.
varietyConnections

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okok I am now trying to make bigger & better photos hope this helps I really have 4500 products total no way i be able to post all on here one at a time may o a top 100 or somthing
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more items you have, you are more likely be found. 100 products is just a drop int the bucket for internet sales. I know it is time consuming, I just got over 500 listed and seemed like it took a long time to get there. But, the more you list, the more you may sell.
varietyConnections

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that makes sence as i say I have 4500+ looks like only I can get all of them on here is one at a time!! may half to here a team
varietyConnections

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi I been here bout a week now any one notic any improvments or things I need work on? I am open now for orders --Walter
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

varietyConnections wrote:
hi I been here bout a week now any one notic any improvments or things I need work on? I am open now for orders --Walter

The only thing you might want to consider, is how the store view is being presented. You currently are using the old style view. Some people prefer that, some like the new style. It is changed in Admin -> Texts & Colors -> Color Templates. The old page presentation layouts are at the bottom, new ones at the top. This affects your store view, and not the marketplace view (which is all new style).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: