eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone have a Facebook page? Part 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Anyone have a Facebook page? Part 2 Reply with quote

I decided to start the thread new because it had 42 pages and was years old.

Continue here.

I have a FB page with a pseudonym name, but not a store. I would like to know how others use their FB page as a store to sell. Do you have a shopping cart? Are you charged?

Does anyone have instruction manual?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Facebook page? Part 2 Reply with quote

thewrightbiz wrote:
I decided to start the thread new because it had 42 pages and was years old.

Continue here.

I have a FB page with a pseudonym name, but not a store. I would like to know how others use their FB page as a store to sell. Do you have a shopping cart? Are you charged?

Does anyone have instruction manual?

Finally, it seems that there is a $9 per month charge for a retail site on FB?
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my page there is a call to action button and I have it set to SHOP NOW. It has a link which will take people right to my ecrater shop. Or I just post links to items in my shop which they can click on and that takes them to my shop. You don't have to pay anything to do that.
But I don't use my fb page as a shop, I use it as tool to talk about what I do. I post information about my niche which is knitting and crocheting.
momsretro

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Fan Page that has the same name as my shop, that's free. It's separate from your account with your "real name".
I use that shop name more like a brand, b/c it is also used for some of my art on the same topic.
I'll post products with a link to my store, but like lastade-designs I also post relevant links on cooking or retro art or collecting kitchen-y things.
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a few FB pages of EC members and honestly, I don't get it. There was no activity, no comments from friends and family. It was just a FB page that had their store information and a link to EC.

I looked for the LIKES and found maybe 2 on each page. Is it worth it to have a FB page that doesn't really aid you in selling?

I have yet to find someone whose FB page actually HELPED them sell stuff. If the page just sits there with no activity - why?
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewrightbiz wrote:

I have yet to find someone whose FB page actually HELPED them sell stuff. If the page just sits there with no activity - why?

I wonder the same thing, whether you use it as place to just showcase your products or use it as an informational tool promoting your niche.

I believe it is because most people don't realize how to use it to do either. A few years ago when we first started the original forum post topic "Do you have a facebook page" Facebook had just started allowing us to make a page for our business. Most of the original posters to that topic were enthusiastic, but only a handful of sellers continued to use their page to promote. The rest discontinued using it. Some people tried other ways to promote and some just don't bother to promote their businesses.

The objective of promoting your store is not just to get them to buy one thing, it is to keep them remembering you as the best store to find the things that they want and need. That is why I try to stress to people that they need more than just links to an item. You need to have an online personality. You want them to say "LaStade store - oh yeah, that is the person that knows a lot about knitting and crocheting, I know she must have the right pattern for my next project." You want the buyer to return again to your store. It helps to keep your name on their minds,especially if they are reading this or that on their page after they "like" your business page. Don't keep putting ads to products, write about the product and how good it is for them to get this product. Or write something clever about the product and tie it in to what is happening. You have to be creative.

The Ecrater Facebook page is a good example of how your business page should look. www.facebook.com/ecrater

Their last post refers to the "Fight of the Century" most people are talking about today. A Rockem Socem Robot game is featured with the post. This is an example of tying in today's news with the item.

Hope this helps everyone thinking of refurbishing their Facebook page. It helps promote your store name and products.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a FB page with a pseudonym name

The one thing that Facebook is founded upon is using your OWN name! Unless they have changed the rules, you are doing something that is against FB rules. Since you aren't using your own name, why try to get a store on FB to sell with since you apparently don't want people knowing who you are? With the first order if you got one, they will see where you live, etc.

I checked into FB for selling on years ago and they didn't have their shopping cart thing figured out yet. Now I'm just not that interested in FB so wouldn't bother.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question: When you join a Facebook group and decide to post something locally on a public board to sell that you're NOT selling in your store (too big, too expensive, time issues, etc.), what is the proper etiquette in that instance? Is it best to use your personal account or would you use that as an opportunity to (indirectly) advertise your business as well by posting to your custom business account?
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belong to a few local groups. I have not thought to post as my business name. That is a good idea. I just looked on mine and saw a local post for Rileys Iphonerepair. He was advertising his phone repair business. But if you were selling a sofa and you used your business name that is not a breach of ettiquette. You might have people who are not interested in the sofa but curious as to who you are, click on your name. It would take them to your business page then you might be able to pick up some local customers.
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
I belong to a few local groups. I have not thought to post as my business name. That is a good idea. I just looked on mine and saw a local post for Rileys Iphonerepair. He was advertising his phone repair business. But if you were selling a sofa and you used your business name that is not a breach of ettiquette. You might have people who are not interested in the sofa but curious as to who you are, click on your name. It would take them to your business page then you might be able to pick up some local customers.

What are the chances that someone will find your FB page -- exc your family and friends? There are billions of pages out there. It's probably better to put a YT video up promoting your shop than rely on FB.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a FB page it has a ripple effect. Your friends and family find your page and "like it" then their frineds and family find it and "like it" and it goes on from there. It is a good way to advertise your business. Making a you tube video is good but it may be seen once and people forget about it. Plus not everyone can make a video. A Facebook page is updated all the time with new info and if you are good at it, people become interested in what you will say next.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the confirmation. I was thinking it might work but wasn't sure. So...how the heck are you supposed to post on these groups? I don't see anywhere to a) post your wares. b) add an album of pics. and c) contact the admin. The Facebook learning curve is in full effect today. Sad
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have to join the local group before you can post something. Look for the join now button at the top of the page. My local group is called the "Bonifay Buy, Sell and Trade."
Once you have been accepted into the group, you can post pictures and tell about what you wish to sell just like any facebook post.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears they have it set up so you can't join with your business. Use the personal and those options reappear. Now the wait to be accepted.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I went to a few FB pages of EC members and honestly, I don't get it. There was no activity, no comments from friends and family. It was just a FB page that had their store information and a link to EC.

As far I read and saw in other forums. The FB page is good to make sales when you can technically relate yourself with your products and promotion. Very successful if you can run it like a "diary".

I made one of those "business" or whatever facebook call it. It has a lot of limitations compare to a personal page. For example I can't give "likes" to other members. Very ironic for the "business" idea because you want in some point interact with other members.

About updates. Believe me. As far I can tell. If you promote in 3 or more forums, a blog, Pinterest, etc. You don't care about the FB page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: