eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Good day Day everyone I am new here Hijabis4ever

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hijabis4ever

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Good day Day everyone I am new here Hijabis4ever Reply with quote

Bismilah (God Bless)
Asalaam Alikym (Blessings of God with you)

Hello to anyone and everyone that reads this. OMG, this is so difficult and or confusing. I thought I understood the Matrix weight so I spent like 30 minutes or more inputting the info for International orders, then I get to an indexing point where it says I can ship USA orders free. Yes this is what I put for the weight 0.0 so it will ship free and I clicked on it so I did a mock purchase and what do you think happened? .....USA address not free shipping. It included a shipping fee. Why? If I checked I want free shipping and in the matrix i put 0.0 how can I still receive a shipping charge?
Takes deep sigh, drops head, breathes in threw nose exit threw mouth. I have headache. I need help from anyone, someone who understands the words coming from my stress.
My store is Hijabis4ever and I thank you in advance if you are able to help me or not, just thank you for taking time out to try to answer my questions and give me a way to resolve this issue.
Many, many, many thanks and may you always stay blessed.
Ameen
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the Shipping & Handling system in eCrater isn't easy to understand. The eCrater Matrix is strange, needs time to understand it, and it can be use in different ways.

To use the Matrix.

1) Items must have Weight.
2) In the items, you must select Shipping-Weight Matrix.
3) You must decide how to use the Matrix. Decide which unit pound (lb), ounces (oz), or custom.
4) It is sit down and take some serious time doing test and error test. Until you get the results you are searching.
Hijabis4ever

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
I agree the Shipping & Handling system in eCrater isn't easy to understand. The eCrater Matrix is strange, needs time to understand it, and it can be use in different ways.

To use the Matrix.

1) Items must have Weight.
2) In the items, you must select Shipping-Weight Matrix.
3) You must decide how to use the Matrix. Decide which unit pound (lb), ounces (oz), or custom.
4) It is sit down and take some serious time doing test and error test. Until you get the results you are searching.

I feel like I am in a foreign Country where I don't speak the same language as the natives and I don't have the same human form as they do.
I did the whole matrix as you said and figured out how to do the weights. That took a long time. Then at the end it asked if I want to make USA orders ship free well yes I do. only it gives me shipping fees. So my thinking is until I figure out how to charge International orders and leave USA orders free I will just remove all shipping fees and ship only domestic. for the time being.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to ship every item in your store for free, in the shipping matrix rows for US mainland, AK & HI just put 0.00 in every column.

Just looked at your store and you still have the USPS calculated shipping option on. In your admin, go to Accounts -> Options -> and uncheck the box by "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead". As long as this is checked, it will be used no matter what you put on the item page or shipping matrix.

It is possible to use the USPS Calculated Shipping for just your international orders by only selecting international methods of shipping. Since no US shipping method is selected, then the checkout system will look to the shipping matrix which will have 0.00 in every column.
Hijabis4ever

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Thank you Sheila Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
If you want to ship every item in your store for free, in the shipping matrix rows for US mainland, AK & HI just put 0.00 in every column.

Just looked at your store and you still have the USPS calculated shipping option on. In your admin, go to Accounts -> Options -> and uncheck the box by "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead". As long as this is checked, it will be used no matter what you put on the item page or shipping matrix.

It is possible to use the USPS Calculated Shipping for just your international orders by only selecting international methods of shipping. Since no US shipping method is selected, then the checkout system will look to the shipping matrix which will have 0.00 in every column.

Thank you SheilaDeesPostcards.
Your very precise instructions were awesome. I got so stressed I stopped making sense to myself so your instruction was perfect.
Thank you so very much.
Wipes forehead and smiles. Once again life is good.

Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me several thinking about the matrix before the light turned on and then it all seemed so simple!

Looks like you figured it out since Hijabis that you have listed come up with free shipping in the US.

Quote:
The risk of loss and title for all merchandise ordered on this website passes to the buyer when the merchandise is handed over to the shipping carrier. Once the Post Office scans the parcel as proof they have received it we can not be held responsible if the Post Office fails to deliver the package.

I hate to say this, but you are responsible for the item getting to the ultimate buyer as part of Federal mail order marketing rules.

I suppose that the ladies/girls that would be buying your products would know the differences between them, but it might be of interest to explain more about them, how they are worn, and for what occasion and what makes one different from he other? I know I would be interested in reading more about them. I would think a newly converted Muslim female might need to know as well.
Hijabis4ever

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Hello MoonWishesStore Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Took me several thinking about the matrix before the light turned on and then it all seemed so simple!

Looks like you figured it out since Hijabis that you have listed come up with free shipping in the US.

Quote:
The risk of loss and title for all merchandise ordered on this website passes to the buyer when the merchandise is handed over to the shipping carrier. Once the Post Office scans the parcel as proof they have received it we can not be held responsible if the Post Office fails to deliver the package.

I hate to say this, but you are responsible for the item getting to the ultimate buyer as part of Federal mail order marketing rules.

I suppose that the ladies/girls that would be buying your products would know the differences between them, but it might be of interest to explain more about them, how they are worn, and for what occasion and what makes one different from he other? I know I would be interested in reading more about them. I would think a newly converted Muslim female might need to know as well.

Hello MoonWishesStore

Thank you for taking time to review my posting. Insha'Allah in the next days I will take time to post more. I just get so busy and this list one at a time gets so tedious.

I shipped a lot from other sites and many times the buyer said item was not received and I complain to the Post Office. This is what I was told. When shipping domestic the only shipment that is guaranteed to be delivered are the Priority Guarantee Delivery Overnight Express. All other forms of shipping may or may not be delivered and the Post is not responsible to deliver them so you need to pay for insurance.
Now, the new shipping insurance they have comes with a disclaimer, it is a third party not connected to the United States Post Office, you can purchase insurance with them however, if you should need to file a claim they are not liable to payout your claim.
So the way I figure it is, if I drop it off at the Post and someone picks it up and walks out with it I can't prove I ever tried to ship it so I guess I would be liable. If I stand in line, get scanned then the Post needs to be responsible on some level and I figure if I had to take it to the Supreme Court at least with that scan I would have some leverage.
Now I have had 2 cases where I won and I lost. I had one lady purchase a very expensive solid piece of Brass I had shipped from Morocco and she claimed she only received the bottom half and was shipping it back to me. Meantime her credit card company took the money and charged it back to her, the Post Office said she never filed a claim with them that the box was damaged and her order was not complete so as far as they are concerned she is a satisfied customer. To add insult to injury she never returned the part she claims she received. Just to explain I purchased 3 boxes and packed her Tass just like a Russian Doll Set. If I believed her that would mean someone who works at the Post Office took the time to cut open 2 rolls of tape, 3 boxes and then cut thru another roll of tape and a roll of bubble wrap to steal the less expensive part of the order. Kind of sort rewrap it and let the mailman deliver it to her. I was able to locate the exact Post Office that delivers to her home and they are in a very small town where her mailman remembers her because the package was so tall and had zebra stripe duck tape on it and said he made a joke to himself I wonder if there is a real zebra in here. Well he said the box was in perfect shape when he dropped it off. He didn't see damage. The buyer never returned the portion that she agreed to return. I retrieved her phone number called her and basically she cussed me out and hung up the phone.
My second instance where an item I dropped off without scanning was an area rug and the Post was great about tracking it down. It sat somewhere for 2 weeks. I called the Post and the General Post Master and it took him less than an hour to find it. He said next time make sure they scan it so they wont be inclined to drop the ball like that.
Now addressing how the hijab is worn, I will check my description. Since I am used on wearing them it is possible I didn't put a step by step instruction.

Thank you Moon
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are ALL aware that the PO doesn't guarantee any regular mail will get through, but that unfortunately doesn't release us from our responsibility under federal law. One thing that does help is using Delivery confirmation/tracking. And be sure your item is scanned of course. Stand there and make them do it if needed. thankfully I can leave them in my outgoing mail box and they still scan them, but then I have a very well run PO.

I use endicia for my postage and can buy insurance through them for cheaper than the PO and they do pay off when needed.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: