eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

The Advertising Matrix Explained
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: The Advertising Matrix Explained Reply with quote

Can you guys explain to us the advertising matrix that Ecrater is having. The question is what exactly does each plan exactly include, except "more exposure".

Ok this is what it says in options :

Select Google/Bing/Yahoo advertising level

If you need to get more sales, you can increase your advertising level. The higher the level, the more we will spend for advertising in search engines for your products. Higher level of advertising comes with higher marketplace cost. Please note that this higher rates will apply only for orders coming from our search engine paid campaigns. If you get an order directly from our marketplace, our base rate of 2.9% will continue to apply.

The advertising matrix.
-Default 2.9%
-Medium 5.9%
-High 8.9%
-Extra High 12.9%

We already now Ecrater classifies this as the marketplace and each level regardless gives you exposure to Google, Bing and Yahoo.

FACT : We already know for the DEFAULT rate, you should be already on Google Shopping, Bing and Yahoo.

The question is the more you pay the more your advertisement or cost per click. Should be referring it to the "daily budget" as Google refers to.

So regardless of what you choose your still being exposed to Google Shopping, Bing Shopping and Yahoo Shopping, or Google Shopping and just Bing and Yahoo oraganic searches?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Preliminary Findings Reply with quote

Just roughly doing some searches, we are at the default level

Couldnt find anything listed on Bing and Yahoo (yahoo shopping). We plugged in one our first products and came up with nothing. Both typing our store name, or a product with the words "Ecrater" next to it. Bing and Yahoo produced no search results at the default rate.

We saw alot of products on Yahoo Shopping of the same search from the Amazon Marketplace and some large retailers, like Home Depot. No searches of anything came up on Yahoo Shopping, not even Ecrater.com nor any stores. The only thing Yahoo produced was a chinese store from the UK side in the organic search results (when we typed in the part number from one of our first products)

Bing : (however they integrated their shopping service) couldnt find anything whatsoever. just alot of organic searches. there's no menu like google to display the shopping results.

So far Google seems the only advertisement that is being done, Yahoo Shopping and Bing Shopping seem to only pull up organic searches. This is our basic findings by just going to the websites and stating what we know arleady. So if anyone could clearify these findings it would be appriciated.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess you should ask staff these questions. We are just sellers like you.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you signed up for for one of the rates, you will be at the 'default' rate and not having as much visibility as someone that signed up for for the higher rates.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@universalcomputers

The precise answer has not been provided, at the level of detail you (and others) want. The general answer, based on my own observations, goes something like this ...

eCrater is placing bids, for sponsored ads. Those bids are likely being placed via an ad network, but this has not been confirmed. What percentage level (Low, Medium, High, Extra-High) determines how much eCrater is bidding for your ad to appear. How much other selling sites bid, may cause your ad to appear, or not to appear. I suspect that the space for a sponsored ad are limited, and only so many bidders win.

Because eCrater is billing you on a percentage level for those items which actually sell, there are likely going to be many many more sponsored ad imprints (or wins) than orders which actually occur. There will also be more click-thru views, than actual orders. To date, I have not been able to see which sessions on Google Analytics correspond to those click-thru views.

You are not paying directly for the sponsored ads. You are paying a percentage of your sales, some of which goes to pay for those bids. There is no exact correlation between who is paying the fees, and who is picking which percentage level. There might actually be people selecting 12.9%, but getting no sales, because they have not listed something that a buyer is interested in buying.

ETA: also note that there may be a lag, after you pick a rate, before it has an effect. There may also be a lag between when you change a listing title, and when it kicks in. It feels like there is a feed of sorts between eCrater and the ad network. Changes are not immediately reflected in the sponsored ads.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one thing you have to love about this place is the sellers, they are instant to respond. Thanks guys.

We think its a "Budget" like Google has Adwords setup. The more you pay the more exposure you get. In adwords you set your daily rate on how much you want to spend per day.

Just now we saw our Google search results, it went from 16 pages of listings to 6 pages and now back to 16 pages. The login says we have 410 published and yesterday we had 350. We know it takes 2 days, but well see then.

what would be nice is to have a landing page in the order invoice of where exactly the sale came from, such as a URL of where the buyer clicked to come into the store and buy something. Not analytics but the actual sales. Its possible beause we've seen it before.

The only way we are going to get this answered one way or another, is having sellers reply back to this section who have higher than the default standard rate.

We looked over at powersellersunite, and some of them dont even know either. The only way like we said, is to just have other sellers come onto this page and have them explain their results.

Sales at the default rate are pretty steady, so we're not complaining since we had no sales for 6 weeks straight in the beginning.[/b]
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we don't get the urls, we do get shown on our order page where the sales came from and that is more than I have seen in any other forum. I love seeing Direct and Other orders since those are MY work bringing me sales Very Happy
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this "pay for more exposure" gambit a few years too late? The number of ads on the internet is astronomical now.

Last edited by school-yearbooks on Thu May 14, 2015 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SchoolYear,
That's funny. I have been in Pilot and Flying J truck stops that have ads inside the bathroom stalls. I thought really? If someone is sitting on the John doing their business the last thing on their mind is that they can get 2 Snickers bars for $2.22.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So bassically no one knows exactly how this works.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like religion, there's some blind faith involved.

A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got to be wrong about being found on bing, I will go try a few. it used to show waaaaaay more than google for my stuff.
regular search

I typed

"hotwheels red line open fire"

I was the 3rd link down. 6 links down was the category.

harder one
typed in
"Legendary Wings, Nintendo NES"
3rd page 5th link.

and that wasn't even all the keywords, a lot of NES out there, or typing in "ecrater" or my store name, or link. bing kicks arse !!
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad only 6% of users use Bing as their primary search engine

Primary Search Engine
On the question of which search engine respondents considered to be their primary search engine, Google was the big winner:

Google – 80%
Yahoo – 8%
Bing – 6%

A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

school-yearbooks wrote:

Primary Search Engine
On the question of which search engine respondents considered to be their primary search engine, Google was the big winner:

Google – 80%
Yahoo – 8%
Bing – 6%

The place that don't let you find things, lolzzzzzzz you would think bing would be about 20% by now and duckduckgo maybe 10%
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

school-yearbooks wrote:

Primary Search Engine

Google – 80%
Yahoo – 8%
Bing – 6%

And what is the source and age of this survey?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: