eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

The Advertising Matrix Explained
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://searchengineland.com/whos-really-winning-search-war-204651

It's a little dated so Google may have bigger numbers now

View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some truth to what he is saying. Thats why companies get greedy and start charging. They see demand then say how can we capitalize on it.

No one goes company that does search comparision goes to Bing anymore because their CPC rates are a joke. They followed the same model that most of the other CPC rip off company's use. So everyone that needed shopping exposure went to Google because they are the cheapest in town.

Bing now charges anywhere from 25 cents to 1.50 for every single click, and thats regardless of whether or not a product sells. So we doubt the percentages has anything to do with exposure to Bing, beause if you have a $10 item and your paying 5%, the CPC rate could be 75 cents for your item and then you only have to pay 50 cents to Ecrater, they'd loose money on the deal.

Since everything is based on amount of clicks you get and the budget, we're going to conclude (based on whatever we've been discussing) that the rates depend on the budget of Google Shopping. We think the higher the percentage the better ranking you get on Google.

Theory: the bigger the advertisement rate you place on your account, the better exposure you get on Google.com when someone types in the product they are looking for. It has nothing to do with www.google.com/shopping. We think it has something to do with a buyer going to www.google.com typing in the product and then seeing your item on the "sponsored links" section on the right side of your search results. And again having nothing to do with Google Shopping themselves.

Remember, Google Shopping was one side of the coin and Adwords was completely different. Google combined the 2 but kept the concepts of what they were when they operated differently the same.

But again, we're theorizing and taking shots in the dark because no one really knows what the rates include or what they entail. So based on percentages, based on the pricing for CPC rates on Bing and Yahoo, and based on the Adwords vs. Google Shopping, we think thats what the advertisement percentages mean.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are waiting for the new fee structure results of individual EC sellers. Many, maybe most, sellers keep detailed records of their EC sales and we shall see if the new selling fees are worth the price in a few short months. It's kind of exciting. lol

universalcomputers

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we need a bunch of sellers which advertised on the different levels to make some sort of indication. Also the URL of where the purchase came from. Did the purchase originate from a click off Bing, Yahoo, or Google.

Another factor, which could impeed results, is the product itself. If the product is in demand, then the fee structure isnt telling us anything, because it could all come from google shopping or part of it.

So unless there's some sort of redirect from the landing page, that tells the seller, that particular purchase from from a bing advertisement (not an organic search result), its still going to be up in the air.

Who knows, it could be what we've been saying, that the search results are based on a Adwords and nothing else. We dont see anything from Bing when we typed in Ecrater, or online store name, or some other people.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@universalcomputers

When you are logged into Analytics, go to Content and Page Views. Then refine by searching for GPS=1. That will (in theory) show you Google Shopping traffic. Similarly, BS=1 will show Bing Shopping. As for the sponsored ads, I have yet to find a way to pick them out.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we're familiar with analytics but dont use it. Google has enough things out there to try to spy on everyone on this planet.

Its going to go down to the old saying, doesnt matter were you advertise, the only thing that makes sales, is products that are in demand and people are looking for. So far, Google Shopping at the lowest rate is bringing in a decent amount of sales on here.

The only problem we have is the bulk update of pricing. Its a pain to update pricing on here once its listed. Its going to hurt sellers that have a product line that prices fluctuate on a weekly basis.

Regardless a sale is a sale. Its just funny that no one seller knows exactly what the matrix does, we still think its a budget for Adwords. There's nothing on Bing, there's nothing on Yahoo shopping channels, so its organic searches - thats what we are leaning towards.

Seeing how bing and yahoo are fixed priced rates on cpc's, Adwords isnt is more on the amount you want to budget each day. It falls more into line to the percentages of the matrix. Bring charges 50 cents per cpc, and if someone has a $5 product and has the 5% matrix, eCrater would be loosing 40 cents on the sale, that doesnt make any sense so its got to be adwords. Because they know how much they budget each day for G.Shopping, that percentage is another "fixed" daily expense to ECrater.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Its just funny that no one seller knows exactly what the matrix does,

Since this thread started I have wondered about the name of it. I would hesitate very much to call it a 'matrix' since The Matrix that is generally spoken of here is the shipping Matrix which doesn't have anything to do with with paying fees for promoting our inventory. Those of us using the Matrix, knows what it does and why we use it. As to those final fees, I'm tracking them and will make a decision eventually when I have enough stats to decide if I need to change things or drop them back to 'normal'. I suspect that ecrater can pay fees at prices we generally don't see for ads.

Quote:
The only problem we have is the bulk update of pricing. Its a pain to update pricing on here once its listed. Its going to hurt sellers that have a product line that prices fluctuate on a weekly basis.

When I list my items, I take their cost into account when listing them and so have no need to change prices on a weekly basis. I'm curious about why your items need to be repriced so frequently? Many of your items are below $20 so why the need to keep tweaking? If I sell out of a product quickly and can get more, then upon relisting I may hike the price but it certainly isn't routine. Just curious as to how much and why you feel the need to be able to do this weekly. If you are changing prices by a nickle or less, it seems sort of pointless and is taking you away from the more important task of listing new items which would drives more sales than a small price change.
kathys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting . . . that darned Google Shopping Farce

I just searched for my product "ecrater: used animal figurines"

AND NOTHING

Google keeps showing brand new mass produced items.

For me, I have to search for titles of my items in web search and sometimes they come up.

Who knows, I got 2 sales this weekend after about 5 months of nothing.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy, on your orders page where did your sales come from? Did they come from Pinterest? I pinned one of your figurines on the Pinterest Ecrater board Antiques & Collectibles. It would be great to see if the pinning is working and maybe brought customers to your store.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th one down on duckduckgo.

"ecrater used animal figurines"

4th link down, on Bing also.

1st 9 links on google.

Google shopping looking poor.

At the bottom ad
eBay has 937,770 followers on Google+
Selling Assistant-
Today’s Top Deals-
eBay Motors"

THAT is the ad at the first page of google "shopping" at the bottom.
WHY in the hell does ecrater put up with that !!!!!!!!!!!

"ecrater on ebay" really ? sue the pan'ts off someone ecrater ! sheesh.

Your name, but redirected to the devil.

the link
http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=CSEMrRPN4Vce3FoXzpAOR1oCoCP7mjMMEvtOSrJgB9-HntRQIAxABIN7Nzx4oA2DJhoCAkKTQEcgBAaoEJE_QY450bIwb1KrYcWe0ZHEmM1OUIaWjI0T9Gx_Px40Wus0hsIAHnvWvApAHA6gHpr4bqAeTwhuoB5TCG9gHAQ&sig=AOD64_12AdZGsm96-vb6hG7SGe2PPabQ8Q&clui=0&rct=j&frm=1&q=&ved=0CLkDENEMahUKEwiL29XvzIbGAhVRBpIKHbjDADw&adurl=http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-42620-2056-0/2%3Fmpre%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fsch%252Fi.html%253F_nkw%253Decrater%26keyword%3Decrater%26crlp%3D40817817918_2416792%26MT_ID%3D71%26geo_id%3D10232%26adpos%3D1o1%26device%3Dc

Last edited by A-Better-Way on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
kathys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support. I was talking about Google SHOPPING. I saw two ecrater stores listed in the Google SHOPPING link/tab.

Google WEB Search I can find my stuff if I use almost all my keywords.

I was basically venting that Google SHOPPING tab/link is mostly large companies.

Thank you!!

Smile
kathys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ebay's search response:

Follow this search

Did you mean: crater? (6,706 items)

Most of my sales come from marketplace, direct, and a couple google.
NONE from Pinterest yet.

And thank you for the PIN!!!!!

Very Happy
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I could hardly tell ecrater was on shopping, (I didn't see your type of pictures you take).

NOTE, I looked at the same shopping (two browsers one in back, I did not click another search)

correction
There is 8 "ecrater" ones there.

but that ad below T's me off.

I think people are not buying right now, pretty sure.

Last edited by A-Better-Way on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
kathys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG - eBay bought the eCrater name and is redirecting to eBay home page???

I just tried it! Ecrater keyword goes to ebay in the adwords ad.

Evil or Very Mad
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kathys

Always keep in mind that your recent browsing history is used to determine what search results are presented to you, in the context of your search terms.

Having said that, I took your example a spin. Using Bing, I searched for eCrater. This is what I found ...

Notice that there is nothing in that result that gives you any clue where it will land. The www.Ecrater.com (first result) is not click-able.

That was a strangely worded advert, so I clicked to see where it went ...

The problem, if there is one, is that all the various other venues are trying every which way they can to distract potential buyers, while pumping up their own venues. Shopify has way too much money to spend, so they are using it to troll eCrater buyers (or sellers). Telling, isn't it ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: