eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

Is Ecrater Mobile enabled?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
thewrightbiz



Posts: 1052

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Is Ecrater Mobile enabled? Reply with quote

I have a website and as I was doing the editing there is a new feature where I can "enable" for mobile devices.
Which made me think -- are these etailers like Ecrater enabled for mobile devices?
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
PrimroseCafe



Posts: 591

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCRATER (New Color Templates) looks really good on Kindle and Samsung Galaxy.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts



Posts: 6293

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and I checked several website ranking sites and they all say ecrater has a top ranking score for being mobile friendly. Apparently people love that ecrater's mobile site still displays like the normal desktop site but they can zoom in and out with their fingers. I love that the ecrater site is displayed in mobile just like the desktop. Most websites when viewed on an ipad or cell phone are displayed in a very unfriendly, simple layout, where most of the features that can be seen on a desktop are not displayed on the mobile version and not all of them allow you to click a button that says "show desktop version instead". I cannot stand those compressed looking feature lacking mobile sites that won't let me switch to desktop view, when I click on a site like that from my ipad, I leave and go elsewhere to shop. And ecrater is not like that, the site is exactly the same on mobile devices.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
PrimroseCafe



Posts: 591

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
And ecrater is not like that, the site is exactly the same on mobile devices.

Once again a BIG THANKS to the eCRATER team because it looks like more than 50% of our sales are from "mobile" and with a higher "bounce rate" than PC.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
DoYouReadMe



Posts: 123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread. It's a fresh old problem as far as I can see. We lose a huge demographic of potential buyers to their sole use of mobile devices.

Paying attention to analytics, I notice that mobile traffic on eCrater has been decreasing over time and remembered that I almost never visit eCrater shopping from my tablet or phone, because there's basically nothing to see. I can't remember if there ever was much to see on mobile, but I notice that even taking the time to click categories and digging into categories on mobile to get to the pages where you actually see some products there will be only 1 page of those products. sort by price, you still get only 1 page worth.

Only 1 page per category of our stores or per the entire main site categories can be seen using a mobile device. NO BUENO.
Has it always been this way?
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way



Posts: 3126

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"show desktop version instead"

Evil or Very Mad

Why can't they do that for the desktop (all sites) and the stupid phone people have "view mobile version" instead.

THAT is the way it should be. makes me so angry the "computer" is the standard, not mobile junk. !!!
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
DoYouReadMe



Posts: 123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:
"show desktop version instead"

Evil or Very Mad

Why can't they do that for the desktop (all sites) and the stupid phone people have "view mobile version" instead.

THAT is the way it should be. makes me so angry the "computer" is the standard, not mobile junk. !!!


Yes, but who are we to dictate the real trend of our younger generation to not own anything more than their mobile devices to access the internet? The rich and vibrant desktop experience is miles above anything on a mobile device, but the trending statistics show that mobile is dominant in the hands of millions of people, while pc's are fading in many households.

My husband never uses the desktop. Drives me nuts when he starts asking me stuff about the limited functionality of something on one of his devices or apps. Dear, It's a freaking half-assed experience, why don't you Google how to fix that, and it will probably say "use your PC"...

I see this conundrum on many selling sites...optimizing for mobile is nothing to scoff at, I want more eyeballs on all pages of my store.
I personally want full desktop site functionality for every site I visit, though. I don't understand the demand for apps either.

*****edited to add*****
I swear I looked for the link to go to desktop site viewing but didn't notice there was a link... DUH.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs



Posts: 2073

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to realize that kids today are tethered to their phones and canĀ“t function without them. You can get up and walk away from a computer but most the time we (not only kids) are carrying our phones. It is due to this convenience of having them close at hand so to speak that shopping by phone is increasing. You can shop from anywhere, anyplace and anytime with your phone.
So I hope these kids can find and view our site here at Ecrater ok. I work on my admin page all the time through my phone. It is a great tool for this granny, lol.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards



Posts: 3876

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoYouReadMe wrote:
I know this is an old thread. It's a fresh old problem as far as I can see. We lose a huge demographic of potential buyers to their sole use of mobile devices.

Paying attention to analytics, I notice that mobile traffic on eCrater has been decreasing over time and remembered that I almost never visit eCrater shopping from my tablet or phone, because there's basically nothing to see. I can't remember if there ever was much to see on mobile, but I notice that even taking the time to click categories and digging into categories on mobile to get to the pages where you actually see some products there will be only 1 page of those products. sort by price, you still get only 1 page worth.

Only 1 page per category of our stores or per the entire main site categories can be seen using a mobile device. NO BUENO.
Has it always been this way?

You got me curious to see what's happening with my stores since I hadn't checked Google Analytics recently. Over the last 90 days, the ratio of desktop users vs. mobile/tablet users has held steady. The number of visitors using a desktop in my TreasureFinds store and in my Bookstore was 45% to 50%. I was surprised by the number of mobile users searching my bookstore. My Postcards store and my SewVintage shops were still holding at slightly over 70% desktop users. I assume either they want to see a larger view and/or they are older. Laughing

I have access to the internet from 2 phones. One phone is limited and not much better than the analog flip phones and the other is a Samsung Galaxy 5. Both gave an acceptable view of both the eCrater Marketplace and our eCrater stores. I took a look at your store and had no problems. Your 4 global categories are showing on your home page with arrows on the right to go to each of the global categories. If you click on the name of the category on the home page, it expands to show all subcategories with arrows to the right to see your products. If you don't see the arrows, I'd suggest you contact eCRATER and give them the details of your phone. You might also check your store from your husband's phone to see if there is a difference. I would say you biggest problem is having no products in your first 2 global categories. I would suggest you make a list of your current category structure, then delete all categories that have 0 product. That way, when a visitor comes to your site they would see product no matter which arrow they clicked.

I so agree with lastade! My two "kids" (30s & 40s) both have desktops. His is a "souped" up gaming desktop and hers is a larger laptop. They both spend their surfing time on their phones, but switch to their desktops if they need an expanded view. We have to remember that we have potential buyers who have no memory of a time before cell phones and the internet. If they are 20 today, they were 5 years old in 2003. We also have to remember everyone hasn't had the same experiences. It was interesting that lastade, who teaches Spanish, answered your question. I had to do a translation search to read all of your comment. Laughing
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way



Posts: 3126

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering I started out with a 14.4 modem, I assume everyone knows life before that, with no internet.

So ya, my view of cell phones, I have no mobile devices at all, however I have been into new electronic stuff long before the rest of the people, weirdest thing is, I have no desire for a cell phone other than having it for in the car, and even then I could walk to a store and call if I had to.

My old Mom was in the hospital a year back, she was in the bed, I walked in and my two OLDER brother and sister were both in the room staring at their stupid phones.

I also disable WiFi on our modem.

So I am biased. spending all this money for a killer computer, and seeing those NON computers everyone thinking it's the way things are,, aaaaerrrhg ,, oh well. Laughing
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore



Posts: 15416

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Considering I started out with a 14.4 modem, I assume everyone knows life before that, with no internet.


I remember those days! My first computer was very expensive and had a 210 MB HD! Laughing
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards



Posts: 3876

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Well, if we're going to stroll down memory lane, my first computer was a Kaypro II. At the time it was unclear if the industry would embrace CP/M or DOS as an operating system and the Kaypro II came with the "more stable" CP/M system. With that "lugable" computer and a Okidata 8-pin black & white printer, I launched our first mail order company. Does anyone remember the office suite of programs Perfect Writer, Perfect Calc, and Perfect Filler? Our customers were aquired through ads in the back of magazines. It was great fun, but not that profitable.

Three years later I thought I was in a dream when we got our 286 IBM clone with a 24 pin color Okidata printer. The computer came with a 40 MB hard drive, but we had them change it to a 20 MB so we could afford to get the printer. Laughing
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
DoYouReadMe



Posts: 123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
DoYouReadMe wrote:
I know this is an old thread. It's a fresh old problem as far as I can see. We lose a huge demographic of potential buyers to their sole use of mobile devices.

Paying attention to analytics, I notice that mobile traffic on eCrater has been decreasing over time and remembered that I almost never visit eCrater shopping from my tablet or phone, because there's basically nothing to see. I can't remember if there ever was much to see on mobile, but I notice that even taking the time to click categories and digging into categories on mobile to get to the pages where you actually see some products there will be only 1 page of those products. sort by price, you still get only 1 page worth.

Only 1 page per category of our stores or per the entire main site categories can be seen using a mobile device. NO BUENO.
Has it always been this way?

You got me curious to see what's happening with my stores since I hadn't checked Google Analytics recently. Over the last 90 days, the ratio of desktop users vs. mobile/tablet users has held steady. The number of visitors using a desktop in my TreasureFinds store and in my Bookstore was 45% to 50%. I was surprised by the number of mobile users searching my bookstore. My Postcards store and my SewVintage shops were still holding at slightly over 70% desktop users. I assume either they want to see a larger view and/or they are older. Laughing

I have access to the internet from 2 phones. One phone is limited and not much better than the analog flip phones and the other is a Samsung Galaxy 5. Both gave an acceptable view of both the eCrater Marketplace and our eCrater stores. I took a look at your store and had no problems. Your 4 global categories are showing on your home page with arrows on the right to go to each of the global categories. If you click on the name of the category on the home page, it expands to show all subcategories with arrows to the right to see your products. If you don't see the arrows, I'd suggest you contact eCRATER and give them the details of your phone. You might also check your store from your husband's phone to see if there is a difference. I would say you biggest problem is having no products in your first 2 global categories. I would suggest you make a list of your current category structure, then delete all categories that have 0 product. That way, when a visitor comes to your site they would see product no matter which arrow they clicked.

I so agree with lastade! My two "kids" (30s & 40s) both have desktops. His is a "souped" up gaming desktop and hers is a larger laptop. They both spend their surfing time on their phones, but switch to their desktops if they need an expanded view. We have to remember that we have potential buyers who have no memory of a time before cell phones and the internet. If they are 20 today, they were 5 years old in 2003. We also have to remember everyone hasn't had the same experiences. It was interesting that lastade, who teaches Spanish, answered your question. I had to do a translation search to read all of your comment. Laughing


I am finally rebuilding this store from long, long ago....THANKS for the tip about empty categories....I ditched 'em for now.
I'll add new internal categories when I get to those items.

I tend to use my tablet for discussions in forums and communities, like this one. my phone for nothing but calls, texts and rare emergency web surfs.

You had to translate my comment because I wrote No Bueno down there? Oh no, is it happening again? LOL... I'm typing in english, but yeah...No Bueno. Sorry.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way



Posts: 3126

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Okidata 8-pin black & white printer "

Ya well, I had (still have it) a 16 pin Panasonic printer. COLOR ribbon cost me $670.00


So take that. !!! Razz
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore



Posts: 15416

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, remember in math class for a week or two learning how to add 1 and 0 digits to make truly big numbers. The teacher taught it. I learned it as it wasn't hard, but no one including the teacher had any idea WHY we were learning it! Fast forward many years and computers came to the modern man and woman and suddenly learning about the 1s and 0s and the byte packets, etc. I remembered learning about this. Just switches for computers. Considering Bill Gates was born three days before me, why didn't I get the education he did???? We both grew up and went to schools close to the Pacific Ocean. If I had his advantages, perhaps I would be a bazillionaire!
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum