eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Problem with shipping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onlypollypocket

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Problem with shipping Reply with quote

I had my store on vacation hold and just took it off.

I have had two orders:

One from a UK buyer but shipping to Florida. The order showed the shipping amount but when the paypal payment was made, shipping was not included and I had to bill my customer for the shipping.

The other order is from a customer in Mexico, a country to which I do NOT ship but the buyer was allowed to make the purchase and no shipping was charged. In checking to see what happened if I checked in the listing for the shipping amount, it does show that I ship to Mexico and that the shipping amount is zero! However, in my "Choose Shipping Zones" Mexico is excluded and in my "Weight Matrix" Mexico is NOT included.

Sadly, I am sure I am going to have a very unhappy almost-buyer because I am going to have to refund her money and explain that I do not ship to Mexico and especially not for free.

Meanwhile I am putting my store on "hold" again to avoid problems until I can get a solution.

Not sure what is going on but if anyone can help, I would sure appreciate it Confused
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cancel that Mexico order! I shipped one there and the tracking disappeared after the package was put on a plane in Mexico City on its way to the buyer's town. Absolutely crazy trying to deal with the buyer. He had NO idea of how or who delivered his mail. He had no idea where a PO of any kind was in his town. His English was abysmal and my Spanish was worse. Using Google I was able to find his home which was a lovely one in the midst of what looked like a barrio (ghetto). He was supposedly a Principal of a school and so how could he have no idea where to get his mail from? Anyhow, I felt I had done my duty, in regards to him. Who knows if it ever showed up. I didn't see any kind of mailbox. When I was in Colombia in 1976, no one got mail at home, you had to go the PO for it.

It is getting late, so I have a fuzzy head and hope I can answer your question tomorrow if someone else doesn't.
onlypollypocket

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Cancel that Mexico order!

Oh, yes, I did cancel the order. I have "lost" way too many packages going to Mexico. Hence, the reason I will no longer ship there.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am a bit awake now, although my neck and shoulders feel like I was sleeping on the top of my head!

Double-check that in your options you have nothing but the US showing, as well as in the shipping zones. If you go check those possibilities and if they are all showing as void to ship to places like Mexico, then you need to write to the eCRATER team and see if they can help you.
onlypollypocket

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked my options. I do ship internationally and only the countries to which I ship are showing in my options...both shipping zones and weight matrix.

Mexico is NOT showing as a country to which I ship nor is it in the weight matrix.

It is curious because I haven't changed a thing in years and it has always worked just fine.

Thank you Smile I have written to eCRATER so, hopefully, they can help fix the problem or tell me if I've done something wrong.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you make any changes to your store shipping settings between the two orders?

I played around as a customer in your store and played around in one of my stores that uses USPS Calculated with no international shipping. In your store currently, it shows you ship to almost every country in the world, however shipping was only charged to selected countries (I checked AU and UK). Since both countries had the same amount charged and that amount doesn't agree with any amount in the USPS Postage schedule, I'm assuming you are using the Weight Matrix for your international shipping locations. This would mean you do not have any form of international shipping selected here: Account > Options > Enable USPS Calculated Shipping.

I was able to duplicate the second problem by
1) Having Enable USPS Calculated Shipping checked with NO international shipping type selected.
2) In Shipping Zones I have Both Everywhere Else and Australia in my Selected Zones.
3) In my Weight Matrix, I have a row for Australia where I added $15.00 shipping AND a row for Everywhere Else that I filled in with 99.99.

When I went to my store it shows Shipping: USPS calculated - check. When I click to check, it showed I ship to every country in the eCRATER list. The shipping to Australia was $15.00 and shipping to every other country I checked was $99.99.

I would say check to see if you have added Everywhere Else in your Shipping Zones. If yes, you should see a row in your Weight Matrix that says Everywhere Else that is blank. Once you remove Everywhere Else in your Selected Shipping Zones, the row for it will be removed from your Weight Matrix. This should take care of the second problem.

The second problem probably needs the eCRATER teams attention. Let them know the order number of the UK order, the fact the order showed the shipping amount, but the shipping wasn't included in the PayPal payment. Let us know what they say. I feel it has something to do with the fact the customer is located in the UK, was shipping to the US, probably has a UK Paypal account, and the API from Paypal returned the customer's Paypal address.
onlypollypocket

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Sheila, I DO appreciate you taking the time to help me Smile

No, I did not make any changes to shipping between the two orders...in fact, I haven't made any changes in years.

I ship to most countries except some I have eliminated because of past problems. In "Choose Shipping Zones" Mexico is not included in "Selected Zones" even though it was showing when I tried postage calculation within the listing.

I do have the weight matrix completed as a back-up (as recommended by eCRATER in the case of connectivity issues with USPS)

I do have Account > Options > Enable USPS Calculated Shipping enabled with First Class Mail International Package and Priority Mail International options selected.

HOWEVER, you solved the Mexico problem!!! My Selected Shipping Zones DID show Everywhere Else. When I removed that and then checked shipping in my listing, Mexico was no longer showing in my list of countries to which I ship. Not sure how that happened...I didn't consciously add Everywhere Else OR maybe it has always been there but no one from my excluded countries tried to buy!

As to the UK customer, you may well be correct that the issue was because she had a UK Paypal account. That might be an issue that I will have to deal with on a case-by-case level. The shipping DID show on the cRATER order email that I got, just wasn't in her payment (She was very nice about paying it in a separate transaction).

Again, Sheila, a million thanks!! I will take my store off Hold and do some business Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: