eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Somewhat New & Shipping question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inthegrooverepurp

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Somewhat New & Shipping question Reply with quote

I have been on Ecrater for a while now but never put a lot of work into it and I don't use it very much as a venue to sell my products. I was recently adding new items and noticed there is a new column in the shipping area labeled "ship with another" for us to put a reduced shipping cost in. Can I leave these blank? For the new items I added, I just reduced the shipping cost by $1. As I said I don't sell much via this site (which is fine) and so I certainly will have little to none multiple item sales. Even if I did, I wouldn't know how much to reduce shipping by until I knew which items were being purchased and shipped together. Any comments you have about this or my store are appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assume that the item you are selling is not the first item the buyer has purchased. If the first item needs $10 to ship then the 'with another item' should be the amount added to the $10 shipping to cover the excess weight. When figuring what to add, consider weight, extra packaging, extra insurance over what has already been included in the $10 charge.

Shipping is always calculated as heaviest item is the first item with additional items included using the 'with another item' cost.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love your record bowls. I might need to by one.
inthegrooverepurp

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh! I get it! You explained the shipping very well, thank you! I will make the correct changes and updates.
inthegrooverepurp

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately let me know if you want a record bowl for a musician/band that you don't see on my website. I have a huge inventory and can add more bowls to my website when you want them!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have some neat items Grooverepurp! I like the Uno card notebook. I have seen the record bowls before, they are gaining popularity amongst nostalgia collectors. There is a guy at our local craft fair that does them. You might wanna try a craft fair at some point, there is a specific audience for repurposed items like yours. I have seen a few sellers attempt to repurpose items like this but they were not practical, they looked cool but were really unusable, or they just looked bad. But you have done a nice job. Consider getting a Pinterest account and promote the record made items via Pinterest.
inthegrooverepurp

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I enjoy what I do and it's great to get feedback! I've done a lot of craft shows and that's why I have a huge inventory but not all of it on my website. I also recently started selling wholesale to stores so I will probably be doing less craft shows in future. Unfortunately I am not tech savvy and have no interest so I have to really push myself to work on those things like my website....I should do facebook and pintrest. I sound like I am in the dark ages because I don't use either one of those!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: