eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Christmas in July / CIJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Christmas in July / CIJ Reply with quote

I was not here last year this time and I checked the forums from the past (I have not yet been able to EVER find anything when I do a search in the forums)...anyway

Does eCrater do a "Christmas in July" promotion or sale?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far I remember eCrater never made a sale promotion. I believe you are confuse with Bonanzle/Bonanza. Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope we are all scrooges here and say bah humbug to Christmas in July sales! Obviously you can do your own promotion somehow, but any sale you do you have to change your prices via the global editor and then change them back after the sale. And there isn't nay good way to show buyers that the price change is due to a sale and not your regular prices.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have participated in CIJ sales on other sites and google promos back when they had google checkout on eCRATER and never saw a single benefit, i.e. sales due to it.

Several months ago I lowered all prices in one store by 30% and a large portion of another the same %. The sites went dead. The considerably lower prices had no effect whatsoever. I have just finished restoring the old prices.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Moon and View for your input.

I probably won't bother with it here then, as it seems more work than it is worth.

I did it last year on another site [etsy] and I did okay with it; I probably will do it there again.

Thanx again for answering so quickly - muchly appreciated.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For awhile we could do coupons via Google Checkout, but the buyer had to use GCO when paying to get the benefit. I think I had 3 maybe 4 coupons turned in over the course of 2 years. Now of course we have no way to do the coupons. But I had used at least an entire ream of paper and the printer ink to make them and sent them to at least 2000 buyers. So 'sales' and coupons don't work real well here partly I think because of the way we would have to set them up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: