eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyword On Bulk Updater For ECrater

View previous topic :: View next topic  
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Anyword On Bulk Updater For ECrater Reply with quote

Has anyone known any plans for a bulk update feature for sellers that need to update their pricing on products? we're getting into the 800 plus products and need a bulk update feature.

The way things are, its good for sellers that only have a few things to sell, but for people who have 100s, this is a real problem, time consumption.

Bulk update is nothing new, its been around for 10+ years. Any sellers write into ECrater wanting this feature?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Never found the need for it. I tweak a number of listings daily and if the price needs adjusted then I will, but I have no reason to constantly be changing prices.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater is very good about posting new changes. But big changes don't happen often.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constant changing of prices could come back to haunt you. As I discovered, when I updated about 25 listings, with higher prices to reflect the fees being charged with the new sponsored ads. Google Shopping then promptly marked those as not agreeing with what the feed said. The actual damage might have been removed quickly, but the error messages persisted for about a month.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well cosmic the reason why your items could of been removed, was the fact that Google states, you have 24 hours to submit a new product feed for your items.

We got an answer from Ecrater and asked them point blank. We feel they skirted around the question and brought up the Global Editor. Which was not what we had asked them.

We asked them if they had any plans on any bulk editor function to update individual product prices and shipping rates. The entire email was spelled out to that specific point. The response was, they never bought up any plans of bulk edit function, and just kept on pointing to the global edit. Which does nothing whatsoever.

It actually hurt us, now we have to go into each product and edit the shipment and product rates. ANother problem is that you have to do a each for each product, you cant keep a category open because the second you make an update to one product, the second you hit enter, your bought back to the main title page. Then you have pulldown the category to where you were just editing and then try to find out where you left off.

Another thing we dont like is the fact that your feedback score is being submitted along side your products. That was something that was automatically done with Google Checkout. Dont know it just seems like more and more, that Ecrater isnt something thats going to work out for us.

This platform is for putting up your product and keeping the product price and shipping rates the same. Our stuff has a supply and demand factor price. So its going to be too time cosuming doing what we have to do. With all the "inconviences" its just too time consuming and there's a lot of factors that are to buyer sided. Putting up with stupid buyers that cant read and dont know how to contact sellers if there is a problem. Its not worth the aggrivation with putting up with such stupidity.

Came into the office and found yet another buyer file a dispute claiming defective merchandise 15 minutes after the product arrived. Thing we work with this product on a daily basis and it takes a miminal amount of 1 hour to install, so this buyer is deliberately trying to commit fraud by taking his broken item and trying to exchange it for ours.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ecrater gave you your answer whether you liked it or not. If they were working on a bulk editor they most likely would have said so, since they didn't and pointed to the global editor, they must consider it sufficient.

In my 7 years of selling here, I've never heard of any other seller feeling the need for this so much. Maybe others just never voiced it, but we all seem to get along without constant price changes. I'm not convinced that people shop by the lowest price anyhow which seems to be your theory. My many sales reflect that since my prices are generally higher than other sellers but I take the time to fill out a description in full so they know what they are getting, unlike some sellers that don't even bother mentioning what size something is!
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like we said time consuming. There's no plans in the future to implement these changes to make things easier for sellers. That means CPC rates will get billed to Ecrater and they will have to eat the cost because sellers cant update their pricing to be more competitive.

Global editor screwed up our shipping rates (yeah it was something we did) but now we have to go into 600 products and check everything. Its just best for us to add products and see what sells the most and just update those. But the current way is something we're not going to spend alot of time on.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, where do you find the exact time an item was delivered? Shocked
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
Wow, where do you find the exact time an item was delivered? Shocked

Says it right on the USPS tracking page once it's delivered.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, good to know. Thanks
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That means CPC rates will get billed to Ecrater and they will have to eat the cost because sellers cant update their pricing to be more competitive

CPC rates doesn't or shouldn't have anything to do with bulk changing your prices. I'm sure that ecrater has looked into the new rate scale and has calculated how this should work without sending them to the poorhouse. Mathematically I can't see that unless you are making large prices changes - $10--and up per item, it will barely make a blip on what you get charged on the new rates they have set up.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume people should not expect listings to come out clean while trying to import.

Like "bulk" anything for that matter. A price you pay for trying to not do each listing at a cost for speed, somethings got to break.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Like "bulk" anything for that matter

Like if you buy a bulk bag of apples or potatoes you are bound to get a couple that aren't the nicest. Just seeing what people do when they use the bulk thing to import their ebay listings and then never go back to fix them as if that is all that will need done. Most of those listings never make any sense and I know I would never buy from a listing like that.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: