eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Am Puzzled on Administrative Tool Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rps35

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Am Puzzled on Administrative Tool Page Reply with quote

My question is this: After I list an item the next page is Administrative Tool Page & Manage Products. Then there is a box "Choose Category" in which my category appears......Then below that there is a Search Box which is blank. Then below that Title Description. I am wondering what I should place inside these boxes? I am 72 and not too sharp on technical terms so please "talk me thru it" in easy to understand words. I am feeling my way around eCrater one small step at a time--lots to learn--but will get there, hopefully. Many, many thanks. Bob
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ljstores

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Am Puzzled on Administrative Tool Page Reply with quote

rps35 wrote:
My question is this: After I list an item the next page is Administrative Tool Page & Manage Products. Then there is a box "Choose Category" in which my category appears......Then below that there is a Search Box which is blank. Then below that Title Description. I am wondering what I should place inside these boxes? I am 72 and not too sharp on technical terms so please "talk me thru it" in easy to understand words. I am feeling my way around eCrater one small step at a time--lots to learn--but will get there, hopefully. Many, many thanks. Bob

Hi Bob
I haven't listed anything for ages, so off the top of my head I can't answer your question but someone will be along soon to help you.
Good Luck

LJ
zickit

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The search box you are talking about is to find a product within your product list.

Using my store as an example - I have a stock number in each title, when I need to find a product because I sold it and need to mark it sold or hide the item I put the stock number in that search box and it shows me only that item. I don't have to hunt through all 2500 items to find it. It's a great feature when you are looking for a specific item within your store to edit it or delete it.
rps35

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thank you! That was most helpful. Will certainly use that box to track my items. Greatly appreciate everyone's help.
EverythingNice

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shop Bob! Good luck with sales! Sandy Wink
rps35

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Sandy, for the encouragement. I've got a long way to go but will get there eventually--I hope. Certainly appreciate all the help from everyone as I stumble along.... You folks are wonderful!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: