eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Attention, sellers of books ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Attention, sellers of books ... Reply with quote

Take a read of this, then think about the possibilities lurking out there ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32890006
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to be able to work with this guy! Boy I would love to delve into those books that he collects and resells to the rich folks. Especially those that don't read but wants their guests and the world to think that they do! From 8th grade through college I worked as a library aid at my schools. In high school went to two new High Schools and got to help set up two brand new libraries. In college and nursing school I worked as a work-study student in the libraries. I think perhaps along the way I missed my calling.Very Happy I would love to do this for sure! I wonder if there is a way to get his lists of books and if he likes being offered items from it?

If he ever had a customer that wanted a needle-craft library mine should have a good selection that he can see once I'm no longer around. I can't stop collecting sewing, quilting, embroidery, etc. books and magazines!
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of the wealthy people that collect books do so for the investment value, just like rare coins and rare stamps. There's the snob appeal as well to be sure.

I like watching the Pawn Stars segments that have people bringing in rare books. Very interesting stuff.

MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There's the snob appeal as well to be sure.

I'm sure some of those gazillionaires aren't all readers and or deep thinkers, but they want friends and TV crews to think they are! Very Happy

Personally if it were me, I would want to put together my own library. Especially a reference section. I have found I get so much more out of a book if I have an atlas nearby as well an appropriate foreign language dictionary. Also books that cover and explain expressions depending on what area of the country or world you are from. An then a good encyclopedia set and Webster's 2nd edition dictionary and so on. Yep, I want to go work for this guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: