eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help Adding products please.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunting-Bunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:01 am    Post subject: Help Adding products please. Reply with quote

Do you have to fill in every field in the add product page for it to save. What if youd writen half of he description and were coming back later. I cannot find any of my producrs that i tried to put in. Wasted hours of artistic effort. Please help. Im not sure what im doing wrong.

Thanks

Celeste
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Help Adding products please. Reply with quote

Hunting-Bunter wrote:
Do you have to fill in every field in the add product page for it to save.

Pretty much. You need to fill in: Name, Description, Price, Local Category, Global Category, Global Sub Cat, Used Product (if applicable), Taxable, Quantity, Weight, Shipping (if choices are applicable). If you haven't written the description, you can put in some placeholder letters.

Hunting-Bunter wrote:
What if youd writen half of he description and were coming back later.

Select "Hide this product" and hit "Add/Add & Exit" or "Update/Update & Exit"
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celeste,

Foxy is right. Of those three, the very most important is the "update".

I promise you, once you get the hang of it - it will be second nature. Do not despair!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most helpful thing I have found for fast and efficient listing, is use a template so you don't forget things, and keep a database so all your info is in one spot, including the template with all the info. I track cost, when purchased, where it is listed, original price if known and price I'm selling it for, etc. Stuff that doesn't go in the listing but helps you know where your business is going.

Not sure what kind of creativity you were hoping for in the listing, but with no html, there isn't much in the way of doing things other than setting up your listing so they basically all are the same which means when doing more than one of a kind, you can click on the copy box and swap out the info that doesn't belong for the newer info. So your best spelling, grammar, and NONE of the all caps nonsense that some favor which is horrible to try to read.

If you don't get finished with something, be sure that you have something in the title, click on hide and then update and it will be there when you get back to it.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When adding a new listing, you have to have something in the title, description, price, categories, weight and shipping. It can be as little as letters or numbers. This is not a total listing but it will allow you to save your work if you get interrupted. It doesn't have to be your final draft, just those things have to be filled in in order to save your work. You can replace the nonsense when you return.

It will definitely help the appearance of your store and the whole site if you hide the listing before you click add. That will keep someone from reporting you as having a nonsense listing. Just remember to unhide it when it is ready to publish.
Hunting-Bunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Thanks for answering. Reply with quote

Oh, right, thank you very much for your replies. This sounds like a great little community. Very nice and helpful. Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens to all of us. I've had my mom call for me and upon telling her I was in the middle of an unsaved listing she shouted, I don't care I need you now. So I just type something like ABC in the title and description fields and as for the price and weights just type the first price and weight number that comes to mind, click hide this product, then click Add or update depending on if the listing was already edited to some extent first or is a brand new listing. Never before saved listings will show and Add button, already saved listings have an Update button.

As long as it's hidden, no one will see it and you can edit everything later when you have time.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: