eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hey Hi Everyone
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdsdvdsbymail

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Hey Hi Everyone Reply with quote

Introducing myself
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, interesting introduction seeing as how you didn't actually introduce yourself. Almost all of your categories and over half of the items you have listed, have no photos. Buyers like to see what they are getting, otherwise they will not buy.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Scarlett The Sequel To Going With The Wind

You got the name of this most famous movie wrong. It is GONE with the Wind, not Going with the wind.

Your category title might better be Books with a subtitle of fiction, non-fiction, biography, etc. assuming you are planning on selling more that the one. Especially since your store name looks as if you are selling CDs and DVDs, not necessarily books. Tiger is correct, you need photos. You are allowed up to 10 for free and book buyers especially want to see and know the books condition.

You might want to note that everything you are selling is taxable in PA. If you don't have a tax license you need to get one - pronto and so you can legally collect the tax. This isn't optional.
cdsdvdsbymail

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: thanks for advice Reply with quote

I just started so Iam a little rusty at this but with the help of the community I might learn something from the pros.
Thanks again for the advise
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to put some keywords in your home page description. Like I offer "CD" and "DVD" or words that people commonly search for, in a search engine.

In titles of items.
for instance if I was looking for karate movies.

The word here is, movies, then the rest of the things they search for, try to make item titles have them in it.

So my example, say "1978 Karate movies, marshal arts, DVD movie" and the movie name etc etc

You see, that covers more people, some may type movie, others might type movies, or DVD or marshal arts instead of karate.

At the same time, since you have a lot of the same thing, don't use the same words for every title. Be creative so each listing is not a generic thing.

When google checks web pages they put things as "omitted"

Like if you repeat "DVD movie number 1"
DVD movie number 2
DVD movie number 3

Listing like that (example words) the only thing different is the number and search engines will think they are all duplicate webpages.
So try to use common words that you would use if YOU were searching in the titles.
But vary the words enough so it don't have a database neat looking and organized, they just go to the omitted in search engines.

good luck, try to get like 100 items up right away. one at a time.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I hope yo0u do well here and get the hang of things real soon.

Good Luck on your adventure and may your time here be successful.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Hi Everyone Reply with quote

cdsdvdsbymail wrote:
Introducing myself

Gone with the Wind ~ No Such Seller
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I wonder why we even bother trying to point out things that will help these new sellers. Some of them don't even respond back, some of them get suspended right away, and some of them abandon their stores when they see how much work is involved with selling here.
varietyConnections

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow what happen to him?
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the dvds are bootleg and Ecrater shuts them down.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they don't have the staff for it, but wouldn't it be nice if before someone can let their store go 'live' that the ecrater team will check out a few things such as for bootleg articles, etc.? Just the stuff that will close down a site, not the whether they got their listings looking right or not for good SEO.
fromuk2014

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I'm sure they don't have the staff for it, but wouldn't it be nice if before someone can let their store go 'live' that the ecrater team will check out a few things such as for bootleg articles, etc.? Just the stuff that will close down a site, not the whether they got their listings looking right or not for good SEO.

Maybe a report button so that anyone can help out?

If it were abused then of course that user would need to be flagged for abusing the report button for malicious reasons but providing the report log were checked daily I can't see the harm.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have a thread for reporting some problems like mis-categorized items. But it comes down to how much times does any of us have to monitor the site? We are sellers, not the site employees. We only know about new sellers because of those that come and say hi, but only a small percentage of new sellers do that.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd, the other day when I clicked on this post I got the sneaking suspicion this seller may have been offering bootlegs because the photos were either not there or they were weirdly cropped, like stolen from amazon or something. So I decided to take a second look and of course, the store was already "no such seller" so, only confirms my suspicions even further.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: