eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Pictures on Ebay import

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NikkiDesignerfabric

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Pictures on Ebay import Reply with quote

Hello,

I am just strying to set up a store & did my Ebay import. I see that it only brings 1 picture whereas I may have multiple pictures on the Ebay listing. Am I doing something wrong & how do I correct it ?

Thanks in advance.
Nikki
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, there is no magic bullet to automatically collect the remaining pictures. You will have to add them manually.

Checking one of your items at random ...
http://nikkidesignerfabric.ecrater.com/p/23257416/35yds-couture-fabric-cream-georgette-w

The main image is small. You really need images that are at least 800 pixels in one direction. Listings with small images may get placed farther back in the marketplace.

You also need to clean up all the description on all those listings. The boilerplate should be on your Terms & Conditions page, not on every listing.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not positive, but I believe the importer did bring in all the photos at one time. When eBay changed the way they handled photos to add all the little photos at the bottom with the zoom, it caused problems for a lot of 3rd party programs.

As far as the size of your photos, eCRATER recommends photos be at least 800px on one size for best placement in the eCRATER marketplace search. When the items are added to Google Shopping, they recommend photos that are at least 800px on both sides. Most of my photos are smaller, but new listings have much larger sizes. Smaller sizes will not cause your listing to be omitted, but you get a lower placement if multiple sellers offer the same item.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the ebay ads were auto-listed to eCrater by eCrater's bulk lister then how could the photos be under 800 pixels if they once were ebay ads? Ebay demands the photos be at least 800 pixels on one side. I'm a little confused. lol

SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

school-yearbooks wrote:
If the ebay ads were auto-listed to eCrater by eCrater's bulk lister then how could the photos be under 800 pixels if they once were ebay ads? Ebay demands the photos be at least 800 pixels on one side. I'm a little confused. lol
The current requirement on eBay state "must be at least 500 pixels on the longest side". I ran into this recently when I thought about listing a few postcards. My older photos were only 400px on the longest side and I didn't want to spend the time to update. Now there's one little piece of info to reduce your confusion. Laughing
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I thought the ebay requirement was 800 pixels not 500 Pixels. My error.

school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electrical outlet or pig SNOUT? Roy's failing vision was put to the test ...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: