eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunting-Bunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Shipping Reply with quote

What is the quickest and easiest way to put 8.50 shipping within Australia and 20.00 everywhere else please? This fits for just about all of my products.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at your bike earrings. On eCrater all text must be in English.

4.3 Basic requirements

- All texts must be in English.

Not following the rules can get your store suspended.

Not sure about the shipping thing....maybe by using the shipping matrix, or use the flat rate shipping option
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Shipping Reply with quote

Hunting-Bunter wrote:
What is the quickest and easiest way to put 8.50 shipping within Australia and 20.00 everywhere else please? This fits for just about all of my products.
Use the Shipping Matrix. Go to "Shipping Zones" and select all countries to which you will ship. You can save time by selecting "European Union" and "Europe Non-EU", then selecting all other countries to which you will ship. Then put 8.50 in every box across the AU row except the last box. Enter 0.00 in the last box. Next enter 20.00 in every other box EXCEPT the last column in which you would put 0.00.
This will result in every customer from AU being charged $8.50 no matter what or how much they purchase. Every order from every where else will be charged $20.00.

In addition to breaking the eCRATER Terms with adding the non-English description, you might want to re-think your description of the earrings as "Cheeky". I wasn't sure what it meant so I asked Google to "Define: Cheeky". After reading several definitions, I wouldn't use the word to describe anything I would want to wear. Maybe you are using the word in a nice way, or maybe it's OK in AU, but you might want to check the Google.com define sites.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Hunting-Bunter

You need to review the meaning of "Cash on Delivery". That means that YOU are going to be paying the COD fees, and postage, before the buyer has remitted any funds to you. And you have no guarantee that the buyer will actually make payment when the post office attempts to make delivery.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest skipping the designation of your earrings for 'missis', etc. If a guy saw them and wanted them, would he want to buy something designated for a woman or a child?

Not only do you need to get rid of the French in your listings, you need to have actual descriptions such as size, whether hypoallergenic or not, materiel made from, who made them/brand, etc. You can keep the quotes if you like, but they should be at the bottom of the descriptions. All the important stuff needs to be up top so the search engines can see the info.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All we can to is let them know about a problem, if they chose not to comply with the rules, a suspension will happen. Can someone is Australia even use COD?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can someone is Australia even use COD?

Not sure if they use it in Oz, but for sure you wouldn't be able to send something COD from there to here and why would you want to? I don't ship anything until I am paid for it and the shipping.

The seller hasn't done anything yet with his site that I can see since we gave him suggestions. With only two items listed currently, that should be pretty easy to fix and then carry on correctly.

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the language issue.
Seller has everything in English and French. I think that is allowed although I would do all the English first and then all the French. If seller had only written in French, that is against the rules.

Cheeky in my world means sassy or flirty in a sort of brazen or bold way. I don't think it would be misconstrued as referring to butt cheeks which is the only other descriptive use of it.

I'm curious about your shipping for earrings. I thought Canada had obscenely high shipping rates. I could send those earrings from Vancouver to Australia for $9.00Ca and insure them to boot and I include packaging supplies in my rates. Of course if your domestic shipping is that high it could explain why Aussies will buy my heaviest items and pay airmail shipping without a murmur.

However a couple of years ago a man bought a card of buttons from me. They were not the size he wanted to he returned them and bought another size. That card had one more button than he wanted so he sent the extra button back to me because he didn't know what to do with it. Both returns were sent for the price of a postage stamp. If I were you I'd check if you have the right postage.

If Americans see simple earrings that cost $10 and you add $20 shipping they will think you are gouging them and shop elsewhere. Maybe you really don't want to ship outside of Australia and have the shipping high to discourage other buyers. If so that will do it.

Re COD. You really want to dump it and get a PayPal account. By the time the COD charges are added to your $20 shipping, the buyer would probably pass out at the door and the item would be returned to you with all fees to be paid by you. PayPal is easy to use and the PayPal Express which is the credit card side of it is the most common method of payment used on eCRATER. Easy to sign up and it can be used in most any country I've heard of.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, I don't off hand know the exchange rate for US>Canada, but last I checked for pricing my items for AU the US dollar equaled $1.31 of the Australian dollar. So if they were charging $13 for something there it is the same as $10 in US funds. I think I'm thinking that through right as I'm still tying to get my brain in gear this morning Very Happy
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what eCrater-moon said on 17 Apr 2015:

As per the Terms of service located here http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
4.3 Basic requirements
• - All texts must be in English

Doesn't sound like any other languages are acceptable. This was in respose to a question about using 2 languages. http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=35617&start=30
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding French is against eCRATER rules.

As far as the meaning of cheeky:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cheeky
"rude and showing a lack of respect often in a way that seems playful or amusing"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cheeky
"Cheeky is a word used by english people like myself. 1. it is a word used to describe someone who does something or says something sort of disrespectful and sometimes rude, but says it in a cunning way."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cheeky
"1. impudent; insolent"

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/british/cheeky
"slightly rude or showing no respect, but often in a funny way"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cheeky
"disrespectful in speech or behaviour; impudent"
Their thesaurus 1ST suggestion is "offensively bold"

There are several other sources on page 1 of google which add the same type of information. I just didn't think it was a good choice of description for a pair of earrings showing a bicycle. Maybe some people want to wear something that says to the world that they are disrespectful and rude. On second thought, maybe there is a big market and I'm out of step with a desire for respectful behavior and good manners.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On second thought, maybe there is a big market and I'm out of step with a desire for respectful behavior and good manners.

I don't think you are Very Happy

We should always be careful to not 'dis' potential buyers if we can help it. Hard enough to get buyers, without saying things that would offend them.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't use cheeky to describe a pair of bicycle earrings either but don't think it is an offensive word to use in the appropriate situation.

It looked to me like the seller is in AU but is listing in US$. Makes no difference what the exchange rate is if they list in US$ then the shipping in AU$ would be way over $20AU.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
Here is what eCrater-moon said on 17 Apr 2015:

As per the Terms of service located here http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
4.3 Basic requirements
• - All texts must be in English

Doesn't sound like any other languages are acceptable. This was in respose to a question about using 2 languages. http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=35617&start=30

If anything, having 2 languages probably screws with Google Shopping. If they see French in the feed description, they might shove it into a different country.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon had it all done in red. But some sellers figure rules don't apply to them. But we all know what happens to them.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: