eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are your listings repeated in French? Are you in Quebec or the U.K., somewhere that has a decent amount of French speaking population?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Maggie, I have seen eCrater suspend stores before for having an English description followed by the same description in Spanish. If I were the seller I would first.

Does anyone ever notice how some people when they ask for advice and the more seasoned sellers try to point out that they are breaking the rules, just to be helpful so the new sellers do not find their stores suspended, probably 87.9% of those sellers ignore the advice. It's like they think, that's not the question I came here asking you all so they see the attempts to warn them as unwarranted. Just pointing that out, not everyone responds with an I don't care attitude, most don't even respond at all if they are told anything beyond what they wanted to hear. Oh well, irrelevant point.

ceux qui ne reconnaissent pas l'éducation et la sagesse sont ceux qui sont mordu par le serpent qui était juste en face de leurs yeux tout le long, deux fois
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ceux qui ne reconnaissent pas l'éducation et la sagesse sont ceux qui sont mordu par le serpent qui était juste en face de leurs yeux tout le long, deux fois

LOL!

A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read....

attributed to Mark Twain
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:

LOL!

A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read....

attributed to Mark Twain

Pretty much the same thing I was getting that. I was trying to say that a person who does not observe their surroundings, is the person who will end up getting bitten by the snake that was right in front of their eyes the whole time...twice! So yeah, pretty much the same thing you were saying Moon although my French is rusty as I only know just enough to get by when I am in Quebec amongst the French Canadians, so I may have mis-spoken some of that.

But it reminds me of the analogy...If it were a snake, it would have bitten me!
Like when someone searches for their eye glasses for 20 minutes and they are on top of their head the whole time!
Hunting-Bunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, yes, I didn't actually intend to list my things with any mistakes. I did not even see the cod option. Basically the shop is only under construction. So I thi k I need to tick hide. Busy person here, could only get back to you just now.

The reason for the cost is that Australia Post do charge 8.50 for postage within Australia anything up to 500 grams, and they dont have a smaller option. It is the same for international shipping, only around the 20.00 mark for most international destinations. Also to simplify the shipping costs just to make it that. I do realize Australia Post are a bit expensive, then again most int. destinations are a long way away. Also if you knew anything about economics you might notice that things in Australia often cost double of what you would imagine in American dollars, just that the economics are differnent here to yours. Yes I do mean to have it listed as au dollars. So thank you, we' ll get there hey?

Im sorry there's a lot to take in, and yes the ads are there in English and the French is the translation. Im thinking that should be ok as long as if it is in English first and also.

As for the cheeky thing, lol, I just never thought of it that way in the slightest. Just that 'my boyfriend is in the tour de France'. Meant humorously, no offense intended.

So thanks for your help. Got a bit of catching up to do.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is NOT ok to have french and English. It is against eCraters rules. You will get suspended for having both. Did you read the rules that you accepted when you open a store here? Did you read all the previous posts that had all the info about what is not allowed? People here are just trying to help you have a successful store.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would write eCRATER admin using the contact form and ask them about the language thing. I have seen listings here that had a paragraph in Chinese/Asian characters at the bottom. I don't know if they got suspended or not.

Do you have a reason for listing in French? If you are aiming at a particular segment of Australians who speak French as a first language or If you are selling printed material that is in French for instance. Otherwise I would remove it because Australia is an English speaking country and French is certainly not a commonly spoken language in Pacific Rim countries.

Thanks for clarifying your shipping charges. Canada has a light packet shipping rate for thin padded envelopes that ship worldwide for about half your rate. Get an envelope thicker than 19mm and you start paying package rate which isn't too back up to 500gr but after that, jeez....

Get your play on words with the bike and cheeky. Maybe buyers are not as obtuse as we are.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link that I posted earlier had a direct answer from ecrater-moon, it is not allowed..in red letters (But the red didn't transfer)

[quote="ecrater-moon"]As per the Terms of service located here http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
4.3 Basic requirements
• - All texts must be in English

She was answering a question about using both English and Slovak
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since eCrater only lists in English speaking countries. . .
Hunting-Bunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right, stuff it, I'll change it then. Lol. I should have time in the morning.NW.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want something translated into another language, keep it in english and then place a link to the google translator to whatever language you want it done in.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

universalcomputers wrote:
if you want something translated into another language, keep it in english and then place a link to the google translator to whatever language you want it done in.

Of course, we can't put links in out listings.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone that needs to translate a listing into another language probably already knows how to do that on line. I've sold things all over the world and I can't think that all of theme were fluent in English. I had one poor French kid order a Neo costume pattern and after I had shipped he wrote how excited he would be to wear it to a New Year's party. At that point I had to break his bubble and tell him he had only bought a pattern not the outfit itself. What gets me is when I have to write the same letter to someone that is an English speaker from birth.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then put a disclaimer in the language of the country they are targetting that says to do that.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

universalcomputers wrote:
Then put a disclaimer in the language of the country they are targetting that says to do that.

We just said that you cannot have any texts in a non-English language which means no descriptions, titles, or disclaimers.

Moon, I still do not understand why you have so many buyers thinking your patterns are already made outfits, your listings are as clear as day to me, but then again I actually read everything in the description section. Wink
I would say maybe you should change your listings to state right at the top just below the photos in caps PLEASE NOTE BEFORE BUYING: This is a pattern for making the outfit yourself with a sewing machine, NOT a pre-made garment.

But then again, you have so many listings even the global editor would have some problems because I remember back when I had just under 3,000 listings in my store the global editor never would edit all the listings. Even if the change was just a quick fix to correct a small typo in my listings it would come back saying success 2,548 listings and I'd have to run the editor once or twice more to fix the remaining listings.

And yes, I do believe that most people know how to use the translator. I was having a conversation with a guy the other day who seemed to be speaking English just fine, but then he wrote me back and said I actually speak German and am finding the translator to be hard to use, can you translate your words to german for me instead?

I have also had buyers that placed an order, must have been new to the U.S., and when they emailed me I could barely understand what they were saying and I was thinking oh gosh, did they use the translator for my description or just look at the photos when they ordered because that item had a small flaw and I didn't want them emailing me upset when the item arrived if they may not have understood the description, but everything was fine.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: