eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Newcomer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DebbiesBarbiEmporium

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Newcomer Reply with quote

Hi.I'm Joe I have a Barbie doll store.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

Not sure if you consider your listings finished or not but I strongly suggest you add more specifics about your dolls and also condition of dolls and boxes.
DebbiesBarbiEmporium

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject: Barbie Store Reply with quote

Thanks
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Joe - Good Luck with your store.

Welcome aboard.

So far, it looks like an interesting and fun shop!
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should use up all of the pictures that are available to you. Especially since they have some higher prices. Take photos like there were no descriptions, and write descriptions like there were no photos.

Folks cannot pick up your items and examine them in person, so you have to do that for them.

Best wishes!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DebbiesBarbiEmporium

The item I picked at random [1] has a very small image. You need to supply larger images.

[1] http://debbiesbarbiemporium.ecrater.com/p/22915165/barbie-fashionistas-summer-doll-nrfb#
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like more great stuff to list, glad you are here.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Jo/Debbie(?)

I would suggest a photographing technique that doesn't leave your products with a bright shiny backlash of light which makes it difficult to see the item clearly. Definitely MORE photos!

Please fill in a welcome text of some kind on your home page, and fill in your about page, terms, and contact page.

You will also probably want to set up categories instead of putting everything in all in one category called my stuff (or whatever it says).

For the higher the price you are asking for a product, the more work and time to write a thorough description, even if it includes some research like to find out why and when a particular Barbie came out.

Edited to add, you might want to get rid of the cash on delivery option which is costly and very old fashioned way of paying for merchandise -- a hold over to horse and buggy days practically and no longer needed in our world of today.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your name is Joe, but your store is called Debbie's Barbie emporium?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://debbiesbarbiemporium.ecrater.com/p/22916550/mattel-dans-dinner-auction-phillipines

You are asking $350 for a doll with on very poor photo where you have the light backsplashing at the viewer (not sure of the technical name for it).

I put more information into a $10 pattern that I might sell. I don't have a clue what your profit is on these dolls, but I would highly suggest more research and more description and better photos if you want $350 for something. This doll was made specifically for some dinner--what was that dinner about? Was it a fund raiser? What charity? Did all attendees get a doll as part of their ticket or did they have to purchase them? What is the doll wearing? Is she in Pilipino clothing or US style?

I would ask many of the same questions about the Barbie as Marilyn doll.
.[/quote]This very elegant Marilyn Monroe Barbie Doll In the Seven Year Itch Movie.NRFB
Quote:

Was this doll made literally to help promote the movie (I doubt it) and if not WHEN was she made? What is she wearing? What scene is she depicting? Etc. You might think it obvious, but you are missing a lot of info a collector would want to see for their $50.

All I can assume if you think all buyers already know everything about these dolls and so you don't have to say much. You have to remember that computer search engine can not see photos or find keywords that aren't written down. If you don't write it, then basically it can't be searched. I just did a google search for 'Barbie as Marilyn" with 1.9 million results including links to Amazon where you can buy her new from 33 different sellers. Your listing wasn't on google shopping at all that I could find. I looked through the first 4 pages of the organic search and you weren't showing there either. All that to say, if you don't have the keywords, you aren't going to need to be found.

Just trying to help.

Also I did note that under your terms, you wrote "see administrator". What does that mean?
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The backsplashing thing with the light, That's called glare.
fromuk2014

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:

It could also be a lens flare which can be avoided by standing away from the item you're photographing when using the flash or changing the angle of the shot.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Whether glare or flare, it doesn't look good and means that depending on how bad it is, sometimes up to half the product you can't see. But I've seen lots of sellers posting photos like that.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well glare/flare can be a hard thing to overcome especially when using flash or photographing objects with shiny packages or black cased electronics. I know you don't have this problem Moon because you scan your patterns, but the best thing for others is to learn how to not use the flash when taking photos. It's all about angles and lighting techniques.

I recently taught myself how to photograph items on black backgrounds too with no flash, all it took was adjusting the light exposure settings on my camera. But I taught myself that technique because I have found that light colored items such as white, cream, tan, pale yellow, do not show up well in photos with white backgrounds. As for some darker colored objects like purples and reds, if photograhed on white the color shades are confusing and you can barely tell the difference between red and purple, but a black background with low light exposure seems to offset that color confusion and produces a more accurate color which helps to elimate a buyer saying I thought this item was dark purple but it was dark red! But that's also why I try to describe colors of my items even though I have photos showing the colors, just in case of monitor differences or customer eyesight problems.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just occurred to me after taking a closer look at the OP's store. No one is going to buy from this seller unless they are well....

Just take a look at their photos.

Several of their photos show the dolls laying on the floor on a very dirty disgusting carpet with stains, loose cords everywhere, loose bird seed and crumbs, trash and empty candy wrappers, and to make matters worse you can see the sellers foot in the bottom corner of some photos with dead skin and a bruised black toenail.

Sorry but, that is just nasty, and would chase anyone away that saw those photos because if you won't even vacuum your floor, remove your foot from the view of the camera and at least try to hide your mess with a blanket like you do in the other photos, how does the buyer know your products are safe and clean? Honestly, I would be afraid of catching an illness from your home because I get the extreme hoarder vibe from your photos.

You say your name is Joe, but your store is Debbie's Barbie emporium, and you are using a logo of a lion that says Joseph Scott Christner Enterprises L.L.C. Sorry to be so rudely blunt but if you live in conditions like this, you don't need to be shipping items to other people's homes.

http://debbiesbarbiemporium.ecrater.com/p/22951258/barbie-fashion-model-collection-b1328

http://debbiesbarbiemporium.ecrater.com/p/22951305/cher-timeless-treasure-barbie-doll-29049
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: