eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Newcomer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Gross! plus $125 for a wardrobe case that I see more foot practically than the case! No measurements and not enough photos to even see what you are getting either.

@Tiger, you are right in that I can scan my patterns, but I also have scanned other solid objects. Here is one example of a box I scanned on all sides on the scanner
http://moonwishesstore.ecrater.com/p/22627193/2-smith-corona-lift-off-correcting#
When the side is zoomed up, you can read the facts for items it can be used with, and no glare/flare anywhere. So if you have a scanner it can be well used for more than just flat items. Ours is a combo scanner/color printer. I'm not charging much of anything for this item, but was willing to take the time to get some decent photos up of the item. I guess I have trouble understanding sellers that want hundreds of dollars for items and they can't be bothered taking or making one decent photo, much less the amount needed for a seller to make any kind of coherent decision about it. I see so much of this when I'm pinning ecrater items and I just skip those. I've even seen photos inserted upside down and write the seller about it and later see that they are still upside down. Is that a marketing technique where a seller thinks a buyer will take more time looking if the photo is upside down??? Rolling Eyes Oh well, I have offered my help and so have you and it is the sellers decision if they want to take it.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no clue what corrections cassettes are, but I have tried scanning non-flat objects, well they are flat on the sides but are not flat like a pattern envelope, and anything that is too thick making the lid unable to close on my scanner, it creates gray streaks across the item and a bright white glow around the edges. I have a good printer, it's an HP laser jet F4400 series with scanner, but if the lid cannot be closed all the way down while scanning is taking place the images become distorted with gray bars and lines. And sometimes on the sides where the white glow appears, there are rainbow colored streaks in that too.

Do you put any white paper over top of your items that are so big the lid will not close or on the sides so it creates a white background when scanned? Because I think the problem with mine and thicker objects, is that since the lid will it close all the way because the object is too thick, light is getting in the way and interferring with the scan so maybe I need to place a piece of paper over top of the item to block out the light. I have never been able to get this scanner working just right but if I could that would help immensely with some harder to photograph items.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try putting a blanker over the big things on the printer.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember doing anything special when I scanned that box. Amazingly it SOLD yesterday! To the UK no less so by the time the buyer bought it plus paid for shipping, they obviously really wanted them! Very Happy Just a minor thrift store score.

@Tiger, I suspect you are too young to know what they were for. Their sweet spot for use was the mid to late 70's to early 90's before computers and printers came out. With typewriters, correcting mistakes was a pain, but these correcting tapes you could press a few keys and it would cover up the wrong letters exactly and then you types over them with the correct word.
tmyusuf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: