eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New seller with lots of questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AVintageAddiction

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: New seller with lots of questions. Reply with quote

Seeking an additional selling venue, after reading about the improvements and increased traffic on ECrater I happily made the decision to join. So, I set up my about page, policies and such and am working on my shipping matrix. No problems that I am aware of.
I imported my ebay store items and they showed up yesterday.
What do I do with them now to make them live in my store?
Where are the other 11 photos?
How do I see how my items look and how my descriptions read to customers?
It appears that each item must have additional search identifiers added, and may be added individually or by bulk. It this correct?
And, UK pricing must be converted by me?
Is there a tutorial that will walk me through the product listing process?
Is there a questions/contact means to work directly with ECrater?
Will any of this be worth the effort?
I am an experienced seller on several other sites and this system is very confusing. I imported over 1300 unique vintage items, I cannot fathom reviewing them one by one.
Thank you to anyone who responds with positive and helpful information.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://avintageaddiction.ecrater.com/p/22948546/antique-lamp-base-diy-electric

Welcome to eCRATER. I looked at the above listing. The eBay import brought a lot of stuff that is not allowed in an eCRATER listing. The description section of the listing is for information about the item being sold only. Size, age, condition, etc.

Other info about your shipping, general terms etc go on the terms page and FAQs. You might be able to use the global editor to remove that info if it is all exactly the same data. Otherwise it will have to be done manually.

I've never used the bulk lister but I believe only the one picture us uploaded and the others have to be copied and pasted or uploaded from your photo files.

When I moved from eBay to eCRATER there was no bulk uploader but from what I hear there has to be so much cosmetic work done to the listings to make them presentable for eCRATER that I really think it is simpler to copy and paste.
AVintageAddiction

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response Maggie. Yes, the descriptions are a mess with no spacing. It looks like I will be taking this the slow way, one at a time.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thrilled to see another vintage seller here.

Good Luck and Welcome.

As Maggie mentioned you do have a bit of tweaking to do on your descriptions. Once you get a handle on things, it will all fall into place.l

May you have many sales here on eC.

Once again, Welcome.
AVintageAddiction

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you MemoryLane.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the site. Just take it slow and easy getting al listingsl in proper order. It's a lot of work, but once it's done, it's done and you can leave your listing up until they sell.

If I were you, I would start fixing the higher priced things first, then go after the Christmas stuff, since that season is coming up soon, and people do start buying Christmas earlier than you think.

You can write long titles here, I think 100 characters, and use all of your allotted pictures whenever possible or necessary.

I wish you a lot of success.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem like an impossible task to do, but I have found (when my internet is working right) that ecrater is the easiest and quickest site I have listed on in all the venues I have used. Other than adding on photos, all listing is done on one page, so even not having to wait for another page to load is fantastic. When I left ebay, I think it was five pages you had to deal with for one listing! Yuck and I was on slow dial up then.

I was another that moved all my stuff my hand, but the copy paste feature can really help with that. I also keep up with my inventory manually and it is doable.

I'm so glad that you realized there was more to do than just dumping your listings and then go lay out on the beach somewhere waiting to make money. That seems to bee what too many 'sellers' do.

This is a great site to sell on, you will need to do your own promoting as well, not just expect the uploads to google that they do to send all your business your way. You can have 100 characters in a title, up to 10 photos, no html to mess with, no dancing reindeer on the site either. Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, you have some nice christmas items.
fromuk2014

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard.

On the photo front I would suggest that not all photos are imported and perhaps only the main image is moved and the rest need adding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: