eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Some People Have The Gull!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Some People Have The Gull! Reply with quote

Just flipping around google for marketplace sites like ECrater. Came across this company called DealsCube. Get this : This guy that runs DealsCube wants to steal a $100 non refundable deposit from anyone that sells on his site.

What a scam, if you go to the site, you'll see on the blue ribbon that he claims its a so called "Free marketplace site". They try to extort people then goes, if you dont pay you get thrown off the site.

THANK GOD FOR ECRATER!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I love ecrater. It's the only place that is honest with its sellers. They don't give us a bunch of terms of use loaded with 17,000 words in small print with hiddens things inside. Everything expected of us is laid out very clearly here, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It may take them a few days to respond to emails but that makes sense, they are a small staff and who knows how many emails they have to answer daily, at least we get a response from a real person and not an automated email that has a bunch of garbage having nothing to do with our question. I hate those sites that make you think a real person will respond to you, then you get a system generated email that says Hi, please refer back to our FAQ page to answer your question and you're like, uh the reason I emailed you was because my answer is NOT listed in your FAQ section!

I like that ecrater is willing to take swift action if someone is violating the rules here in order to make this a safe community and sales site. The less people we have here that are breaking the rules or the laws, the better off we will be. If ecrater eventually develops a reputation for being a safe place to sell and buy, hopefully it will pick up in popularity and also chase scammers away if they know they don't stand a chance here. I cannot thank ecrater enough Dimitri and his staff, for actually taking the time to review claims from sellers of feedback extortion practices. If you can show proof that you were wrongfully given a Neg feedback, they will remove it. On other sites it's like oh well we don't care, you're stuck with it because we don't have time to deal with you, our number one concern is making money not your happiness.

I still don't understand why so many sellers come here and cry when they don't get their way, then they go to forums and bash ecrater like it's a horrible place to sell. I mean, if they tried to go to ebay or elsewhere and pull that junk, they would be stopped abruptly there too because those place are even stricter with their rules, only their rules are not just for the good and safety of the site, their rules place restrictions on their sellers like we are children that need to be chapperoned. So why complain? It doesn't make ecrater a bad place to sell for enforcing the rules, every site is going to enforce the rules and if you cannot handle them, then you don't need to sell online. Go to a flea market, there are less rules there or have a daily yard sale for most of the summer if your city allows it and it will be on your property so you can treat people however you want.

I always try to defend ecrater when I see people bashing the staff on other sites. I do not argue with the people saying those things, I just make a post for everyone else to see to set the record straight so they know ecrater is not like that person claims them to be. I want them to know the only reason that person is posting things like that is because they violated the rules and got mad when they got suspended for something serious like counterfeiting. I do this because every forum I have seen devoted to selling, there are a handful of people there trying to ruin ecrater's rep and I cannot stand back and watch them do that, when everything they are claiming is lies. But these people are doing some damage, you may not think so, but I have spoken to many buyers now that say they are afraid to come here to buy, because so and so told them blah blah....which isn't even true.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We think in the recent years like the past 2 Ecrater changed. Before we've noticed from other sellers that it was too strict, and for what. They probably lost alot of business, but when they took notice that it was the sellers that drive this marketplace and the business model is that the sellers are the ones that make this place happen, they lightened up.

The buyer is in and out and seldomly seen again. A group of sellers are here every single day since the first day they opened their store. There are some sellers such as ourselves and you, that are in the forums keeping the discussions going and operating it like a community. So there are 2 parts.

Still think feedback is a bad thing though, because instead of being on your own, they adopted EBay's old nasty habits. And it can be easily used as attack or defense against a seller. The whole point is commerce not little games some buyers do. If there's a problem with a transaction, thats why sellers and buyers talk. Buyers deliberately fake disputes to blackmail sellers, attempt to steal merchandise and deliberately lie on disputes (some), they think they can just say whatever they want to say and their worthless words are automatically believed. Some we've seen, will attempt to scam, then see our policies and procedures, and stop dead in their tracks because they know immediately, they cant win. Its not we're right its not that the buyers right, its what the policies where that the buyer agreed upon at the time of purchase. If you dont like the policies, buy the item someplace else. But if you do buy the item from our store, the buyer is expected to follow those terms. Not buy the item and then try to change the terms.

Well anyways. we personally feel that ECrater has lightened up in the recent years and we had out doubts when we first opened shop here, but for the past 5 to 6 months, we cant complain. There just needs to be a bulk update tool for sellers to update pricing! We had to scrap the UK operations on this site because it was WAY to time consuming editing each product. Even for the US we have to do it item by item. But our sales are generated in the US. We dont percentage discount items with their Global Editor because thats not realistic. Prices for individual products dont go up and down as a group by percentages. Individual products go up in price and some go down, others stay the same. When we attempted to address Ecrater about the Bulk Update feature, they skirted around the topic, which gives us the impression that its not going to happen. They kept on referring to the Global Update, which has caused problems with our store, repricing our products instead of multiplying the shipping by 0.99 to reduce it by 1% it set every single item valued over $20 at .99 shipping. We checked the editor and it was a multiplication feature not a set all prices to. So we're not a fan of it.

But overall we cant complain for having this site as a secondary store. Its better than their competitor BJ thats for sure! That site is dead in the water, looks Ecrater forgot to teach BJ how to swim!
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and about what you said about other people bashing Ecrater on other sites. It goes to show buyer stupidity once more. They know that it was the seller that scammed them not Ecrater. They get all mad because they want everyone else to do the work for them and when they see that they have to actually lift a finger, they get all antsy. They complain not because if they got scammed, its the fact that they were too lazy to see the warning signs or whatever....Woudlnt worry about it that much. Because anyone with a 1/2 brain will read the first 2 words and know it wasnt Ecrater, it was either the seller, the buyer trying to pull their scams and deliberately lying on the review site to make themselves sound like the innocient victim. Who knows. People like that you dont need and never want around. They are just bad for business all around.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're just amazed on just how many sales we are getting for a marketplace. We're not complaining, at first we were worried about all the time we put it. Its not a busy as a normal store but we're not complaining.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your post is very confusing. You opened your UC store this year, do you have another store as well? Major changes don't happen often here, how has eCrater changed that made you happy?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: