eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Require phone number during checkout Not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Require phone number during checkout Not working Reply with quote

the Require phone number during checkout is not working. The reason perhaps is that ecraters checkout doesnt rely on the actual checkout and it passes along the paypal information instead of what the buyer enters. So this function for the most part is useless for people that take paypal.

any thoughts?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found out why, if you take paypal you dont even hit Ecraters checkout system, buyers are thrown directly to paypal instead of using Ecraters checkout then go to paypal. defeats the purpose Evil or Very Mad
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was probably put in there back in the day before PP Express. Then it had meaning (sort of) because it did not prevent someone from entering "NOPHONE#"
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
It was probably put in there back in the day before PP Express. Then it had meaning (sort of) because it did not prevent someone from entering "NOPHONE#"

Oh yeah, that field was there before PP express. I think it used to be required for everyone but then they changed it to not required so buyers don't have to fill out that field unless paying thru Stripe and you select the option to require a phone number. I don't remember for sure, but I do know that before my customer's phone number always showed up in the orders section under their name, now since we can choose if a number is required or not, my Stripe orders do not show that anymore as I don't require it.

But that function is mainly for Stripe orders. Paypal has never shown me my buyer's number, just their email address.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: