eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Sale Pricing Items

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kateskrossstitchkreations

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Sale Pricing Items Reply with quote

I want to put certain items on sale. How do I do that to show the original price and then the sale price to let people know the items really are at a sale price and not the a ploy to get them to think an item has been lowered in price?

If I just adjust the price down, there is no way for a customer to tell it's really a sale. I don't see a way to do that on my admin.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way to do what you are requesting. The only thing I could suggest would be to put a triangle in one corner of the default image, with something like "reduced by 10%", but that may run afoul of various Google rules on images.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
No way to do what you are requesting. The only thing I could suggest would be to put a triangle in one corner of the default image, with something like "reduced by 10%", but that may run afoul of various Google rules on images.

Yeah, that might affect your google rankings, they hate that.

Or you could also just use the global editor to add a temporary message that says this item was reduced in price by 10% the price you see is the current price with the 10% already deducted. But there is no way to display regular price and sale price. I think I remember a seller asked for ecrater to add this option a while back and most others replied and said it would not be a good idea, it would inspire too many bargain minded buyers to come here and then some customers would expect every store to offer the sales prices just because others were offering them.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: