eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Attributes for a Magazine Listing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Google Attributes for a Magazine Listing Reply with quote

Hi.
Can anyone tell me what is meant by:
"ATTRIBUTE NAME" and "ATTRIBUTE VALUE", if I am listing a Simple,Magazine?
Do I even need to list an attribute?
I noticed that the magazine has a total of 14 large,and small numbers that
are placed at different heights on the bar code. Does anyone know if I only need the 1st,10,or 12 Digit numbers that are placed at the Bottom,Center of the bar code? If I do,are those numbers suppose to be placed on the "Attribute Name"slot or the Attribute Value"slot.. What is Google looking for for the other Attribute slot,be it,Attribute,Value,or,Attribute Name?
Thanx
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an article explaining the barcoding for magazines. It looks like they have 14 numbers which makes them different from other barcodes, the last two meaning what issue it is.

I am not sure, but I would put in all 14 numbers. Keep checking on your Google feed status, and if it gets rejected, then delete the last 2 numbers, and see if that was the problem.

http://www.upccode.net/barcodes_for_magazines.php

Once everything is OK with Google and your one magazine barcode, then you can input any other magazine barcodes according to the format that Google wants for magazines.

If you have a barcode available to you for your product, then yes, you should input it.
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the FAST Reply!
There are 2 Slots for the Google Attributes..
1 Slot says: "ATTRIBUTE VALUE.
1 Slot says "ATTRIBUTE NAME"
Do which one is for the BAR CODE.,and what the other one is for?
THX
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the attribute name, you would put UPC, in the attribute value you would put the actual barcode or UPC numbers

UPC to the left, numbers to the right
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your magazine has a brand, on the next line of attributes, you would put Brand on the left, and the name of the brand on the right.
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANXXX I'll try it!
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"TEAM BELLA" cover--
VERY GOOD-PLUS CONDITION 90-95% PERFECT (B+)
Unread,or Barely read once..
Not found On Ebay
USA SALES ONLY!
FREE SHIPPING VIA ECONOMY MAIL WITHIN 1-2 BUSINESS DAYS AFTER CREDIT CARD PAYMENT CLEARS.. SORRY,NO PAYPAL

The above is in your description area. You want the product description only, there. Those are Google's rules. USA Sales only, belongs in your FAQs. Anything about shipping, credit cards payments, etc. belongs in your FAQs or Terms and Conditions.

If you can add more pictures, that would be very good. Maybe some pics of the inside pages or the back cover or any flaws in the magazine.
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re:Google Attributes Reply with quote

Thanx! I'll make the changes
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your About section, you should change the word sale to sell. Try to expand your descriptions. Maybe tell about some of the articles that are in each magazine, that is of interest to buyers. Think of what people do when buying a magazine in a store, They cannot do that online, so you have to do it for them.
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Google Attributes Reply with quote

Thanx.. I'll make the changes
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Magazine "CONDITION" description posting Reply with quote

Hello.
Thanx for your advice regarding the set up of my magazine posts..
One last questions..
-In what section do I post the "Individual Condition Descriptions" for each Separate Magazine? In other words,what if a magazine is Graded as "GOOD" condition,and,another magazine is Graded at: "NEAR MINT"condition.. Where would I place those Specs?
THanx again for all of your help!
Chloe
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: A Magazines "BRAND" Reply with quote

Hi..
I forgot to ask you what you meant by a magazines "BRAND"
What is that??
Thx
Chloe
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand would be something like Life magazine. You would put Brand on the left side and Life on the right. The condition of your magazines should go in the description. And you would describe any flaws. You could put the grade there too, if you are confident of it.
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: magazine "Brands" Reply with quote

Thanx!
Chloe
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here at ecrater there isn't any place to quantify the good, very good, mint, sorts of things. It is either listed as used or new, period. You can put the condition of the used magazines within the description. Even a new magazines you should repeat about the new (only if you are sure it is new, if you are sure it should be listed as used).

If you are trying to sell a lot of magazines, list each one and the condition in your description. There is nothing I hate worse when buying magazines on line is those in a lot that has one picture and a description that says here is a lot of magazines, email me with questions. I'm not going to bother with questions, I want them answered in the first place. You should always have both the publication date of a magazine and the issue number if you can find it. At one point I wanted to round up ALL issues of a magazine that I didn't possess. It took me awhile and at times I had to buy 2-3 magazines in a lot that I already had to get the elusive one I wanted. I did it though Very Happy By the time I finished getting them all the whole set was selling for around $600-800 on line and then the publisher brought out a DVD/CD? with ALL the magazines on it. As I like to get comfy when looking through magazines and the disc was very pricey, I didn't want it. I love being able to grab one of the issues to look something up if I need to. All that to make it clear why info in a description is so important. I ONLY bought from the non-lazy sellers that listed the important details that I needed to know. This can be translated to just about anything for sale actually which is why I never understand the sellers with 4-5 word descriptions. Rolling Eyes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: