eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Fraud attempt again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOPPER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Fraud attempt again Reply with quote

a buyer sent the order form from eCrater to look like he paid , then a couple of Qs emails asking me to change the name on the shipping address. I LOOKED at the Paypal site and NO payment after hours.....FRAUD ATTEMPT!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May not be a fraud attempt. Many times, a customer will contact the wrong seller because that seller has the same item they bought from someone else, but they neglected to save their order confirmation emails or to write down the seller's name and contact info. so when the order is late arriving, they come to ecrater in hopes of finding the seller in the marketplace to contact them, but since they forgot who they bought from they see another seller offering the exact same product and just assume that since you also have what they bought, that you must be the person they ordered from.

It's happened to me a few times and to Moonwishes as well. Before you go accusing this person of fraud, review the email they sent you again. It may be in your best interest to just tell them you are not the seller they ordered from and that they have you confused with another seller that has similar products, and direct them to the ecrater staff who can help them figure out who they actually ordered from.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you got the order notification from ecrater and no payment, then you may need to send the buyer a PP invoice. If you didn't get the notification and the order isn't in your order list, then proceed as Tiger mentioned. This is not necessarily fraud. I just sounds like a guy that thinks he paid for something and wants to get it.

It is very hard to fraud a seller when buying something, they can really only do that when the item gets in their hands and then they want to claim that it isn't right. (unless they stole the credit card) Much better on your stress levels to always assume they made a MISTAKE than that they are trying to pull something on you, since who is going to send something unless they got paid for it????
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud attempt again Reply with quote

TOPPER wrote:
a buyer sent the order form from eCrater to look like he paid
I'm not sure how this could happen. The email notice comes from eCrater and only states the payment method the buyer said they were going to use. If you want to stop this type of activity, why don't you switch to PayPal Express instead of PayPal Standard. With PayPal Express you are not notified until they have paid. I always double check on PayPal to see the payment, but you wouldn't receive the email from eCrater until after payment.

Also, PayPal has been glitchy recently according to what I've read on several sites. I wasn't able to log in at all this afternoon. Thank goodness my customer with a big order could login and paid. Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Paypal has been glitchy. Took me 5 tries the other day to login, finally got in my account but then it took me 4 more attempts to get to the screen where I could print my customer's shipping label. It made me mad. Took me 15 daggon mintues to print ONE label.

This was Saturday and the mail comes earlier here that day and my buyer ordered just after my same day shipping cut off time but the mail still had not arrived yet so I was trying to hurry up and get their order in the mail before the mail lady came because it was a large box, they ordered several items and almost emptied one of my subcategories completely out with their purchase so it would not fit in the box and I still had to write a note to place in the mail box asking the mail lady if she'd grab that package off my porch for me. So I was worried I would not get that all done before she came. But luckily I made it in time. My buyer was in PA, and I'm in OH. Order was picked up on Saturday around 1:45 p.m. and my buyer got the package on Monday around 3:35 p.m. so I got a really nice 5 star review on my Facebook page for the fast service.

I live in a rural area with lots of dogs and very alert gun toting neighbors LOL, so trust me, no one is going to mess with any packages on my porch or they'd end up with either gettin bitten by one of the local dogs or catch a bullet in their A-double-S. I live in a state and county where gun rights are heavily supported here and rural citizens have the right to defend themselves with their guns if you catch someone stealing from you, but the local law enforcement said we have to fire a warning shot first and if they keep running with your stolen belongings in hand we can shoot but only to render them immobile.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a sign today that said, "Due to the increased cost of ammunition, we no longer fire a warning shot".
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Fraud attempt again Reply with quote

TOPPER wrote:
a buyer sent the order form from eCrater to look like he paid , then a couple of Qs emails asking me to change the name on the shipping address. I LOOKED at the Paypal site and NO payment after hours.....FRAUD ATTEMPT!

That's not fraud. That's kids pretending to be adults or adults pretending to be kids. Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Due to the increased cost of ammunition, we no longer fire a warning shot".

That is a good one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: