eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Here's a challenge for your own good

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Here's a challenge for your own good Reply with quote

Another trick of Doctor Dementia to test your skills...

Can you meet this challenge?

I've seen this with the letters out of order, but this is the first time I've seen it with numbers.
Good example of a Brain Study:
If you can read this OUT LOUD you have a strong mind.

And better than that:
Alzheimer's is a long long, way down the road before it ever gets anywhere near you.

7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5
C4N D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!
1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W,
0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17
4U70M471C4LLY W17H 0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG
4B0U7 17, B3 PROUD!
0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.

To my 'selected' strange-minded friends:
Only great minds can read this. This is weird, but interesting!

If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid, too.

Can you raed this? Olny 55 people out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod
aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal
pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at
Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the
ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that
the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset
can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a
pboerlm. This is bcuseaethe huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh?
Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a problem reading any of those before. It's because our brains do not see words as a whole, like the letters in order, LOVE. Our brains only see the letters that form the word and see them as separate L. O. V. E so no matter what order they are displayed in, some of us can still read the words like EOVL.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with them either. What I don't understand is why I have such a problem with foreign languages I've studied that are spelled correctly.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/cna-yuo-raed-tihs/

They say that only 55 people out of 100 can read that way. I would believe this number to be higher (considering that I never found someone who could not read it). What do you think?

I wonder why they only put the percentage at 55% ? Other sites have much higher a percent too.

tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I studied psychology, took 3 classes in college as my electives and this was one of things we covered in class in PSYCH 1.

I think the way they worded those percentages is flawed, because most sites seems to place the percentage at 55%. What they should have said is that, 55% of those who are normal and have average or above average learning abilities can always read this because it's how everyone's brain is programmed to work so everyone should be able to understand this.

However, the remaining 45% they are referring to is those who have severe learning disabilities. No not people with autism, those people are usually very intelligent (some far more intelligent than we are) they just learn in their own special way. Actually, many people with autism would have fun with these challenges, as they love word puzzles and numbers games. (I have a 2nd cousin with autism, he is very intelligent with pattern, word games, and numbers and very well behaved but he functions on the level of an 8 year old when it comes to his hobbies and interests and he is 34 years old). But I was referring to people that have severe problems that are unable to function but maybe they can read a little. It has also been suggested that some schizophrenics are unable to dechiper this but it all depends. I have met a few schizo's that could work at Nasa building rockets they were so incredibly gifted, but others that were in their own little world and couldn't comprehend some basic things.

Also, people with dyslexia can have problems with this because words already appear jumbled to them anyway however, I believe it may help some people with that condition. If they normally see regular words backwords, well maybe turning it around and showin it to them backwards would cause them to see it the correct way? Just speculation on that one.

But you get the idea. And I highly doubt that 45% of individuals here on earth have a severe mental disbility. I don't mean mental disability like bipolar, depression, anxiety etc. I mean those with learning challenges, to put the term in a non-offensive way.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: