eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Opening up my own Antique Mall

View previous topic :: View next topic  
comicscardsandmore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Opening up my own Antique Mall Reply with quote

Hey everyone!
On September 1st, 2015, I'll be opening Time Machine Antique Mall (190 Mid Rivers Ctr, St. Peters, MO 63376)!
It's a pretty exciting time and chances are I'll either be putting my Ecrater store on hold or may have to close it down altogether.
We'll be carrying antiques, collectibles, retro items, re-purposed, and other interesting merchandise. St. Peters is about 18 miles west of St. Louis, MO so if you find yourself in the area, please stop by and say 'hi!"
Aaron

www.timemachineAM.Com

facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/TimeMachineAntiqueMall
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can keep your store open but just place it on hold in case you decide to still offer a small inventory on here after you get a feel for how busy your new venture will have you. Or in case this doesn't work out as expected. A lot of these antiques stores go out of business in just a year or two and you never know how yours will do until you have been running it for several months, so I would not delete your store here just yet. You have a lot of sales and feedback which took you a lot of work to build up, so it may be worth it to keep the store but just place it on hold so it's always there if you ever need it again.

And you can always log in on occasion and open a listing, then hit submit without making any changes to it, so your store will show as still being updated on occasion. In case ecrater ever decides to crack down on inactive stores, yours would be on hold but ecrater would see that you are still logging in every 3-5 weeks. I wish you luck, but I tried the B&M thing before. I was renting a small store then the rates increased way too much out of nowhere so I moved to a smaller space with cheaper rent in the same strip mall and someone broke into 3 stores, mine being one of them, and they stole my most valuable collectors items. The strip mall owner didn't tell us they were raising the rent to account for the high number of break-ins there recently so they could repair damaged windows and property without reporting to their insurance company who keeps raising their deductable.

It was in a nicer area of town, but apparently the riff raft from across the bad side of the railroad tracks were coming over here to steal. So I gave up and brought all of my stuff home with me and closed up shop, then most of my remaining inventory was burned up in my home when a mentally ill neighbor sat our apartment complex on fire. So you never know what will happen. I was glad I had my ecrater store to come back to because I sure as heck wasn't expecting anything like that to happen.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Aaron! I checked out your website and facebook page. How exciting. I think it would be great fun to have a Mall. I've sold in three different Malls in our area and always thought it would be fun to open my own. Looks like you are doing a great job, congratulations!

I agree with Tiger that it would be wise to simply place your eCrater store on hold. You never know when you might want to have an online presence and you already have an established site.

Do keep us updated. If I was in the St. Peters, MO area, I'd be interested.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well good luck. And I used to be in St. Louis every other week, but have not been back in a few years.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the other posters. Keep your eCRATER store open and keep a few things active in it. You have feedback to die for and you will regret losing it should your mall turn out not to be financially viable.

Good luck however. I love antique and collectible malls but where I live they bite the dust quickly. Too many participants fall by the wayside and the name on the lease is left holding the bag.

When you get it up and running and have a logo, etc. post the info here so your eCRATER friends can promote you on FB, Twitter etc.
comicscardsandmore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the advice and it will be taken. If I change anything, it will be to put the store on 'hold'.
Thanks and the invite is still open - drop in and say 'hi!'.
Aaron
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will give you a LIKE on facebook.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: