eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi Everyone!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJMachineEmbroidery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Hi Everyone! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone! I finally have my shop set up and have added over one hundred listings. I still have about a thousand to go! Laughing I have been lurking and reading everything that I can, but I would love some actual feedback on my shop. Does everything look OK or are there things that I should work on improving?

Thanks and nice meeting you all!
Julie
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.
I know nothing about machine embroidery but to my know nothing eyes your store looks well set up. Good photos, seems like a good bit of info that machine embroiderers will probably understand, and your about and terms pages were good.

Not sure about the international taxes on digital traansmissions but I think it is left to the buyer to take care of. We can't collect tax for countries and states where we do not have a physical presence, i.e. an office or distribution center.
JJMachineEmbroidery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks maggiethehousecat!

The rules for collecting EU Digital Vat changed at the beginning of this year. The buyer is required to pay it, but the seller is required to collect and remit it to the proper authorities even if you are in the USA. (Unless you are selling on a venue that is required to collect it.) It is all very confusing. I am starting to wonder if I will ever figure it out!
wendysbookstore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater! Smile

Your store looks good.
JJMachineEmbroidery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You wendysbookstore! Very Happy
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eC.

I hope you do well. Your shop has been set up with a lot of care and attention to detail. I especially like the fact that you have a faq section that reiterates what you have stated in other areas. Sometimes people like the question and answer format because the information can get lost in paragraph form.

Everything looks Great!

Good Luck.

Once again, Welcome.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Julie, very nice and I DO know about machine embroidery. I bought a Janome 8000 from my dealer when they first came out and they didn't even have one in their shop yet! I've gone up from there but still sew and embroider on Janomes.

I do have a small suggestion on your 'Christmas' designs. Calling those particular designs that you have up already 'Christmas' ones would make you lose the eyes of the Jews, Muslims and atheist, etc. since they wouldn't be looking for Christmas designs in general. They are, however, Winter designs and should be called that or something close to it.

While many of the design companies have come a long way with adding in designs for non-'Christian' people groups, there are still not enough designs out there for Kwanza, Hanukkah, etc. I had a Jewish woman write me when I had posted a link to Jewish designs in my blog, she was so grateful to finally find something that she could use for her celebrations.

Anyhow, a very fun hobby to have and hope you do well. I will try to remember to link to your store in my blog when I'm 'working' tomorrow.

BTW, we are not set up for collecting VAT and duty taxes whatever the law says in the EU. I sell internationally and I leave that to the buyers to deal with. How would we know where and how much to submit in the way of taxes to those foreign countries? I get tired of politicians making stupid laws on things they know nothing about and expecting people to deal with it. Just like the lawmakers here demanding that we collect sales tax for every state, town and locality in the US (over 400 taxes!). Those guys have no clue the work we do to make $10 and then they want us to have to hire an accountant or two just for the tax aspect of our business! Ridiculous!!!
JJMachineEmbroidery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtMemoryLane, Thank You! Smile
JJMachineEmbroidery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore, Thank you so much for the feedback. I will definitely put some thought into your suggestions. You are so right, machine embroidery is fun..... and very addictive! Laughing
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your patterns are not shipped out, not printed on paper and mailed to the buyer, if they are EMAILED you need to specify this in your listing. I saw where you included formats the patterns were available in which to me, makes me think you are selling digital emailed patterns.

If so, you need to included this in your listings, let the buyer know the pattern will be emailed as a file NOT a tangible item mailed to their house. I have seen many buyers get confused over this stuff and file disputes with Paypal and leave negative feedback because they thought they were buying a printed version of the pattern. So fix that, or else if a buyer files a claim to paypal saying they thought they were getting a real item in the mail, if paypal views your listing as it currently is you will lose the dispute and will be forced to refund the buyer.
JJMachineEmbroidery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts, Thanks for taking the time to look over my listings! Smile

I used to have that information in my listings and would love to add it back but I read that putting shipping info in the listing is considered boilerplate text.

I do have that info on my home page, in the FAQ section, and in the Terms and because of your suggestion added it to the About page. Do you think that would be sufficient for PP?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, someone who read the rules.You have no idea how many people don't. As someone that first thought you were selling patches, I think it would be ok to add a sentence like, "This pattern would be sent by email" or something similar would not be against the rules. You can always ask staff, they are a great group and you will get a real answer, not something cut and pasted. It just may take a bit. I hope you do well here.
JJMachineEmbroidery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
Wow, someone who read the rules.

This made me laugh. I know exactly what you mean. I try to read everything I can, but things are still a bit confusing sometimes. Laughing
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not considered boilerplate to add a message letting the buyer know they are purchasing an emailed file that they have to print up themselves as opposed to a printed pattern in an envelope that will be mailed. I have listed and sold digital graphics and have had to include a message so my buyers knew this was only a file they use for digital scrapbooking or print it out and frame it themselves so they did not expect to receive an actual print or poster in the mail and I was never disapproved by google or told that I was using boilerplate by the staff.

I actually asked a staff member about this once before and was told it would only be considered boilerplate if you list things like your shipping provider, prices, delivery times, asking buyers to leave feedback etc. in your descriptions. And just to be on the safe side in case google has their bots set to automatically flag descriptions as boilerplate with the word shipping appearing in the text, I used the word "mailed" instead of shipped. But google does have some exemptions in place as there are sellers who sell bulk packages of shipping envelopes so what are they supposed to do? Get flagged for putting "shipping envelopes" in their description and titles?

So google does have work around, I have searched for sellers offering bulk lots of shipping envelopes on google shopping and they come up in the search just fine, if they were disapproved for using the term shipping all together, their listings would not have appeared online in google shopping at all. Google goes by the overall context of your description. So they can tell the difference between "this is a digital file, not a tangible good that will be mailed to you" and "this item will be mailed to you via priority mail for $6.95". So you can always contact the staff and ask them to clarify this to you as I think I would be more worried about getting canned by paypal for having a SNAD claim even if it was purely accidental because paypal doesn't care either way, you get a SNAD claim and they will refund the buyer no questions asked and ecrater would be hesistant to remove any bad feedback. Get enough SNAD claims and paypal will lock your account and only dispense your money to you every 21 days, maybe even longer.

The boilerplate thing is a google rule and ecrater mentions it here to let sellers know so we don't have more disapproved items than need be. Ecrater tries to enforce it because they have to make google happy if they wish to continue working with google. If google thinks there are too many ecrater sellers using boilerplate they may become more strict on all of us or refuse to submit any more feeds from ecrater period. So it's not something that will get you in trouble with ecrater, but it is a google rule if you wish to be considered for inclusion in google shopping.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJMachineEmbroidery wrote:
I do have that info on my home page, in the FAQ section, and in the Terms and because of your suggestion added it to the About page. Do you think that would be sufficient for PP?

That depends. As for paypal, I would give them a call and ask to speak to someone in the claims department, they can tell you what their criteria are. I used to have some additional info on my listings as well, not really boilerplate but I removed it a few years back just to be safe and I had a difficult buyer that wanted a refund on an opened and half eaten food product because she didn't like the flavor as well as she thought she would.

I did not include any specific details on the listing about returns as that would have been boilerplate so I asked paypal, if I have a disclaimer on my terms page about this, even if she did not read my terms page, am I still liable to refund her and they said no. If the buyer failed to read your terms page that is their fault because you do have that information available in at least one place within your store. I told her my listing said all sales final, but due to google and ecrater rules I was not allowed to mention any specfics in the listing about returns that are accepted or the refunds process and such, and when the buyer contacted them to complain, paypal sided with me.

But contact them anyway, because I have heard about people having that info in their listings anyway and still be liable for a SNAD claim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: