eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Listing Template (sell similar)?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ValleyVintage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Listing Template (sell similar)? Reply with quote

I read a review that claimed you could duplicate a listing to sell something similar - to just change the variable(s), but have not been able to find a way to do it.

Is there such a function, like the "sell similar" button on ebay? That one basically duplicates the listing so everything is filled in and all I have to do is change it to fit the similar item.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is a place...and it is easy to use.

1. sign in.
2. go to PRODUCTS
3. locate the produce you want to duplicate
4. Once you have located it - do not open it - to the right of it you will see six little squares - the one you want is the center square that looks like two little pieces of paper. It means "duplicate". You can use this. It will be a duplicate of what you just opened without pics. You can delete what you want and add what you want to alter your listing.

I hope this helps you out.

edited to change produce to product
ValleyVintage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I was looking and looking in all the wrong places!
Laughing
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this duplicate (called copy) function even when the items are nothing similar. It takes a long time to enter Google attributes and using the copy feature means you can keep the attributes on the left side and just change the values on the right. If I am listing a scarf I can scroll down to the last scarf I listed and copy it, or I can scroll down to the last figurine and copy it.

When you erase the old copy make sure you don't erase the attributes or you have defeated the purpose.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ValleyVintage, remember the photos are not duplicated! I've been on a roll listing in the past and suddenly questioned if I hit the duplicate button or opened the original. If there's a photo, you're looking at the original. Maybe it's only happened to me, but I've found it helpful to remember "no photo in a copy".
ValleyVintage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: What a time saver Reply with quote

I'm so glad I finally found out how to do this. I had a number of pieces of pottery in the same pattern and saved a lot of time on the google attributes, as well as the categories, etc.

Thanks guys (and not having the photo duplicated actually is good for me, because I never have the same photo for two ads.0 I can see where that might be a problem for folks with a different type of sale item (mine's mostly vintage).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe it's only happened to me, but I've found it helpful to remember "no photo in a copy".

Sheila--you are not alone!

Don't forget when copying a listing and you change your prices in UK and AUS, that if for some reason something goofs up like your title being too big or the photo too big or you forgot the weight, etc. Your Prices will revert back to what they had been in the listing you were copying. I found this out the nice way when something I had normally priced at $6.99 sold for $10.99 in the UK (after currency conversion). Took me awhile to figure out why it happened, but you sure don't want that happening in reverse!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: