eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why does it do this ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Why does it do this ? Reply with quote

I should know the answer, but I don't

Open up my cosmicbricks store by clicking on Preview. The store displays in list mode, just as I want it to. Use the "New Only" option to filter out the items marked Used. That works, but if you are sorting in Date mode, it also reverses the sequence of the date sort.

Initially it is showing me the most recent items. But when I apply the New Only, then the oldest items are being displayed on the first page of results. Is this the expected behavior ?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not supposed to work like that but we all know that ecrater has many glitches that have yet to be resolved. The same thing happens for me. If I start applying more than one filter type while doing a test search in my store, it seems that the search takes on a mind of its own and the order of the products becomes jumbled and scrambled or like you said, backwards in order by date.

You could mention it to ecrater but they have not been looking into any of our suggestions recently at all, so I doubt they will see this as a top priority fix. Seems to me, ecrater is more concerned these days with adding new premium options that they can charge for instead of first fixing the existing options that remain flawed.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a bug.

I can trick it into doing the correct thing. When I select New Only, there is no parameter to specify the sort order, only the parameter for New Only filtering. If I change it to lowest price sort, then back to date sort, it gets both the parameters for the date sort and for New Only filtering.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: