eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Placed a order, seller no tracking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

school-yearbooks wrote:
Is it possible these days to ship anything other than possibly book rate and not get a tracking number? The USPS gives free tracking to Priority Mail and UPS and Fed Ex have free tracking

If they shipped it Parcel Select, that could take a while (depends on the distance involved). The seller is not collecting sales tax, so there is no telling where the package would ship from. If they are shipping from China, I don't even want to guess at the delivery time. There is a lack of information about the seller's operations.

@Rebelpartnersincrime

If the seller is not responding to you, it may be time to talk to the bank that issues your card.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because PayPal now offers direct credit card payment without you needing to have a paypal account, you may have paid by CC with PP acting as the processor. Did you get a payment receipt when you paid? If so then you paid via PayPal. You should still file a complaint with PayPal. You do need to keep all emails between you and the seller.

If your seller is a drop shipper it may take extra time for the shipper to process the order. Some shippers are great and others pretty lousy.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the seller himself has to wait to get the item from China before he can ship it, or is ordering the item from a another person and will have that person send it to this op. That is why Ecrater has the rule about no drop shippers.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
That is why Ecrater has the rule about no drop shippers.
Just to be clear for others that may be reading this topic, eCRATER does allow drop shipping. The Terms of Service prohibit "Items from drop ship service networks" and this was clarified by ecrater-moon in the News & System Status section in this topic [url] http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33411[/url] Items from Drop Shipping Networks.

@Maggie, the seller does not currently list PayPal as a payment method in their store.

In my view, the problem began when the OP purchased from a store that states no shipping policy. The OP states in their opening statement that they placed their order "a few weeks ago" and the seller "sent ... without a tracking number". The order was for 6 blankets with free shipping. Now we all know there is NO free shipping service, either the buyer pays or the seller pays. So the seller is paying for the shipping and gave the buyer a $60.00 discount. The buyer reported here at 8:06 am that they sent a message to eCRATER and at 11:43 they report they've gotten no response from anyone. ??? That's less than 4 hours. The seller may have a day job and can't check email except at lunch, or they may only be available for email after hours. The marketplace has a small staff and sometimes can take more than 24 hours to answer. Then they state "It has been 16 days." The FTC does not REQUIRE a seller to state their shipping terms UNLESS the delivery is expected to be greater than 30 days from the time the order was placed. At this point it's only been 16 days from the purchase date. (Not good customer service from a seller, but contacting the "local Sheriff's dept" when the seller says they shipped is really pointless.) I would assume the seller used the cheapest possible shipping method and possibly used a drop shipping service, so I don't think 16 days is a cause for alarm. (Poor service, yes, but not necessarily a problem.)
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's why he should contact his credit card company and inquire about the purchase. The credit card company deals with claims like this all the time and they will tell the buyer what they can or can not do.

I think the blankets were drop shipped from China and that's going to take a while.

Accident or on purpose with the positioning of the price label? lol

cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

school-yearbooks wrote:
I think the blankets were drop shipped from China and that's going to take a while.

Even if true, the seller should be communicating with the buyer (and indicate that).
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It has been 16 days

You still have time. I understand when you said "weeks" was near a month.

Quote:
Not good customer service from a seller, but contacting the "local Sheriff's dept" when the seller says they shipped is really pointless.

Yeah, the seller needs to improve a lot. Beginning with taking the lazy attitude and fill up the details in the store. About the buyer, needs to be more realistic about shipping (time and cost), if you paid with a credit card isn't needed to go in paranoia, have patience, and when you share the issue always give/explain details of the issue.

Now for the eCrater administration. It isn't the 1rst or last time some buyer has issues with sellers. I know it will not stop the issue/problem. But I recommend to has less about the issue. It is time eCrater implement some requirements (like filling FAQs, Contact, Terms, etc.) before stores get active. Not matter is the seller is part-time or hobby seller or full time. At least let have some more people really interesting in the site and just parking/storage stuff in the site.

PD
Rebelpartnersincrime, please next time. Try to choose a better nickname when you write in a forum.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is for sellers with active stores which is why ONLY SELLERS can create accounts here and not buyers too. So opening a store account which automatically gives you a blank store just to ask about something you bought uses bandwidth space on ecrater that was reserved for store owners.

If you have a problem why would you not contact the seller? and if the seller is just not contacting you back why would you think it would be easier to open an account with no intention of creating a store, wait 2 days to login here, then ask the other sellers who have no clue of what is really going on since you didn't order from anyone on this forum, how is that easier than emailing ecrater directly to locate the store owner?

Last edited by tigercreekgifts on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
It is time eCrater implement some requirements (like filling FAQs, Contact, Terms, etc.) before stores get active. Not matter is the seller is part-time or hobby seller or full time. At least let have some more people really interesting in the site and just parking/storage stuff.

Elpereles, ecrater does have some of these things as requirements now for the live store view to be seen by the public but it only applies to stores recently created so anyone that has had their store for several months or years and never bothered to fill out this info before, they can continue to leave their stores blank. Newer stores have a slightly different set up process than older stores.

I just don't see how anyone could place an order and not first take a look at the store, read their policies and see their feedback scores and if they have no info filled out and no feedback yet just don't order from that person. I never buy anything from the marketplace without first visiting the sellers store to look into them further. Unlike ebay, everyone has a store here. I think people just get so used to buying from ebay where some people have stores and others do not and assume the same to be true here so some don't even think to check to see if that person has a store.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

school-yearbooks wrote:

via Imgflip Meme Maker

via Imgflip Meme Maker
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the same. Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use this as an excuse to not buy from ecrater sellers however. Most of us are good dependable sellers with great track records. If they have lousy feedbacks steer clear of them though. Don't let one rotten apple spoil the whole bunch.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Don't use this as an excuse to not buy from ecrater sellers however. Most of us are good dependable sellers with great track records. If they have lousy feedbacks steer clear of them though. Don't let one rotten apple spoil the whole bunch.

Too many people do this. Blame the whole site for one lousy seller. It's the ebay mentality again. When these buyers get ripped off by one bad apple, when they realize that ecrater won't give them a bunch of free stuff plus a full refund like ebay forces their sellers to do, they get mad because they didn't get their way and blame the whole site. Mostly dishonest buyers do that because they realize ecrater is not like ebay and it's not so easy to scam a seller here and get away with it. So just babies pitching fits. I have seen a lot of people like that posting bad comments about ecrater and making up lies about Dimitar on other forums, and it was obvious they were upset because they wanted everything to be their way or the highway.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all my years of selling well over 20,000 items, I have maybe not been able to carry though with an order at most 10 times. So I felt bad when someone ordered a pattern once and I couldn't find it anywhere and wrote and told the buyer, immediately refunded her money and probably offered to send her something else for free. She wrote back very nasty and said she wouldn't ever shop on ecrater again! I felt bad but I also realized that she walked around with a big chip on her shoulder in that she couldn't understand that mistakes happen to ANY business and one sale is not representative of our whole site or even me as a seller. That sort of thing is frustrating.

But when someone gets in a tizzy because they don't have their order in 2 seconds is also frustrating. I saw someone's feedback the other day and they got a negative because they hadn't contacted the buyer within 3-4 days. Nothing about whether the item showed up or what actually happened. Even those of us that send shipping notifications always get them stopped because some buyers have blocks set on their email system that won't let some things through. I remember once someone that supposedly sold on here, if I remember right, ordered something on a Sunday and didn't hear back from the seller within hours so she was complaining on the forum as if all sellers should immediately respond to all orders immediately even if it is the middle of the night. Rolling Eyes
Gailturn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also placed an online order on 23rd September 2015. My money has been deducted from my bank account but I have not had any communication regarding my order and there is no available way to follow up as I made a one of order before registering. This is disgraceful. Does anyone know how I can follow up on my order
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: