eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Store for holiday shopping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4urhome

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: New Store for holiday shopping Reply with quote

www.leshers.ecrater.com is just opening in time for Holiday shopping will be adding more as time goes on. drop by to see the selection of gifts.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

You need to fill out your terms and FAQ pages to tell people your shipping times, returns policy etc. Your photo is too small as you are displaying an ad at the bottom of your listing description. Photos need to be at least 800px on one side to be large enough to make those ads go away and also if you want your products to show in google shopping. You might also trying brightening up your photo as it is very dark and hard to see and I have perfect eyesight so I imagine older folks will have a hard time seeing it.

And your about us page is not for telling people about your life and your hobbies, it's for describing your business. When it was founded, your goals for your business such as offering afforable prices or unlimited returns, what items you specialize in, that sort of thing.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you introduce a new store, you really should sign into the forum with the new store name. Regulars on the forum are going to click on the home-www icon button in your message. Tiger was commenting on your www.4urhome.ecrater.com store rather than the store you are introducting.

About the new store ... You need to add a payment system fast OR put your store on hold until you have a payment system in place. Currently you only offer C.O.D. which is going to cost you extra money, extra risk and is strongly NOT recommended. You need to use your text pages to promote your store. Tiger's comments regarding your other store are accurate for this store also.

Also, you might want to check with eCRATER about the "buy1 get 1" listing. I'm not sure it's allowed on eCRATER.

Before you add more items, you need to give some thought to your titles. We are allowed 100 characters for our titles, so use them to add as many things as possible that a customer might use to search for your products.

Most of your photos are too small. The photos must be greater than 250px on both sides to avoid having ads appear on your item page. The recommended size on eCRATER is at least 800px on one side and the recommended size on Google Shopping is at least 800px on BOTH sides.

Since you are just getting started, you don't have too many photos to re-do.

Welcome and good luck with your new store.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to mention that you probably should either remove your magazine listing or change your shipping. It's going to cost you more to ship the 4 magazines than you are going to collect from the sale + shipping. Magazines must be shipped via First Class or Priority Mail. If you ship them via Media Mail (which is not allowed), they may arrive at your customer's address with a postage due of the difference in what you paid and the actual cost of Priority Mail.

I sell those type of magazines and that package is going to weigh between 2 or 3 pounds at least and may actually go over the 3 pound mark.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to your new shop and I would also say that for your baby blankets you need a listing for the blue ones and then a different listing for the pink ones. That way not problems with people having to remember to tell you which colors, no emails back and forth etc. and one more listing to catch the search engines eye to deliver lookers to your store.

I would also get rid of that Buy one Get 1. Stupid name for a listing title and the whole descriptions means absolutely nothing unless the looker, if you get one other than us, knows about that site. You didn't even list the url of it. I don't think it is something ecrater would approve of either, but even if I'm wrong, I don't think you would get any takers.

I'm also not sure why you have one store for a magazine lot and another for 4 listings (forget about that BOGO). Why can't they be listed all together? Sheila is right on with the cost of shipping magazines. There is no way you are going to get 4 magazines to mail for $2.99 for FCM or Priority especially when you take out PP fees and possibly marketplace fees, etc. And get rid of the COD. That is a very dated way of selling goods and has no place in our modern society even though the PO still uses it.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.leshers.ecrater.com/p/23297705/buy-1-get

What is this listing? You are charging $5 for points towards a free advertising site? I don't get it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get it either. Especially paying $5 for something most people would never have heard of. Stick with actual products that people would be tempted to buy and be sure you have calculated the weight correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: