eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello all!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Hello all! Reply with quote

Hi! I'm not new to selling online but brand new to eCRATER. Been reading tons of posts on the forums and I'm excited to see such an active site with lots of helpful information from fellow sellers.

My store is Shaelily. I sell brand new, brand name clothing and accessories with a few other things thrown in. I just started listing items one by one as eBay import would be more of a hassle than anything else. I have too many listings with variations in size and color so it's taking quite a bit of time to get things posted.

If you see anything that needs fixing let me know. Smile

One questions: How do you find other sellers' stores? I'd like to click on their names in the forum to see their stores.

http://www.shaelily.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
JJMachineEmbroidery

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shaelily, Welcome!

I will leave the shop critiques to the experts, but you can get to each posters shop by clicking the 'www' at the bottom of their post. Very Happy
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh! Thank you very much! Very Happy
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Make sure you read the eCRATER terms and conditions as it pertains to using drop shippers which it looks like you do.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use drop shippers at all. Just curious why it looks like I do?
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaelily wrote:
I don't use drop shippers at all. Just curious why it looks like I do?

Because most of your photos are stock photos, look like you got them off of google or someone else's professional website. You can tell the difference between a pro stock photo and one taken at home on a pure white background. The stock photos usually have no shadows at all and if they do they are drawn in with digital software, while photos taken at home with a white background using extreme lightning still have some slight shadows and depth and shading differences.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. I do have a couple stock photos. Including everything I uploaded for sale today 14 out of 78 listings have a stock photo. With all the others I completely white out the background using Adobe Photoshop so there are no shadows. I think it's much more professional looking and less distracting. Unless it's white, very light colored or has white in it. That seems to show up best on the wood grain instead.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck, Shae, and welcome to eC.

Hope you do well and enjoy your stay here.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah people are just used to seeing the stock photos on sites like Macy's and Target and dropshippers use the same photos so when people see those on site like ecrater or ebay, it makes them wonder if the product is on hand or if someone else will be shipping the order for the seller. I use white backgrounds and speciality lighting and some of mine still come out with no shadows, so I have also been asked on occasion who I order my products from or if the items are coming from my location or a stock center somewhere else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: