eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Standard Post selection not showing as shipping option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zweicat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Standard Post selection not showing as shipping option Reply with quote

My store is set up for calculated shipping and I added "Standard Post" as one of the available options. However, when I go to any item in my store such as this one http://zweicat.ecrater.com/p/23250352/vintage-seltmann-weiden-germany-mid, it only gives options for Priority Mail. Does anyone know why the Standard Post option is not showing up as an available option even though I've added it as a "Selected Domestic Service" in my eCRATER admin under Options? I contacted eCRATER customer service a few times and have not heard back. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to explicitly tell eCrater which shipping methods are to be allowed for all items in your store.

Go to Admin -> Account -> Options. Scroll down to the bottom. Click on 'Standard Post' in the left box, then click 'Add >>'. Next click 'Update' at the bottom. That should turn it on.

You may also want to move items up and down in the right box. Once upon a time, there was a consideration about what order they were. Not sure if that still applies.

If you have tried all this, tell us what weight you have specified on the item listing.

ETA: I just tested on that item, and I do see Standard Post.
zweicat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Standard Post Reply with quote

Hi cosmicray,
Thanks for your response! I was doing all the steps you mention below, but I realized if you are seeing Standard Post when you test it, it must mean that the zip code I'm entering to test is the issue. When I entered another zip code besides my own, it does show Standard Post. Thanks so much for your comment!!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from the USPS Domestic Mail Manual:

1.1 Price Eligibility
[4-26-15] Standard Post prices are calculated based on the zone to which the parcel is addressed and the weight of the parcel. Standard Post prices are available as follows:

a. Except for items mailed under 1.1b.. and 1.1c.., Standard Post prices are only available for mailable items sent to Zones 5 through 9.

b. Standard Post prices are available for items sent to Zones 1 through 9 that contain mailable hazardous materials or live animals eligible to be shipped by surface transportation, or for items required by standard to be shipped by surface transportation only.

c. The oversized price applies to pieces that measure over 108 inches but not more than 130 inches in combined length and girth.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Sheila. I've always thought there isn't really anything like standard post. At least it is never an option I see on my endicia program. Usually First class mail, Priority and media mail are about the only rates sellers need to worry about. Even parcel post tends to cost MORE than Priority. Of course I could be wrong and have been before. Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Usually First class mail, Priority and media mail are about the only rates sellers need to worry about.

Agreed

Even parcel post tends to cost MORE than Priority. Of course I could be wrong and have been before.

No you're right. There have been times when the parcel post price was so high I actually thought a flat rate priority envelope was the best deal, so you know the cost was too much if I thought a Priority flat rate mailer was cheapest!

SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I had a heavy package it was was better to use Priority then standard.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is great that you too agreed with me so that means my brain isn't leaking to bad. I sometimes wonder due to all the meds I'm on. Embarassed
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still wonder why the standard post option was not showing for the OP until they entered a different zip? I recall the USPS calculator completely ignoring zones and zip code locations if certain other options are checked which is why they tell you to make sure the methods you choose are acceptible for items in your store.

Because I know that if you sell magazines and have media mail as an option, as long as the other items in your store are not too heavy to require an upgrade to priority, the calculator will allow a buyer to select media mail for non media eligible items. So if you have an item that needs to be shipped via priority or with an option that goes by zone rates + weight, if the item is lightweight and you have media mail as an option then buyers can choose media mail rates even if the item is a shirt, so buyer ends up selecting cheapest media rate and that item is not even allowed to be shipped via media. So not sure how the standard post option changes for the OP based on zip code entry if all zips entered for U.S. based.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: