eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi I'm Jesse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesses-Bargain-House

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Hi I'm Jesse Reply with quote

Please look at my store. I have a lot of great items with more added daily.
Thank you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater. You might want to work on the size of your images. The recommended size is for one side to be at least 800 pixels.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Off Welcome!

Have you sold on line prior to this? If not have you checked into what it will actually cost to ship your items? Especially something with the dimensions of this
Quote:
22" x 16" Framed Indian Picture - Deer
I just ran a quick set of numbers in my postage program and it shows that because of the length it would be under the Dimensional size costs of and you would be looking at somewhere around $10 to ship if not more! There is nothing wrong with charging what it will cost you to ship an item. An intelligent buyer understands that the postage is either 'hidden' in the cost of the item or has to show up as shipping. If this item sold via the marketplace you would be paying an $.87 fee. If you charged $15.00 for the item and $14.95 for the shipping, your fee would be $.44. Not a huge difference but if you are losing 'profit' money because of the free shipping as well, You get less and less especially when the PP fee is thrown in as well. Your walking sticks will definitely have the same shipping problem. This is not exclusive to eCRATER, but is part of USPS rules. I don't know how things go with FedEx or UPS since I don't use them.

Be sure you understand eCRATER's rules on selling knives, axes, maces and spears before you go to the trouble of listing them. If you aren't sure after reading, contact the ecrater team. They always get back to you within a couple of days. It is a small team and very nice. The contact address is on the landing page for eCRATER.com on the lower right hand side.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well knives and such are not illegal unless the blade goes over a certain length then it's considered as a weapon unless used for hunting purposes, but ecrater may have a policy on this. Some sites don't want them listed to avoid legalities and all so I would contact ecrater if you have any doubts. I do know that one of the states that starts with an M, either minnessota or massachusetts does not allow any kind of knife to be shipped to their residents so you may want to check into the state laws or else an order sent to that state, if the buyer is also unaware of that law, may be shipped back to you with extra postage due for the USPS returning it.

Sort of like you can't ship wine to Ohio because many counties are alcohol free and it's too hard to set online limits from county to county. Same thing with the knives. I know in this state to possess a knife with a blade over 6" you have to have a hunting license otherwise it's considered a weapon towards people and will be taken from you if you get caught with it. So it's worth looking into. Maybe the ATF website would have more info. Just trying to help you so you don't get suspended because ecrater does have a no weapons policy, however in the metaphysical section they allow sellers to list athame knives but those are almost always with 3" to 5" blades.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Jesse - Welcome to eC. I hope you do well here. Looks like a pretty interesting shop with a variety of items.

Good Luck...and once again - Welcome.
tmyusuf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mostly welcome
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Store is closed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: