eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Stripe payment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb as a stump here, Moon: what's GCO?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what's GCO?
Google Check-out ... we had that as a choice in the past, but Google has discontinued it except for very limited use. It's no longer an option on eCRATER.

@Shaelily, be sure to request email notification of your Stripe payments if you haven't already done so. Also, they will send your customer an email when they complete a payment. You are allowed some customization and it looks nice for the customer to get an immediate email to confirm the payment. When you log into your Stripe account, click on the down arrow by your name in the upper right corner. Under emails, you can check to receive email notices and check to send an email to your customer. In the lower left corner, click on the "Customize your email receipts" and you will see your choices. You can select the info to be shown on your customer's credit card also on the same page. You can even test the email so you will know what your customer will receive.

I had my account open checking on order payment and thought I'd pass that info on to anyone reading this topic.

Yeah, sales!
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Sheila. It didn't hit me.
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is stripe? Is it free to set up?
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Creative!

Yes - it's free to set up. Similar to PayPal, but it doesn't say Stripe when people check out; it just is a seamless credit/debit card, like a direct sale. I just opened mine last week. You have to open a business account to sell. You pay 2.9% +$0.30 per transaction, and they claim it is more simple than PP.

Here's the link:
https://stripe.com

Best of sales! - Adrienne Smile
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adriennesretropolis wrote:
Hi, Creative!

Yes - it's free to set up. Similar to PayPal, but it doesn't say Stripe when people check out; it just is a seamless credit/debit card, like a direct sale. I just opened mine last week. You have to open a business account to sell. You pay 2.9% +$0.30 per transaction, and they claim it is more simple than PP.

Here's the link:
https://stripe.com

Best of sales! - Adrienne Smile

OK so I looked at the dashboard and I don't get it lol I'd like to accept bit coin and this seems to be the way too go but looking at its, it's way to technical for me.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found myself popping around there - it does take a few extra steps, but there's a help section there, too.

https://stripe.com/us/pricing

This will give you more information. If you choose to sign up, follow the prompts. they do not have phone support, but they do by email.
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adriennesretropolis wrote:
I found myself popping around there - it does take a few extra steps, but there's a help section there, too.

https://stripe.com/us/pricing

This will give you more information. If you choose to sign up, follow the prompts. they do not have phone support, but they do by email.

Thanks. I'm not very good at this tech stuff lol That's why I like paypal. They do it all for me
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep in mind, if you do decide to use Bit Coin you can't use it here at ecrater because it's not a supported payment method here and inviting a buyer to leave the ecrater checkout to pay with Bit Coin would be against the rules.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd like to accept bit coin and this seems to be the way too go but looking at its, it's way to technical for me.

Do you realize how funny this sounds or is it just me? Very Happy You want to use Bitcoin which is a fake money that can only be used via computers and that seems pretty technical to me, but Stripe is too technical? I thought it was an easy sign up and I have gotten somewhere close to $5000 through it so far with rarely a hiccup. Seems the only time I hear about Bitcoin is on the TV when the mob uses it to hide money or whatever. I've never even seen a place to sign up for it or use it for that matter, but then I haven't been looking.

I would have never thought that at a point in time, people would be willing to give up real currency for something like Bitcoin. It seems a little SciFi to me, but then I'm old!!! Very Happy
creativewench

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
Just keep in mind, if you do decide to use Bit Coin you can't use it here at ecrater because it's not a supported payment method here and inviting a buyer to leave the ecrater checkout to pay with Bit Coin would be against the rules.

Even though it's accepted through Stripe?
creativewench

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
I'd like to accept bit coin and this seems to be the way too go but looking at its, it's way to technical for me.

Do you realize how funny this sounds or is it just me? Very Happy You want to use Bitcoin which is a fake money that can only be used via computers and that seems pretty technical to me, but Stripe is too technical? I thought it was an easy sign up and I have gotten somewhere close to $5000 through it so far with rarely a hiccup. Seems the only time I hear about Bitcoin is on the TV when the mob uses it to hide money or whatever. I've never even seen a place to sign up for it or use it for that matter, but then I haven't been looking.

I would have never thought that at a point in time, people would be willing to give up real currency for something like Bitcoin. It seems a little SciFi to me, but then I'm old!!! Very Happy

I have friends in the libertarian party (including the man running for President in that party) and that is what they use, bitcoin. They don't believe in the real dollar as its value decreases...or something like that. I'm not 100% sure on the specifics. LOL How did you sign up? I even emailed them and was like, I don't get it can you walk me through it and they still wrote back technical jargon. I think my fear is the HTML that I see and it says you have to do something to process payments unlike paypal that does it itself....
PrimroseCafe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

creativewench wrote:
tigercreekgifts wrote:

As long as you have Stripe as a payment option here on eCRATER, you should be able to accept Bitcoin and Alipay. Can you advertise it, I do not know.
Maybe eCRATER will confirm it?
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

creativewench wrote:
tigercreekgifts wrote:

I'm not sure how that would work because I never heard any mention of using bit coin via stripe on their website, but if you do figure out how to use it, just don't mention it in your FAQs or in your store because not only would it confuse some customers but ecrater may be confused as well and suspend you. We don't even mention stripe to our buyers here since it's set up like a direct credit card payment and buyers don't have an account there, so they get confused when you mention stripe because it's something only sellers need to know about.

So I'm not sure how someone could use bit coin thru stripe, because buyers paying thru stripe have to enter in a credit card or debit card number and since bit coin is not real money, then I doubt someone's bit coin balance would be uploaded to their credit card or bank account. Can someone explain how that works to me?

Either way you cannot mention bitcoin in your store or you will be suspended. I remember someone bringing this up a year or so ago and they ended up getting suspended over it.
creativewench

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]I'm not sure how that would work because I never heard any mention of using bit coin via stripe on their website, but if you do figure out how to use it, just don't mention it in your FAQs or in your store because not only would it confuse some customers but ecrater may be confused as well and suspend you. We don't even mention stripe to our buyers here since it's set up like a direct credit card payment and buyers don't have an account there, so they get confused when you mention stripe because it's something only sellers need to know about.

So I'm not sure how someone could use bit coin thru stripe, because buyers paying thru stripe have to enter in a credit card or debit card number and since bit coin is not real money, then I doubt someone's bit coin balance would be uploaded to their credit card or bank account. Can someone explain how that works to me?

Either way you cannot mention bitcoin in your store or you will be suspended. I remember someone bringing this up a year or so ago and they ended up getting suspended over it.[/quote]

Huh, interesting. I saw it on their pricing page bottom right. Maybe I'll just stick to paypal lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: