eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do you streamline fulfillment process?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotyogi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: How do you streamline fulfillment process? Reply with quote

If I use paypal, it is pretty easy to print the label and packing slip. It won't add tracking to ecrater but that's okay.

I am wondering if anyone is using stripe and how does that work to print shipping labels and packing slip?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to type in the information to PP to print postage. I don't think you can print a packing slip from Stripe.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripe does not offer a postage purchase. You'll have to purchase your postage through PayPal, USPS, or sign up with a service like Stamps.com or Endicia. None of the above mentioned services provide the tracking number to eCRATER. If you add the tracking number to your order section of eCRATER, the system will send an email to the customer with the tracking number.

Each seller has to create their own system for packing slips, invoices and notices to the customer. It sounds like you are already familiar with printing a packing slip from PayPal and including a packing slip is a really good idea.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheiladee maybe you know the answer to this.

When I ship from Canada I have no tracking number. I still fill in the shipping notice and put n/a where it asks for a tracking number. I've been under the assumption that gets sent even though it isn't a number. If I enter nothing the message doesn't register. I've not been sending another shipping notice assuming the eCRATER one gets sent. Am I wrong?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, I don't know the answer. I don't use the service myself because I've always sent my own email regarding item shipped with the tracking number. It's a good question that you should ask eCRATER. When you get the answer, if you post back here then we'll all know for sure to help others.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, even though I send a shipping notification myself also, I still fill in the tracking number on PP as well as at ecrater. I figure if the team gets approached by a buyer that can't remember who they bought from, ecrater will have that info as well as when we have to reach out to them for a feedback problem. Since I have the copy of the tracking number from copying it once, it isn't more than a few seconds to paste it on ecrater as well.

Incidentally the ecrater notice of the Stripe sale has the person's address set up correctly for filling in a shipping label unlike the address in the ecrater orders list. I like to copy/paste addresses so I am sending it with any and all mistakes that the buyer may have made, so it isn't on my head for typing an address incorrectly.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't include a packing slip unless the buyer orders more than one item. I see that as a waste of paper for just one item because obviously, the buyer can tell (if they ordered just one item) that it is indeed in the box, so it's not like they ordered so much stuff I need to give them a list so they can make sure everything was included. And if issues arise like an older buyer forgetting what ONE item they bought, or maybe they removed some items from their cart before submitting their order and forgot they removed the items and expected a box full of stuff when they only added one item to their cart, I have records online with ecrater and/or paypal to confirm that if need be.

I know you can print a packing slip thru paypal.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use a packing sheet so that the buyer can be sure everything is there, but to advertise my business, make sure they have the url to come back again, etc. Just another form of promoting my store.

I have received several packages at once, all with only one order, several had hand written return addresses, one with no return address and no packing slips either. So then I had to research whose package was whose for both feedback and for complaints.

If you have no packing slip or return address, if the address gets damaged the PO doesn't know where to send the package at that point, while a packing slip will give them a copy of the address again as well as being able to contact me.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought about having one as a second source for locating my return address but I don't need a packing slip for URLS and such. I include a promotional flyer with all of my packages but mine are not actually a thin paper flyer or something that I printed from home. Mine are printed on glossy postcards made of heavy cardstock and I have a pro company print them up for me so the colors are vivid and I can include products photos and my actual TC logo on there as well.

I know, some would say, that's a waste of money when most buyers throw those away or why would you pay for fancy cardstock and color printing blah blah? But honestly, I sat down and factored up my costs as far as paper and ink are concerned and believe it or not it actually costs me way less to get a stack of those postcards, enough to last me for an entire year, than it does to use ink from my home printer and print up a simple black and white flyer on plain paper. And with the postcards they are heavy, glossy and professionally printed with color which speaks higher of my business as far as professionalism is concerned.

And also, when I'm shipping a man gift I don't have to include those because men don't care about fancy frills like that anyway so in that case I just include a simple printout that I formatted to repeat the same message 5 times on one sheet, I cut them to size, and I print them in grayscale black ink only and those include the URLS and such too. But the fancy stuff is reserved for my female customers since most of my buyers are female anyway. I wrap my products in colored tissue paper and I also have sticker seals that match the design of my postcards and I use those to hold the tissue paper together instead of clear tape. But with the stuff I sell it's appropriate because presentation is important.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The primary reason I include a packing slip is to give the Ship From and Ship To address inside the package. The post office has recommended this for as long as I can remember using the post office. It's a back-up in case the label is damaged. The second reason is to put the name of my store in front of the customer again. The third reason is because I think it is more professional. Fourth reason is because I hate getting a package with nothing inside to tell me who sent the package!

Regarding adding the tracking information to the order page in eCRATER, I'm rethinking my policy. Originally I decided to not use the service because I always send an email and if they paid with PayPal, they get an email from them also. If I added the tracking to eCRATER, the customer is going to get a third email. Recently I got an email on a Friday from a customer who was anxious about her order because she really wanted to start on the sewing project. She had paid via Stripe and used the email on her Stripe payment confirmation email. I responded with the tracking number again and told her the tracking showed her package had been delivered on Monday. I guess she found her pattern because I never heard back. Maybe if I had included the tracking info on eCRATER maybe she would have read the email from eCRATER. Moon, you make a good point that it might be a help to eCRATER.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of the opinion that the tracking on eCrater was there both for customer notification, and so that eCrater can check the tracking, if a buyer claimed an INR. This way eCrater can get a feel for the real story.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what "fulfillment" is, other than some CEO jargon and I don't care to learn why or what, very irritating.

More words are ,innovation, and delightful or delight, really bugs me.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember in fifth grade we had a teacher that got very angry every time we would use the word thing . Heck every other word we spoke was thing so she did a lot of yelling that year.

Also if we did a book report we were not allowed to use the word interesting . There goes the first sentence in most book reports.

She also made us try to never use the word Xmas as it was demeaning to the word Christmas to abbreviate it. I never use the word Xmas because of her.

She was very strict but we learned a lot from her.

tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my buyers do know who sent them the package even without a packing slip. Like I said, I include a postcard with my business name and info on there, The items are wrapped in tissue paper which is also held together by a seal that has my business name on it, and the address label I print from paypal does not have my first and last name on it like most of the other sellers I have ordered from off of marketplaces, my paypal labels have my business name so if my buyers can't tell who the package came from with all of that, then they obviously aren't looking very well and would most likely not even see that info on a packing slip either.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice Tiger that your customers know who sent the package, but if you re-read my comment that was the 4th reason I gave after the far more important 3 reasons I listed before that reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: