eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping Zones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamblingRose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Shipping Zones Reply with quote

Good afternoon

I am in the process of setting up my store and am already stumped over probably a very simple thing. I only want to ship to the 48 contiguous states but when I click on the zones, I see every country in the world except the United States. What am I missing??
Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipping Zones Reply with quote

RamblingRose wrote:
I only want to ship to the 48 contiguous states

That would be in violation of the eCrater Terms, which sellers agree to in opening the store.

From eCrater Terms at http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php :

"4.3 Basic requirements: The sellers must be able to ship throughout the United States."

While "must be able to" could be considered ambiguous, the intention and traditional practice is for sellers to ship to all 50 states.

RamblingRose wrote:
when I click on the zones, I see every country in the world except the United States.

Under Shipping Zones in the admin, US-Mainland, Alaska, and Hawaii are in the Selected Zones box on the right.
RamblingRose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I didn't realize it was against policy to only ship to the 48 contiguous states. I obviously didn't read close enough.
So, if I understand correctly, I would only check a country out of the first column if I were shipping to a country in addition to the U.S.
Thanks again for your answer.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rambling - Yes, that is correct. You would only move a country from the left column to the right column if you wanted to ship there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: