eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Ecrater Seller Introducing Myself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimjuris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: New Ecrater Seller Introducing Myself Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

My name is Jim Juris. I have been setting up my shop here for the past week or so. I have been taking my time setting up everything. I now have eight logos listed in my shop.

I am a former seller on Etsy and Artfire. I left both of those selling venues at the end of last year to pursue new adventures. I now create logos and videos for businesses.

I am happy that I found Ecrater as a platform for selling my logo designs.

Although I have not been on these forums very much, I have found the forums here to be very informative for a new seller.

I wish all sellers success selling on Ecrater.

Jim Juris
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome
jimjuris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
Welcome

Thank you Cat. Do I know you from Artfire? Your avatar is similar to a seller on Artfire that I know.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

I know you from AF forums. I'm still there and still on Etsy.
jimjuris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggiethehousecat wrote:
Welcome.

I know you from AF forums. I'm still there and still on Etsy.

Hi Maggiethehousecat,

It is great to see someone here that I know from Artfire.

A couple of people have told me a number of things that have happened since I left Artfire. I was shocked when I heard the news about ads, Tony and Maker House.

I still receive the Artfire newsletter.

Jim Juris
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome
jimjuris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Welcome

Thank you MoonwishesStore for the welcome.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I think I created an artfire account a few years ago but I never did anything with it because there was a monthly fee or something and it was hard enough trying to sell crafts on etsy with just 20 cent listing fees so I figured a monthly fee would do me no good either. I think that's why I never opened a store, or maybe they were having a trial at that time and allowing you to list up to 5 items free or something before committing to a monthly plan? But for whatever reason I didn't like it.
jimjuris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
No, I think I created an artfire account a few years ago but I never did anything with it because there was a monthly fee or something and it was hard enough trying to sell crafts on etsy with just 20 cent listing fees so I figured a monthly fee would do me no good either. I think that's why I never opened a store, or maybe they were having a trial at that time and allowing you to list up to 5 items free or something before committing to a monthly plan? But for whatever reason I didn't like it.

OK. Yes, a long time ago Artfire had offered a Basic account with 10 product listings for free. There were ads displayed in your studio if you had the basic account.

Artfire did away with Basic accounts as of October 1, 2010, which is when they started charging $5.95 per month for unlimited listings without ads. That rate was locked in as long as you did not leave Artfire.

Now I believe that they charge $20 per month and the rate is not locked in. They may also be running ads again in your studio unless you pay an additional fee for no ads. I am not positive about the add part since I left before that started.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Jim.

I wish you well here and hope you can sell those designs. It looks like there is quite a bit of work to them.

Once again - Welcome!
jimjuris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtMemoryLane wrote:
Welcome, Jim.

I wish you well here and hope you can sell those designs. It looks like there is quite a bit of work to them.

Once again - Welcome!

Thank you for the welcome.

I first have to think of some type of business that I want to create a logo for. At first it was pretty easy, but now it takes me a while to come up with something since I am trying to make each logo somewhat different and also be for different types of companies.

The Art Gallery logo that I created today just came out of the air. I had no idea what I wanted to create so I started by just looking for a large single letter. I started with the capital letter "G" and then I was having trouble with what other letters and word/ words I could use with the letter "g" in my text.

I also try to use different fonts and colors. That is another challenge for me because I want each of my logos to look unique. It is even harder when I have no idea of what type of business and what name I can use when I create the logos.

All of the logos that you see listed are for fictitious businesses and the same with the business name.

I finally figured out what I wanted and after making a number of revisions I came up with something that I was happy with.

It usually takes me somewhere around 3 to 5 hours to create each logo and then a little while to list each logo and to check my work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: