eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My Store Only Shows 7 Items But I have 8 items listed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimjuris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: My Store Only Shows 7 Items But I have 8 items listed Reply with quote

I am new to selling on Ecrater. I just listed my 8th item, but when I view my store there are only 7 items visible, all in one row.

Is there a limit on the number of items that you can have visible using a free template?

If I want to sell more that 7 items in my store what is the best thing to do? I will probably want to sell around ten to twelve items.

I would like my shoppers to see all 8 items that I have for sale here rather than just 7.

Thank you for your help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no limit, unless it's way up there. I see 8 items in your store, are you still seeing 7 ?
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: My Store Only Shows 7 Items But I have 8 items listed Reply with quote

jimjuris wrote:
I am new to selling on Ecrater. I just listed my 8th item, but when I view my store there are only 7 items visible, all in one row.

You are mistaking the Featured Categories feature on the homepage...or in your case, the Random Products feature...with the number of items in your store, which is visible when you click Categories. Under Categories, you have "Services"...then the number "8."

jimjuris wrote:
Is there a limit on the number of items that you can have visible using a free template?

There is no limit to the number of products that are visible in your store. There is a limit to the number of Featured Categories or Random Products on your homepage...and that limit is 7.

jimjuris wrote:
f I want to sell more that 7 items in my store what is the best thing to do?

List them.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have selected one of the original style templates that either shows 7 random products OR your choice of 4 to 7 categories. What you are seeing is your home page. When you click on categories, you'll see all your categories. Also, each item, when viewed inside your store, will show a random selection of 10 of your products at the bottom of an item page. If eCRATER has an upper limit on the number of products a seller can have, I don't know what that number is. I know Moonwishes has over 8,000 items in her store using one of the original style templates. I've listed some examples below of some different styles that you might find interesting. I would also suggest you search for a few items to see other sellers stores. If you click the www button at the bottom of any comment in the community, you'll be able to see that seller's store.

These sellers are using the original style templates with 7 selected categories:
http://lastade-designs.ecrater.com/
http://tigercreekgifts.ecrater.com/
http://moonwishesstore.ecrater.com/
I use the original style template with just 7 Random Products. Every time you return to the home page (or refresh the page) you see 7 different products.
http://sheiladeestreasurefinds.ecrater.com/

These sellers are using one of the new style templates which shows 10 random products plus allows for featured categories:
http://primrosecafe.ecrater.com/
http://cosmicray.ecrater.com/
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are using the old format. That restricts you to 7 examples of your inventory. Generally people use these to highlight their categories. If you don't have categories you can only profile 7 items.

The new format doesn't use those 7 category highlights so all your items show on one page or yours would since you only plan on having 10 or 12.
jimjuris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for clearing this up for me. I thought that the page with the 7 featured items was my Ecrater store.

I may decide to add more than 10 or 12 logos to my store but I will probably do so slowly.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimjuris wrote:
I thought that the page with the 7 featured items was my Ecrater store.

It is your eCrater store. It's the homepage for the store.

Clicking on any of the Random Products, the Featured Item, or Categories will take a customer deeper into the store.
jimjuris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxAndFish wrote:
jimjuris wrote:
I thought that the page with the 7 featured items was my Ecrater store.

It is your eCrater store. It's the homepage for the store.

Clicking on any of the Random Products, the Featured Item, or Categories will take a customer deeper into the store.

OK, thank you very much for explaining that to me.

Question: If I want to be able to show more than 7 products on my home page do I have to switch to a PAID template?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to show more on your home page, you need to switch to the other format. eCrater works very hard to keep rates low for us and they don't bait and switch us to list more. Some of us, not me, has thousands of items listed. They pay no more to list here.

Going to admin page, on the left hand side, click on "templates"" pick one up near the top.

Last edited by SammysSupplies on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are driving traffic, to the front page of your store, you are limited by the template design (7 random products for old, 10 random products for new).

But most traffic does not come to the front page of your store. It is either seen via individual listings in the (eCrater wide) marketplace, or individual listings in your store. So worrying about the front page of your store may be a bit of making a mountain out of a molehill. And remember, what shows is a random selection of what your total listings represent, so everything gets shown sooner or later.
jimjuris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
If you want to show more on your home page, you need to switch to the other format. eCrater works very hard to keep rates low for us and they don't bait and switch us to list more. Some of us, not me, has thousands of items listed. They pay no more to list here.

Going to admin page, on the left hand side, click on "templates"" pick one up near the top.

Thank you very much for your help. I just changed templates.
jimjuris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
If you are driving traffic, to the front page of your store, you are limited by the template design (7 random products for old, 10 random products for new).

But most traffic does not come to the front page of your store. It is either seen via individual listings in the (eCrater wide) marketplace, or individual listings in your store. So worrying about the front page of your store may be a bit of making a mountain out of a molehill. And remember, what shows is a random selection of what your total listings represent, so everything gets shown sooner or later.

Your advice is very helpful. Thank you.

I like the new template that I picked a lot more than the previous template. I am glad that I switched templates.
tracksidebooksandmore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: My Store Only Shows 7 Items But I have 8 items listed Reply with quote

jimjuris wrote:

If I want to sell more that 7 items in my store what is the best thing to do? I will probably want to sell around ten to twelve items.

I would like my shoppers to see all 8 items that I have for sale here rather than just 7.

Thank you for your help.

OHHHHHH...I see what you mean (I think). I'm pretty new as well and I was actually wondering the same thing. The newer templates just have the 10 featured or random product and then the store blurb on the side. The older templates down towards the bottom have the store blurb at the top and then the 7 random or featured products *WITH A HEADER that says Random Products or Featured Products*

I think I'm going to switch back to a template towards the bottom. While I do agree with the person later in this thread that most traffic that comes to the store will probably be from like Google product searches and stuff, I think if someone DOES happen to hit a store home page with the other style template they might think 'oh there's only 10 products in this store'. It's just a preference thing I guess?
jimjuris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: My Store Only Shows 7 Items But I have 8 items listed Reply with quote

tracksidebooksandmore wrote:

I think I'm going to switch back to a template towards the bottom. While I do agree with the person later in this thread that most traffic that comes to the store will probably be from like Google product searches and stuff, I think if someone DOES happen to hit a store home page with the other style template they might think 'oh there's only 10 products in this store'. It's just a preference thing I guess?

I now have 12 items listed here and I am about to add another. I like the ten item store much better than the seven item store.

Since only ten items show in my store I may add a note in each product description that says that I have more than ten items listed and to see more of them just refresh the page.

I kinow SEO and when I checked some of my Google rankings about ten days ago my products were not showing up anywhere near the top of Google.

I think that SEO is harder to do here than what I could do on Etsy, Artfire or on my own websites. I have not checked my product rankings lately on Google and I have not tried to improve my Google rankings.

Right now I believe that my views are mainly coming from people searching on Ecrater for logos and my products show up well if they do a search that way.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: My Store Only Shows 7 Items But I have 8 items listed Reply with quote

jimjuris wrote:
I now have 12 items listed here and I am about to add another. I like the ten item store much better than the seven item store.

You don't have a "ten item store." You have a store with 13 items, of which 10 show on the homepage.

jimjuris wrote:
Since only ten items show in my store

13 items show in your store.

Do you understand the difference between the store homepage and your store?

jimjuris wrote:
I may add a note in each product description that says that I have more than ten items listed and to see more of them just refresh the page.

That would be in violation of eCrater Terms of Service, to which you agreed when you opened your store.

From eCrater Terms at http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

"4.4 Content requirements
- Do not include promotional or boilerplate text in your product titles and descriptions. All text should directly describe the product."
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: