eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My Store Only Shows 7 Items But I have 8 items listed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: My Store Only Shows 7 Items But I have 8 items listed Reply with quote

jimjuris wrote:
Since only ten items show in my store I may add a note in each product description that says that I have more than ten items listed and to see more of them just refresh the page.

I can see all 13 items, all at the same time.

Because I'm looking at the category (which can show up to 25 per page) and not at the home page (which shows 10 randomly).

http://jimjuris.ecrater.com/c/1990853/services

If you want a prospective customer to see all 13 (or up the the page limit), then promote the category page, and not the home page.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
jimjuris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: My Store Only Shows 7 Items But I have 8 items listed Reply with quote

FoxAndFish wrote:
jimjuris wrote:
I now have 12 items listed here and I am about to add another. I like the ten item store much better than the seven item store.

You don't have a "ten item store." You have a store with 13 items, of which 10 show on the homepage.

jimjuris wrote:
Since only ten items show in my store

13 items show in your store.

Do you understand the difference between the store homepage and your store?

jimjuris wrote:
I may add a note in each product description that says that I have more than ten items listed and to see more of them just refresh the page.

That would be in violation of eCrater Terms of Service, to which you agreed when you opened your store.

From eCrater Terms at http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

"4.4 Content requirements
- Do not include promotional or boilerplate text in your product titles and descriptions. All text should directly describe the product."

Thank you for that information. I removed the text that said to refresh the page to see the other items in my store.

I know that I have a store with 13 items in the store and that ten of them are displayed at a time.

I believe that for someone to be able to see all thirteen items in my store they would have to refresh the page several times or come back a couple of times.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: My Store Only Shows 7 Items But I have 8 items listed Reply with quote

jimjuris wrote:
I know that I have a store with 13 items in the store and that ten of them are displayed at a time.

Ten of them are displayed at a time on the homepage.

All 13 of your items are displayed all the time inside your store.

jimjuris wrote:
I believe that for someone to be able to see all thirteen items in my store they would have to refresh the page several times or come back a couple of times.

That is not correct.

For a customer to see all 13 items in your store, they need only to go to Services in your Categories. Which is what CosmicRay said.
jimjuris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: My Store Only Shows 7 Items But I have 8 items listed Reply with quote

I totally forgot about being able to see all of my logos by going to services. Thank you for reminding me.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed that you have a spelling error on your star SHAPED logo.
jimjuris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Just noticed that you have a spelling error on your star SHAPED logo.

Thank you for pointing out that spelling error for my star shaped logo title. I try to make sure that everything is spelled correctly but sometimes I miss some errors.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not understanding this. When a customer clicks on one of your categories they can see every item in that category, so your items are there it's just that the main page of your store has limited space so ecrater only displays up to 7 categories at a time or 7 or 10 random items depending on which store layout template you picked. It clearly says either "random products" or "featured categories" on your main page so customers know that that is just a preview to get them interested so they will click on your categories to see what all you have.

When they click on your categories page (link is in the upper right corner of your store for old templates or upper left corner for new templates) or the see the side bar on the newer templates they can see every category you have and the categories page also tells the buyers how many items each cateogory has, so a message telling customers you have more items is useless because they know to click on the categories and check for what all you are selling. Also most buyers don't even go to the stores they just order from the marketplace without ever even visiting your store so if they see that message it won't matter to them, plus in the marketplace your items will be mixed in with other people's items so they probably aren't going to go on a needle in a haystack hunt to locate all of your items in the marketplace either. So forgo the message.

Buyers know that you most likely have more items than what is shown if they visit your store and if they are truly interested they will click around or use your search box to find what they want.
jimjuris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the great explanation of how Ecrater works. For some reason, until it was explained to me earlier today, I wasn't noticing the link for buyers to click on to see my other products. I finally noticed it today. I also noticed today that underneath my product description there is a link for buyers to click on so that they can see all of my products.

I guess that I was concentrating on my product listings titles and descriptions so much that I did not notice the links until earlier today.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: