eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Updating inventory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaxMusicSupply

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Updating inventory Reply with quote

Hi folks.

Is it possible to use the bulk importer to update inventory and/or pricing daily? I would like to be able to update my inventory regularly without having to manually go to each listing. Thanks! Jack
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello JaxMusicSupply and welcome to both eCRATER and the community forum. When you sign in to your store, under More Options -> Bulk List/eBay Import, please review the Requirements and help.

Requirements:
4. The bulk lister cannot be used to update already uploaded products. If this is the case you have to edit them manually. Uploading a bulk file and then removing the store products or deleting the store and creating a new store and uploading a new bulk file is considered bulk editing. As a result all future feeds will be rejected during the review stage.

So, the bulk lister can only be used to add new products to your store.
JaxMusicSupply

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sheila. Disappointing though.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaxMusicSupply wrote:
Thanks Sheila. Disappointing though.

I'm going to put my own spin on this ... eCrater does not wish to become yet another site, one of many, where the seller automagically tweaks the prices and stock levels. They would rather the sellers be selling here, and not all over the map.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but you can use the global editor to update prices for all categories or select main and sub categories that you choose. You can also use it to add or remove text and I discovered a little trick for how to replace text with something else without having to run the editor more than once to remove then add text.

But if you are doing a mass update you can only have a certain amount of global editor commands running at a time. I think the limit is 5 commands at once so if you are planning to increase or lower all prices by a certain amount you will be fine but if you plan to do sectioned updates like:

adding 50 cents to the price of all clothing
adding $1.00 to the price of all electronics
subtracting 25 cents from all purses
adding a new description paragraph for all toys

and so on, you will probably have to do this over a period of multiple days because like I said you can only have up to 5 different changes being made thru the global editor at one time and each change takes 2-24 hours to complete. It says to allow 2 hours but that is wrong. I have used it to update prices and descriptions for all items in my store and I had so many items it took literally an entire day for the editor to make the changes to all of my items. So if your updates are fairly large by the end of the day the editor may have only finished updating 3 of the commands you assigned it and at that point you can go in an add 3 more and finish the rest the next day. So be patient if you use the global editor. Usually a very small change like updating the price to 15 items will only take about 45 mins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: