eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Netflix Subscribers, Major Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Netflix Subscribers, Major Problem Reply with quote

This affects many Netflix users!

It's 7:04 p.m. on the east coast as of right now and about 45 mins. ago maybe a little further back than that my Netflix went out and I kept getting a WiFi error but a quick check of my connection and also resetting the box, and rebooting my ipad, and updating the app did nothing. My bill is on auto pay but I thought maybe paypal made an error and my bill was not paid this month or something but a check reveals it was paid on time.

Called Netflix CS Rep and was told that an employee spilled coffee all over one of their control boards and nearly fried it, so the entire website and server is down on the east coast which includes the inability to watch it from a wired ethernet connect and WiFi as well. I have been to their twitter and saw the same message. As far as I know, the connection slowly quit in increments starting with the upper new England states and working it's way down southeast. People from Mass. all the way down to FL are complaining of no service but I haven't heard from anybody in the central states or out west that has Netflix so I am not sure if those areas are affected too.

Edited to add: Problem is fixed now at least here in Ohio, not sure about other places but I spoke with a relative of mine in Tenn. about 20 mins. ago and theirs was still down. It's now 9:21 p.m. here.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
JJMachineEmbroidery

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7:47 AM here and parts of it are still down. Rolling Eyes
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet they have insurance for this sort of thing as any sane owner of a company that large would at least have some type of coverage, but I wouldn't be surprised if that employee still gets a pay deduction from their next check because of all the inconvenience this has caused. I imagine they've had to deal with people griping all night because last I checked their CS phone line was open 24/7 or at least most of the night, something like that.

Just to also add, they are raising their monthly rates in case anyones spam filters kept them from getting that email but those who currently have service get to keep the same rate until next October. It's only going up to $9.99 +tax for streaming-only and like $1.49 more for dvd plans but I read an article that said this was due to having less than normal subscribers this year, so the rest of us have to pay more to make up for their loss of subscribers, but I can tell them exactly why they lost so many!

There are at least 23 movies and 6 tv shows that I personally love that used to be on Netflix but back in early 2014 they all vanished. And these were very popular shows, 3 of which I didn't even get to finish the last few seasons before they vanished. So I imagine people are upset that they removed dozens of titles. I have heard from others who are upset over this too. I imagine it's not their fault, maybe they couldn't work out a renewed contract with the Tv production companies or maybe they didn't have enough funds to pay them royalties this time around? But I checked youtube and the people that had the episodes on there for free, they got caught for uploading copyrighted tv shows so youtube suspended their accounts so I have no way to finish these shows, and they don't have the dvds for them anymore either!

I even went to Comedy Central and ABC Family's facebook page and said what's the deal here? Did you all not renew your contracts or is this some conspiracy with the cable networks to force people into paying for cable Tv again? Because they make more money from cable Tv royalties than they do from Netflix and Hulu based on a survey result I read here recently. Didn't used to be this way, a few years back cable networks saw Netflix and Redbox as a huge threat but something happened recently and they've been in a steady decline.

I'd be willing to bet the cable companies have something to do with this because of their profit loss because I remember getting a letter in the mail from Netflix back in 2009 (I believe) when their rates first jumped from $4.99 to $7.99 per month for the lowest plan option and they said the increase was because the cable companies like Time Warner and Comcast were also demanding compensation because of financial loss due to competition. They were basically being sore losers but some loophole in the laws says that if another company competes with you and you have been the leading provider in that area of interest for so many years and the new competitor is a serious threat, they have to pay you some type of settlement fee. Not sure how that works exactly.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: