eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to Get Rid of Template Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: How to Get Rid of Template Error Reply with quote

Geez! I just previewed a $10 template to see what it would look like, and I got an immediate email for a 5 day free trial and a bill to pay $120 by Nov 4, 2015.

Ok - do I sit on it, or contact someone to get rid of it? If so, who should I contact? Thank you in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact ecrater. Go to ecrater.com and click on contact us at the bottom right of the page. Surely they gave you cancel instructions and don't expect to count this against your seller status if you don't pay? They have to have a way to let the trial run its course without you being expected to pay at the end of the 5 days, a way to know who decided to cancel and who didn't.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - thanks again, Tiger!
I didn't know if there was a unique link for this or not.
Will do.
Many sales to you!!!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hate it when I sign up for a free trial and they don't make you enter your credit card # so you don't have to actually cancel before a certain date, but then they email you right away asking for payment in full before you've even had your free trial, then email you every few days expecting payment. Seems like this is what ecrater is doing?

Kind of like when you sign up for a magazine subscription. They promise you 6 issues and only send you 4 issues then send you bills every few weeks and say this is going to be reported to the credit agencies if you don't pay. Do companies not understand the concept of a free trial? If you didn't sign any contracts and only agreed to try a service for free for a few days, they shouldn't be asking for money right away and threatening to report to credit agencies.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of this was made clear when they first announced the cost for the new templates. It was very easy to cancel after my less than an hour trial - I hated them! They don't bite your head off over this, but you do have to pay yearly for them, so before you ask to cancel be sure if you want to and see if you get better results using the new template for a few days because you do get a 5 day free trial. They aren't trying to hook you in like a diet pill commercial or anything. I think it is to hold done bookkeeping costs and having to chase people down monthly for their fee.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Moonwishes.

I did send a contact email explaining my error and requested cancelation.
Hopefully, they will comply. There can be no way for eCrater to make us obligated, since there was no warning or were no terms pop-up when trying a preview; therefore, for those of us who came in after their first announcement, as you stated, there should be no legal binding, since no terms were offered before trying them out.

I don't like it and I am certain I do not want them. I like the one I have. anyway.

Wink
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they were rather ugly and totally disjointed. I wonder how they would look on my new monitor screen though. Not that I'm willing to pay for it. One of the things I have liked the best about eCRATER has been the nicely set up template. I need facts and photos to sell my patterns, certainly not huge fonts, or even those dancing reindeer etc. that I use to see on eBay!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wasn't accusing ecrater of doing those things, just stating that a lot of companies promise you a free trial and the instant you sign up they send you an invoice as if you signed a contract instead of just agreeing to a free trial. Those companies are annoying and pesky.

Apparently, hardly anyone likes the paid templates. And the few stores that are using them, sorry to be so blunt but their stores look horrible now. Especially the store I saw that was using the paid templates and their photos were very dark and blurry with a yellow tint. Not a good combination.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I just wanted to have a live look and then resume my template.
Even Wordpress lets you do that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: