eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Selling with variations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lotdeals

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Selling with variations Reply with quote

Hi,
When selling the same item in multiple variations (Color, Size, etc..),
Should I make the subject different from one to another or is it possible to have all the listings with the same subject?

Will it show on Google Shopping?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make each one have it's own listing. Otherwise you have to play email tag to get the order right. Plus, it helps you have more listings which can hopefully make it easier to be found among all the other listings out there. However, your store isn't called Case Deals, if you don't use the name you sign up with, it will make it so much harder to be found.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he seems to have plenty of product. What he doesn't have is decent feedback. He is also shown as being from Israel on the listing pages, but his Terms, About us and contact page state he/she is in China with FREE shipping to the US for $7.99 cell phone cases! His terms state that buyers have to notify within 30 days if they want a refund or return, but since this seller doesn't seem to be shipping very quickly, he can run the clock out on returns just in the amount of time it takes to ship and the amount of time it takes to arrive. Seems to be selling knock offs as well according to his feedback.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't stop to look around. I saw all the phone cases and just figured that was the primary items.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Selling with variations Reply with quote

lotdeals wrote:
Hi,
When selling the same item in multiple variations (Color, Size, etc..),
Should I make the subject different from one to another or is it possible to have all the listings with the same subject?

Will it show on Google Shopping?
What do you mean by subject? Are you referring to the title or the description? If the items are different (color, size, etc.) then the titles AND descriptions should be different to state the correct information for each item.
lotdeals

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Well he seems to have plenty of product. What he doesn't have is decent feedback. He is also shown as being from Israel on the listing pages, but his Terms, About us and contact page state he/she is in China with FREE shipping to the US for $7.99 cell phone cases! His terms state that buyers have to notify within 30 days if they want a refund or return, but since this seller doesn't seem to be shipping very quickly, he can run the clock out on returns just in the amount of time it takes to ship and the amount of time it takes to arrive. Seems to be selling knock offs as well according to his feedback.

The 30 days are from the moment the item is delivered, and I am refunding buyers even after 30 days.
I did had a rough start here indeed.
You need to be that harsh mate, I ain't trying to fool anyone.

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
What do you mean by subject? Are you referring to the title or the description? If the items are different (color, size, etc.) then the titles AND descriptions should be different to state the correct information for each item.

Yes sorry, I meant the title.
Thank you, Guess I'll have some work...
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
.I ain't trying to fool anyone.

NO? Then where are you really located and shipping from? You claim to be in Israel but everything else on your site says everything comes from China. Two vastly different places 'mate'. If you really are in Israel and all 'your' products are in China then you are a drop shipper using a service of some type which is not allowed here and neither are pirated/knock off/counterfeit goods which your customers claim that you have sent them. This, in my book, both claiming to be in a different country and the knock off goods are an attempt in 'fooling others'.

Why should I care? Because every sellers that comes here breaking the rules, giving shoddy service, selling pirated goods, etc. turns buyers away from ecrater leaving the site with a bad reputation which hurts those of us that are good sellers.
PrimroseCafe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"MoonwishesStore"
Quote:

Why should I care? Because every sellers that comes here breaking the rules, giving shoddy service, selling pirated goods, etc. turns buyers away from ecrater leaving the site with a bad reputation which hurts those of us that are good sellers.

BRAVO, good job and keep it up
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
.I ain't trying to fool anyone.

NO? Then where are you really located and shipping from? You claim to be in Israel but everything else on your site says everything comes from China. Two vastly different places 'mate'. If you really are in Israel and all 'your' products are in China then you are a drop shipper using a service of some type which is not allowed here and neither are pirated/knock off/counterfeit goods which your customers claim that you have sent them. This, in my book, both claiming to be in a different country and the knock off goods are an attempt in 'fooling others'.

This sounds so like the seller I remarked about a couple of years back. They claimed to be in Iceland, but the products were shipping from HK. One thread talking about it, and one suggestion ...

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=35365
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=35748
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading those posts and threads left the drop shipping question clear as mud to many of us, at least as to what is in the ecrater team's head. Nevertheless if sellers are bending and breaking other rules as well they still have a problem. Once you start bending the rules or think you got away with it people just keep bending more and more.

For instance I just did a quick search on Google for an M&M phone case. I opened the Amazon listing they had and all but one seller was in China and the most expensive claimed to be shipping from the USA. I don't have time to track them all down, my as an M&M peanut lover, I have rarely seen M&M products without the two M's. All these phone cases have one M. Am I nuts or did someone in China, make these up themselves and M&M company hasn't been able to stop them? Or did they actually bring these out themselves and are now being pirated? Like I said that I didn't have time to do an in depth search, but what I have found seems screwy. I have to go out today and if I see any M&M promotional products I'm going to check for that double/single M.

About 1-2 weeks ago on Jeopardy They had a player that was on his 13th day. He answered a $1600 question and got it added to his total. After the commercial break Alex came on and said that during the break the contestant told them he had said the wrong word and the judges missed it. So they took the $1600 away. That was the night he lost the championship. The contestant can go home and sleep at night knowing he did the right thing, but I'm sure many would think he was stupid to have done it. By doing that, I was so proud of him, and I'm not even his mother, and grateful to know that there are still scrupulously honest people around. You see so many that think this little bit of non-truth won't hurt and always want to take advantage of others. I don't know how they live with themselves. All sellers need to have that honesty to make internet buying a safe thing, but we will never be able to get rid of many of those that aren't honest.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many modern M&M promotional products that show the M&Ms as personalities only use the single M. Check out this link, http://www.mymms.com/, which is a Mars Corp. site and you'll see the whole M&M gang in many photos. They all have a single M.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for clarifying that sheila, about the single M. Odd to see after all the years I've seen M&M stuff. Still remember the nickel packages!
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite M & M's TV commercial was a bunch of gunslingers seated at a poker game. One of the desperadoes notices that the cards are getting covered by a chocolate mess and remarks with a sneer " these cards are marked! " and all the players look at this one player that is eating chocolate and it's all over his hands. The announcer says something like M & M's melt in your mouth and not on your hands.

MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chocolate melts in your mouth, but I think every kid knows that the colored candy covering WILL melt in your hands!
UnicornDreams

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
The chocolate melts in your mouth, but I think every kid knows that the colored candy covering WILL melt in your hands!

I remember being a kid and having an M&Ms snack on a hot summer day, that stuff melted all over my hands!!! Rolling Eyes

The M&Ms slogan is a lie....lol

By the way I never understood the variations thing. How in the heck does ecrater link the similar items or know they are tied together in some way?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: