eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Lowest price allowed to post something
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
43rdStreetComicsCards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Lowest price allowed to post something Reply with quote

Why can't I sell something for $0.10? Why does it have to be greater then $0.20? Is there any way to get this changed so I can list my cards that sell for $0.10 each and not ahev to either not list them which would be bad in of itself as I have hundreds to list at that price but also could possibly make me not to even want to continue here, but also would be bad as not gonna sell them for 20 cents when theyre only 10 cents.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 cents is the floor price on the site.
43rdStreetComicsCards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well sent an email to ask if it can be changed if not will probably close my store as I have thousands of cards that I was going to list at 10 cents and 5 cents, I had the understanding that we were allowed to run our stores as we saw fit which would include selling items at whatever price we want.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

43rdStreetComicsCards, as far I understand eCrater added the limit to avoid the site to be flood with the "$0.01" items. Get in mind eCrater is a marketplace not only a "niche" site for trading card sellers. So the owner don't understand that trading cards can sell for less than $0.20.

I sell trading cards too. I don't see a big issue with the $0.20 limit. Believe me. If a buyer wants to buy a card. The $0.20 cost, it isn't the most important issue in the moment to buy something from you.

My recommendation for you. Focus in your tittles, description, and photos. I see a lack in it. In sites like eCrater, more than 50% of the traffic is from search organic/private/paid engines.

For example see the following card:

http://43rdstreetcomicscards.ecrater.com/p/23412394/abomination-x4-nm-4th-edition#
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Lowest price allowed to post something Reply with quote

43rdStreetComicsCards wrote:
Why can't I sell something for $0.10? Why does it have to be greater then $0.20? Is there any way to get this changed so I can list my cards that sell for $0.10 each and not ahev to either not list them which would be bad in of itself as I have hundreds to list at that price but also could possibly make me not to even want to continue here, but also would be bad as not gonna sell them for 20 cents when theyre only 10 cents.
That is one of the Terms of Service for having a store on eCRATER. When you opened your store you were told that, "By continuing, you agree to the eCRATER's terms." and there is a link to the terms. Since this is very important to you, I'm sorry you overlooked this point in the Terms. Here's a link to the Terms in case there are other aspects of the Terms that may affect your store. http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecrater used to allow sellers to list for a lower price a few years ago, I think it was 10 cents? Running the store as we see fit only means that we have the ability to sell here without someone dictating our every move like we are children, like ebay and AMZ tend to do with their sellers, but we still have rules. The rules are not designed to place strict limits on us, they are designed to keep sellers from doing whatever they want and doing things that will reflect poorly on us all. So when you signed up you were shown a box that says you agree to the terms if you click submit. You can't expect the rules to be changed just for you or feel like you are exempt from the rules because you did not read them before you signed up and you are threatening to take your products elsewhere if the rules are not changed for you so in a way you are saying that you shoud be exempt because of the products you sell.

If you do decide to close your store, please be courteous and delete your entire store or at least place your store in hold in case you might want to return some day, so your products will still be here but they will be hidden from public view. If you don't delete or hide your products and you take off and someone places an order and you never ship the order or refund the buyer because you didn't come back to see that you had an order, you will be liable when the customer files a fraud claim with PP and ecrater for non-receipt of products and lack of communication.

Last edited by tigercreekgifts on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 0.20 price limit has been in effect since prior to this thread in 2009 and is not related to marketplace costs at all.

It is referenced in this thread in 2009.

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=18871

Em
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Elperles. You need to spend a bit of time with descriptions. Copying the same thing as what the title says, doesn't really tell the whole story. You may think it makes sense, but someone like me coming along has no clue what these are. Are they for part of a game--all of them? Or are they parts for many games? Just in case a kid asked granma to buy him some, you should have a listing with enough details so she knows she is buying the right thing. Sine you have the space, don't forget that NM means New Mexico to many people. NM I assume means near mint. What does Near Mint mean to you, precisely. You need to explain what rating scale you may be using.

Also you are allowed up to 10 photos, would they do better with a back photo as well?
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always take pics of the back of my trading cards, some of them have different content on the back sides than the other cards in the same series or sets, like pieceworks cards.

Also, I never use the terms mint or near mint because I realize that not many people understand those terms except serious collectors, and what is mint to you may be a piece of junk to someone else and vice versa. So I use a more traditional grading scale and just go heavily into details about the condition.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little could be added to the description (an explanation of his grading scale since everyone has a different opinion and whether the cards pictured are the ones that will be shipped). However, if you're buying Magic the Gathering cards, you already know what they are, what they're for and you're looking for specific ones to build your decks or complete your collection. 43rdStreet has a very specific target buyer. It's one of those things that if you have to ask what it is, it's obviously not for you and it's certainly not something you're interested in buying. It would be very unlikely someone would request MTG as a gift unless it's someone who already knows what they're talking about and likely plays the game themselves.

Pricing is quite competitive with these cards. It might not sound like a lot but selling them for $0.05 and $0.10 instead of $0.20 will very likely make it or break it for this seller. I'm not saying eCRATER should make an exception or change the rules by any means. I'm just saying I definitely understand his predicament. Unfortunately this might not be the right venue for him.
43rdStreetComicsCards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea im pretty much done here Im moving a lot of my stock to Cardshark.com and have already started back at ebay eventually just going to start my own website since i already have 2 of my own domain names might as well put them to use other then using them as redirects to where im selling at
43rdStreetComicsCards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I agree with Elperles. You need to spend a bit of time with descriptions. Copying the same thing as what the title says, doesn't really tell the whole story. You may think it makes sense, but someone like me coming along has no clue what these are. Are they for part of a game--all of them? Or are they parts for many games? Just in case a kid asked granma to buy him some, you should have a listing with enough details so she knows she is buying the right thing. Sine you have the space, don't forget that NM means New Mexico to many people. NM I assume means near mint. What does Near Mint mean to you, precisely. You need to explain what rating scale you may be using.

Also you are allowed up to 10 photos, would they do better with a back photo as well?

They are all part of the same game just from different expansion sets and backs of the cards are all identical, my posts here are pretty much same as what I was doing on ebay and I was doing up to 10-20+ sales a day at times so didnt really see anything wrong with them most people if they are looking for Magic the Gathering cards they know exactly what theyre looking and will understand my listings completely
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@43rdStreetComicsCards

Please look at my 2nd store. Most everything in there is 20-cents. In 5 years or so, I've had one complaint about the price.

cosmicbricks.ecrater.com
43rdStreetComicsCards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea but your selling lego pieces im selling magic the gathering cards which sell for 5, 10 and 25 cents for singles and reason I liek to sell them at those prices is thats what theyre worth but also usually people will buy dozens or more cards at a time, only time someone will buy only 1 or 2 cards is when its some of the rares that can get very pricey at times
Im probably gonna leave the Playsets I already have listed but not gonna put anything else up will just send a card with my orders as usual to bring them here for those until I have my own site up to put them on
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one have never understood why anyone would put in the time and energy to list items for pennies. Even if you count on making your money on shipping or bulk orders, you still have to devote time to taking the photos and writing titles....even when they are brief as yours are. I'm retired and my time is still worth more than that.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: