eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi, My name is Latonia
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller messaged me the other day and said she got a few sales and wondered why her money was being held by PP. I explained it to her, how that works for new sellers but that's the last I heard from her. She has messaged me a few times with random ask-and-run questions, which I answered but then I never hear back from her until she has another question.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Tiger. I don't ever wish to discourage new sellers, as I am one, too! Maggie said she feels he's suspended. He doesn't have anything in store, and it's a huge question mark. Kinda creepy.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really relevant but the seller addressed themself to me as female, just to clarify that. Like I said, it's no big deal but I've seen female sellers repeatedly referred to as male and eventually they became offended. Someone did that to me and a few other sellers this past summer. We kept telling him, we are females! And he would say, sorry about that dude, bro, man. But he was doing it on purpose, he seemed to have a pre-conceived notion that only men were capable of selling online and some of us were like, why on earth would a man have a store with a purple background and be selling makeup and ladies perfume, or sewing patterns? LOL

I sell bit of everything for both males and females and I love the color blue so I can see why anyone would easily confuse me as a male and it doesn't help that I've got a shipment of Batman and Justice League toys on the way to me that I will be listing for sale as well. LOL What can I say, I hate pink things!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No you cannot, it's a state deal, if the other state allows it. Along with paperwork from the seller.
They got as far as wine from CA and a few others, and that liqueur license must cost a fortune.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, but if a 15 year old got on line and ordered something from her, we do not have any set up to double check their age. If a 15 year old bought a sewing pattern from me, unless they told me their age, I would send it. But if they bought alcoholic beverages on line, where does the system jump in to be sure that the seller is 'carding' the buyer to be sure they are allowed to buy and that the seller can ship it to them? I'm not aware of any system in place to be sure that this is happening. Sure the seller will eventually have some paperwork to deal with wither their particular state, but that is after the fact. But a seller that is selling things that there is an age limit should be able to have a set up to check the age at the point of sale unless they go through a lot of back and forth emails. I could tell anyone that I am 35 but that doesn't make it so.

I don't know how other sites handle this sort of thing, but I don't see eCRATER as set up to so. I don't drink anyhow so in a sense it doesn't impact me except for the drunk teenagers in my state that cross the borders to get the stuff and then get killed in car crashes.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, and even then the age verification they do on most sites is not legit. Normally they just ask "Are you 18 or older?" if not, leave now! Like that's going to stop a 15 year old boy from lying and saying yep, I sure am 18! Even sites that do require you to email or fax in your photo I.D., what's to stop a teen girl from taking her mom's I.D. and emailing the company a copy of her 41 year old mother's license and putting her mother's info on the order form then selecting to have the wine mailed elsewhere as a gift?

They could be having it mailed to an abandoned house up the street, or to a friend's house whose mom doesn't care if their teen daughter drinks and will accept the package and not say a word about it to those teens? The entire system of age verification is flawed. They are so lenient online and also, I can go to a nightclub to enjoy a musician and they will let my younger friends who could've easily been only 17 right in the door with no questions asked yet treat me like I'm a 16 year old using a fake I.D. with how strict they are towards me just because I look so young for my age. So security is very on again off again lenient.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30+ years ago I worked as a grocery store cashier and carded every kid looking person coming through wanting to buy cigarettes and since I think they are a disgusting habit (people could still smoke in the stores and I would have people blowing that smoke in my face all day) so I checked all IDs. I even had a little girl come in with a note from her mom as to which cigarettes the mom wanted. I sent the girl home empty handed. Obviously the other cashiers weren't as strict as I was because so many were surprised to be asked for ID.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've literally been to events before with friends whose moms insisted that my friends drag their 16 year old sister along and the mom didn't know the big sister was going to an adult's only event. The 16 year old sister looked 27 easily and she did not get carded so of course it made me very mad when I approached the front the door, here I was in my mid 20's and the bouncer insisted on seeing my I.D. and turned me away at the door insisting my I.D was fake because Ohio had just changed the layout and look of their licenses and I really only looked like I was 17, so I had to get a manager to come verify it was real by running my license number thru the state police database.

All the bands I like go to bars to perform, they never do shows at the concert halls for some reason and he treated me that way and I said I really love how you're treating me like a teenage child who is lying about my age when I've got an Ohio driver's license with legitimate holograms and everything yet you let my friends sister in the door without carding her because you said she looks like she is 27 years old. Did it never occur to you that just as an adult can look significantly younger than they really are, that a teenager can also look much older than they really are?

Your logic is flawed because one of my friends you just let in who looks 25-30 years old could've easily been only 16. He said well I doubt that, I've never been wrong before so I said well you're wrong this time. He said, are you telling me that one of those girls I just let in is not 18 and I said, that's exactly what I'm saying. So when the manager came to confront me I told him the bouncer just let a 16 year old girl inside and did not card her because she looked 27 years old. I figured, If he wasn't going to let me in when I was definitely old enough to be there, then my friend's 16 year old sister should not be getting off so easily. Besides, the bouncer gave that girl a 21 year old drinker's pass so I probably did her favor and saved her older sister from getting grounded for 2 months because I can guarantee that little girl would've bought alcohol.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
... it made me very mad when I approached the front the door, here I was in my mid 20's and the bouncer insisted on seeing my I.D. and ... I really only looked like I was 17.
I know you found this annoying, but count your blessings if this continues and enjoy your youthful looks. My sister thought it was funny when she could walk in a bar at 17 and they carded me at 27. A few years ago we went thrifting and the store offered a senior discount if you were over 50. They gave her a discount without any questions, but asked for my ID. She was 51, I was 61 and she didn't find it so amusing.

I think the last time I was carded for liquor was 2 weeks after my 50th birthday. Maybe it was because I still looked like Twiggy and had my waist length hair in braids. Laughing
Now I look like I'm eligible for the 65+ senior discount. Crying or Very sad Oh well, too much chocolate and sitting in front of the computer.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last fall sitting in B&N I got into a discussion with two old women and said something about being older and the one told me I look around 35-38 and the other though I was in my early 40's so they were quite surprised to learn I was almost 60 at that point. I ran into that so much last year which is a real morale booster for going into your 60's and feeling as decrepit as I feel most of the time!

Quote:
Oh well, too much chocolate

I credit chocolate with my young looks (and never smoking) as I eat enough that my skin is plumped up and no wrinkles show, so keep eating it Sheila!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still get asked for I.D. when I go to adult functions, when I buy a bottle of cough syrup, when I buy a bottle of rubber cement or mod podge glue, when I buy a rated R movie in some stores and I turned 30 this year. I am told lots of times that I will appreciate that when I am older but right now, it insults me, makes me feel like a baby with all these older adults wanting to verify my age for products I have been using for years.

I have been using mod podge since I was 8 and I have never sniffed it and tried to get high off it, I have been watching rated R movies since I was 7, and I was able to buy cough syrup with no problems up until about 2 years ago when they discovered that kids are also using that to get high and I suddenly started getting carded for that as well. What's next, am I going to be carded for coffee?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: